Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

I was holding on to some sense of 'togetherness' and consideration in these times but I guess not. Sadly walking and drinking your coffee with your 4 mates trumps the need to follow protocols. 

The funny thing about that area is if you're on a bike you can't ride at all fast because it's so busy. You're better off hitting the tarmac, less people by far. 

and less dog sh i t. Not for nothing they are called the mink and manure set.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, not sure this is the right thread to post this in but do any of you know what level bike shops will open again or if anyone is already operating in the Somerset west/ Stellenbosch area? Really enjoying getting out in the mornings but it would be more fun with a working back brake....

I watched some YT videos to try fix it myself but I don't have the tools I'd need and there are a few other things my poor Giant Revel needs looked at as well.

Calvin WELCOME to the Hub

Your best bet is to contact your local Giant dealer :

William's Bike Shop

Shop 8b, Oak Street, 7130 Somerset West , Western Cape

021 851 0919

william@williamsbikeshop.co.za

www.williamsbikeshop.co.za

They will be best informed as to THEIR certificates, and what they may do at this stage.  Mostly it is only emergency repairs for essential services at this stage ....

Hope you get sorted  :thumbup:

and less dog sh i t. Not for nothing they are called the mink and manure set.

I was down that way as well this morning and one of my hounds took his usual dump and as I was getting a bag out these two ladies with a couple of ridgebacks came around the corner and said 'don't worry just leave it, no one is looking'. Had to chirp back that 'wasn't the point, what about the kids running about, the cyclists and everyone else there. It's about good manners, just like wearing a mask'... They weren't wearing a mask.    :whistling:

Edited by T-Bob

Hey Chris,

thanks for the warm welcome and for the advice :)

Calvin WELCOME to the Hub

Your best bet is to contact your local Giant dealer :

William's Bike Shop
Shop 8b, Oak Street, 7130 Somerset West , Western Cape
021 851 0919
william@williamsbikeshop.co.za
www.williamsbikeshop.co.za

They will be best informed as to THEIR certificates, and what they may do at this stage.  Mostly it is only emergency repairs for essential services at this stage ....

Hope you get sorted  :thumbup:

Ir arrested for standing still... social distancing in the back of a police van doesn't apply... https://www.facebook.com/roxgeee/videos/10156875431155843/?sfnsn=scwspwa&d=w&vh=i&extid=1YhPCZqfu2YQqT2x&d=w&vh=i

sorry...but this chap was causing k*k. He was trying to be smart and it backfired on him. regardless of if i agree with the rules or not..dont be a smartass and you won'y end up in the back of a van

sorry...but this chap was causing k*k. He was trying to be smart and it backfired on him. regardless of if i agree with the rules or not..dont be a smartass and you won'y end up in the back of a van

Its a SUP thing. they go and do some spiritual yoga with their paddles while watching the sunrise. Its a thing I tell you. Some okes just smoke the lentils instead of turning it to soup

Its a SUP thing. they go and do some spiritual yoga with their paddles while watching the sunrise. Its a thing I tell you. Some okes just smoke the lentils instead of turning it to soup

Strange looking SUP paddle.... :P

Strange looking SUP paddle.... :P

LOL I didn't say he's a SUP or holding a SUP Paddle just that the paddling air thing while staring at the rising sun is a SUP thing. Okes do the same on the Zandvlei and Fish Hoek/ Clovelly. I don't get it.

The paddle hes' holding is a touring paddle. I had a similar unit in my kayak as a spare in case I lost mine in the river through rapids.

LOL I didn't say he's a SUP or holding a SUP Paddle just that the paddling air thing while staring at the rising sun is a SUP thing. Okes do the same on the Zandvlei and Fish Hoek/ Clovelly. I don't get it.

The paddle hes' holding is a touring paddle. I had a similar unit in my kayak as a spare in case I lost mine in the river through rapids.

That is odd.... 

Some okes just need a f**king slap, thats all. Including this self-righteous cameraman.

Aye, being "uppity" he was. Bet the cheeky bugger never even had his dompas with him.

An interesting thing to point out in the surfer argument.

Canoe South Africa was told no paddling. This came from SAMSA(Marine safety). The understanding is more the safety aspect and having to have search and rescue on hand.

New Zealand had similar with their lock down and water sports.

Now if we could surf, then the reality is anyone can go swim between 6 and 9. 

Another interesting thing is to note all Canoe SA paddlers do competency tests and are deemed competent and yet they were denied.

Is there a surfing competency test?- genuine question(I last surfed age 13 back in 03)

https://www.canoesa.org.za/newsletter/newsletter-2/

Canoe South Africa was told no paddling. This came from SAMSA(Marine safety). The understanding is more the safety aspect and having to have search and rescue on hand.

Another interesting thing is to note all Canoe SA paddlers do competency tests and are deemed competent and yet they were denied.

Is there a surfing competency test?- genuine question(I last surfed age 13 back in 03)

Yes. Dunks / closeouts per hour. :lol:

Let's face it.. The canoeing competency test is basically pointless... But yes.. You have a point