Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

WTF is wrong with you people? Threatening to go to his house? Wanting to report him to the police?

Comment, but there really isn’t any need for this.

Hugo bel die polisie! Yes guys, you are that lady.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF is wrong with you people? Threatening to go to his house? Wanting to report him to the police?

i'm curious: why isn't there a need for this? Must someone get infected first, or what's the threshold for getting entitled pricks like these to comply with a very simple, it'sGoodForEveryone initiative?

FWIW, i agree with you, for the moment. Meaning i suspect this prick is the type that must have what he wants, when he wants it, how he wants it.

Edited by Capricorn

The Johannesburg resident told officials that he was attempting to cycle to Cape Town. He has been detained at Mondeor Police Station.

What a tool. Anyway. The Beit bridge border queue is 6km long!

What a tool. Anyway. The Beit bridge border queue is 6km long!

Anyone who has been stuck at that border for a good few hours know how much fun that isn't....

Also great- lockdown to stop people moving and spreading the virus- and boom everyone moves and takes the virus to their rural areas

Cos there's a difference between irresponsible behaviour, causal behaviour and vigilantism, I guess?

i'm curious: why isn't there a need for this? Must someone get infected first, or what's the threshold for getting entitled pricks like these to comply with a very simple, it'sGoodForEveryone initiative?

FWIW, i agree with you, for the moment. Meaning i suspect this prick is the type that must have what he wants, when he wants it, how he wants it.

The Johannesburg resident told officials that he was attempting to cycle to Cape Town. He has been detained at Mondeor Police Station.

why cape town? was he going to buy groceries?

Just heard on Jacaranda that a cyclist was arrested in JHB. He was riding with a backpack. No further details...

there's always one...why did it have to be someone with flat pedals, giving the rest of us a bad name

attachicon.gifWhatsApp Image 2020-03-27 at 09.05.16.jpeg

I am FORTUNATELY NOT GUILTY.

Sitting @Home in CAPE TOWN on a Trainer.

Why not report him?  if he gets away with it.... soon others will be riding without consequence... and we will be back to everyone and his dog out riding the cradle before 7am !!

Edited by shaper

Cos there's a difference between irresponsible behaviour, causal behaviour and vigilantism, I guess?

I can't see where you going with those statements without downplaying the importance of the lockdown.  But to respond to your post directly" what he did is illegal, and since when is reporting a criminal act vigilantism?

Why not report him? if he gets away with it.... soon others will be riding without consequence... and we will be back to everyone and his dog out riding the cradle before 7am !!

Do what you feel you must, you are a big boy.

I would prefer the police force and army to focus on the hotspots and riots, but that’s just me.

Nothing wrong if you wish to report a suspected crime. (Although I suspect the cops are a little busy currently).

But threatening to visit his house, presumably to dish out some justice would be illegal...ironically twice.

(I'm not accusing you of the above act/s, just responding in context to the original strava comments).

I can't see where you going with those statements without downplaying the importance of the lockdown. But to respond to your post directly" what he did is illegal, and since when is reporting a criminal act vigilantism?

So I guess this could be a thread on its own, but I don't know if its worth starting another, but what are your recommendations of cycling related events, specials, documentaries, etc to watch on YouTube etc while we're couching up?

I can't see where you going with those statements without downplaying the importance of the lockdown. But to respond to your post directly" what he did is illegal, and since when is reporting a criminal act vigilantism?

It’s not, but pitching up at his house and throwing eggs at him is. Maybe we could draw the line before we end up doing that.