Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

It's relatively easy for me.

They say 5 kms, I stick within in. Why? because for now it minimizes risk. Mainly due to insurance lovingly looking for ways not to pay. Same with Med aid.

Ride with a form of identification (Id card in my case) 

Masks: Pointless if not worn/used correctly. My observation: 95% of people are using them incorreclty, fiddling, touching their masks/faces. But they say wear one, So I do, and make sure it's done correctly. 

All done so much easier from a high horse.

for now, there is no point in swimming upstream, it will achieve nothing.

There is enough lobbying, writing, bitching going. The powers that be, are not interested in that.

I have bigger things to worry about than a invisible circle around my house. I didnt feel like dressing for the temperature this morning, so I got on my trainer and did an hour. Yes it was fun, chased some saffas aroud virtual london. no mask needed, no circle of death to worry about.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a key difference.

The one is a criminal act and rightfully so.

The other is a normal act that has been criminalized. By criminals. 

That's your opinion about the second rule. I'm sure all the families of people who died (or will die) from Covid19 will think otherwise.

I'm not saying driving all the way to the V&A from Durbanville is as dangerous as driving under influence, what I'm saying is that my opinion don't matter. The rules are there, and the autorities change priorities...

Today they are making examples, I doubt it's working as people don't seem to take things seriously, so not sure when they'll go back to actual policing...

Edited by Jbr

What is the gazetted wording for this transgression?

The best I could find is :  https://www.gov.za/documents/disaster-management-act-regulations-29-apr-2020-0000

Movement of persons

16. (1) Every person is confined to his or her place of residence.

(2) A person may only leave their place of residence to--

(a) perform an essential or permitted service, as allowed in Alert Level 4;

(b) go to work where a permit which corresponds with Form 2 of Annexure A, has been issued;

© buy permitted goods;

(d) obtain services that are allowed to operate as set out in Table 1 to the Regulations;

(e) move children, as allowed;

(f) walk, run or cycle between the hours of 06H00 to 09H00, within a five kilometre radius of their place of residence; Provided that this is not done in organised groups

Where does it  state that you have to shop at the closest shop?

Nah, man. Not a high horse. Just amused that someone is astonished at it all when they deliberately break the guidelines and get caught out. 

Please provide verifiable proof that on has to shop in their own neighborhood.

My fiance PHONED the department of health this morning and asked if the wearing of masks is a legal requirement.

IT IS NOT!!

Yes shops have right of admission so they can tell you no mask no shop. But it's not a legal requirement.

Some retard sent a wattsapp to their complex chat to say that it's been gazetted. But once again it was a bullshirt story.

That's your opinion about the second rule. I'm sure all the families of people who died (or will die) from Covid19 will think otherwise.

I'm not saying driving all the way to the V&A from Durbanville is as dangerous as driving under influence, what I'm saying is that my opinion don't matter. The rules are there, and the autorities change priorities...

Today they are making examples, I doubt it's working as people don't seem to take things seriously, so not sure when they'll go back to actual policing...

The National Communist Command Committee under NDZ has fortunately not put a distance limit on where one may travel to procure one's daily rations.

Please provide verifiable proof that on has to shop in their own neighborhood.

https://www.gov.za/documents/disaster-management-act-regulations-29-apr-2020-0000

Movement of persons

(b) go to work where a permit which corresponds with Form 2 of Annexure A, has been issued;

© buy permitted goods;

(d) obtain services that are allowed to operate as set out in Table 1 to the Regulations;

(f) walk, run or cycle between the hours of 06H00 to 09H00, within a five kilometre radius of their place of residence; Provided that this is not done in organised groups

(3) Every person is confined to his or her place of residence from 20H00 until 05H00 daily, except where a person has been granted a permit to perform an essential or permitted service as listed in Annexure D, or is attending to a security or medical emergency .

(4) Movement between provinces, metropolitan areas and districts are prohibited  except-

(a) for workers who have a permit to perform an essential or permitted service who have to commute to and from work on a daily basis;

(b) the attendance of a funeral, as allowed;

© the transportation of mortal remains; and

(d) for learners who have to commute to and from school or higher education institutions on a daily basis during periods when those institutions are permitted to operate.

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

My fiance PHONED the department of health this morning and asked if the wearing of masks is a legal requirement.

IT IS NOT!!

Yes shops have right of admission so they can tell you no mask no shop. But it's not a legal requirement.

Some retard sent a wattsapp to their complex chat to say that it's been gazetted. But once again it was a bullshirt story.

Yup I had a go at our community WA admin over letting some poephol post the same garbage on the group.

https://www.gov.za/documents/disaster-management-act-regulations-29-apr-2020-0000

Movement of persons

© buy permitted goods;

(3) Every person is confined to his or her place of residence from 20H00 until 05H00 daily, except where a person has been granted a permit to perform an essential or permitted service as listed in Annexure D, or is attending to a security or medical emergency .

(4) Movement between provinces, metropolitan areas and districts are prohibited  except-

(a) for workers who have a permit to perform an essential or permitted service who have to commute to and from work on a daily basis;

(d) for learners who have to commute to and from school or higher education institutions on a daily basis during periods when those institutions are permitted to operate.

Where in there does it say I have to shop in my hood?

IT IS NOT!!

Well then I'll jump off my high horse and agree with some of you on the stupidity of all these rules  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Edited by Jbr

Movement of persons

© buy permitted goods;

See, it's all make believe. I travel across metros to collect my daughter from her mother's house. Legally. It's not in your quote. 

Also, I am allowed to shop at Makro? They are the only place that stocks the replacement filters for my inline water filtration system. The closest Makro to me is outside of my district.

Actually, where's the map to go with this made up nonsense? What's a district? Where's my district?

The National Communist Command Committee under NDZ has fortunately not put a distance limit on where one may travel to procure one's daily rations.

Yeah, there's no explicit distance, it just stipulates metros, districts and provinces. 

If this doesn't mean what I think it means, then cool. But as far as I understod it, travel between neighbourhoods / districts etc wasn't allowed. 

EDIT: COCT is a single district. Therefore she was within her rights, in terms of the regulations. 

IT IS NOT!!

yeah, agreed. Hope that person got corrected. 

EDIT: Seems we're all wrong, and it now is gazzetted. 

This is the uncertainty we don't need. 

Yeah, there's no explicit distance, it just stipulates metros, districts and provinces. 

If this doesn't mean what I think it means, then cool. But as far as I understod it, travel between neighbourhoods / districts etc wasn't allowed. 

I guess the question is "what is a district?" Neighbourhood is not mentioned in the regulations.

Edited by MTBeer

See, it's all make believe. I travel across metros to collect my daughter from her mother's house. Legally. It's not in your quote. 

Also, I am allowed to shop at Makro? They are the only place that stocks the replacement filters for my inline water filtration system. The closest Makro to me is outside of my district.

Actually, where's the map to go with this made up nonsense? What's a district? Where's my district?

It's in there. 16.2.E

Dunno... 

Eish

don't touch them on their studio.