Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

General comment, not aimed at Savages.

We all get judged by the actions of a few.

Its a shame that you allow ignorance to be a point of view

Its a shame that you allow ignorance to be a point of view

I don't allow it. It is unfortunately the reality. That is all I was stating.

Its a shame that you are allowed to continue trolling the hub after having been banned twice for it already.

I don't allow it. It is unfortunately the reality. That is all I was stating.

Its a shame that you are allowed to continue trolling the hub after having been banned twice for it already.

Finally! 

It bugged me for so long wondering who you were talking about....

We abide by all current lock down regulations which are tweeted out with no scientific backing randomly by ministers.

Ok, let me phrase the question another way,...is C2H5OH containing health drinks available for consumption during the monthly religious gathering or has this been shifted to a taxi?

Back on topic  :clap:

We made the call to start hitting the trails, on weekends, later in the afternoons when we know the specific spots are quiet. No point in risking running into other riders for safety sake. 

For the rest of the time we ride on the trainer. 

Call me paranoid but... this virus might put you down for 2 weeks +- but the potential long term damage is unknown. If it is anything like SARS then you are in for one hell of a rough ride.

Call me paranoid but... this virus might put you down for 2 weeks +- but the potential long term damage is unknown. If it is anything like SARS then you are in for one hell of a rough ride.

There are solid indications that for some at least, it will take a long time to recover, with after effects like serious fatigue, impaired lung function, some neurological issues etc. Small minority, but not to be taken lightly.

We made the call to start hitting the trails, on weekends, later in the afternoons when we know the specific spots are quiet. No point in risking running into other riders for safety sake. 

Very anecdotal, but I have seen a few people posting on social media that they are suffering long term damage.

It would suck to get sick while riding, then never recovering fully and not being able to ride properly again.

It is very much like SARS, hence its official name SARS-COV2.

I have a standing weekly zoom call with some mates who on the front line. They live in fear everyday. They are seeing it affect healthy people in ways that wasn't predicted. There are recovered patients with permanent lung damage.

Then there are people with comorbidity that get up and walk out a week later with 100% recovery within 21 days. No doctor can predict how its going to hit a patient.

1st prize = don't get it. There's no science confirming herd immunity yet.

Then there's the elephant in the room around whether asymptomatic people actually spread the virus or not.... The science on this one is going to be interesting

Very anecdotal, but I have seen a few people posting on social media that they are suffering long term damage.

It would suck to get sick while riding, then never recovering fully and not being able to ride properly again.

It really freaks me out. I'm finally getting back to the same level of fitness I had back in 2014 and it would really suck if I get struck with a major setback that could last indefinitely. (not to mention just building my dream bike)

I'm looking for the article I read about a cyclist that recovered and then went for blood tests to see if he is good to start training again. His results were all over the place showing some scary things like almost non-existent haemoglobin levels and massively elevated iron levels.  

It is very much like SARS, hence its official name SARS-COV2.

/snip

Up-in-the-air doesn't even begin to describe this. 

A young guy at my fiancé's work passed away this morning... So the old and frail with pre-existing conditions theory holds even less water now. 

Personally weigh up chance being hi jacked alone or hit by a car alone vs riding in a group.

Surely it is just an easier decision to ride a mtb on secure private trails then? :ph34r:

Surely it is just an easier decision to ride a mtb on secure private trails then? :ph34r:

Need a mtb and secure private trails then. I would ideally be spending the next 6 months in the wilderness in my caravan riding gravel roads near nobody and home schooling my kids.

Definitely my go-to at the moment. We are fortunate to have a couple of secure MTB parks in and around Snor-City. 

Road bike has been lubed up and placed on Furlough....