Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

How does 5km radius from home minimise risk?

Not born in this country, so can't get ID card. Even so, my fiancee has ID card, her address is not on it.

From a legal point of view, regarding insurance and medical aid.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not born in this country, so can't get ID card. Even so, my fiancee has ID card, her address is not on it.

Someone said yes? To you?! 

:whistling:

Congratulations, man. Really. 

From a legal point of view, regarding insurance and medical aid.

Shouldn't affect it at all. Med aid won't be affected one jot, that's for certain. Vehicle insurance afaik shouldn't either, but I can't say for certain on that side.  

not that it really matters, but for interest sake... they can see the address you used to apply for it by scanning the barcode on either your I.D or drivers licence. Whether that is current or not is obviously up to you. Thats why you take proof of residence to apply/renew....also why the old "i forgot my licence at home " excuse doesn't work anymore...they just check it against your I.D number now to see if you actually have one or not....then either gooi you in the van or give you a R500 fine. 

Edited by morneS555

not that it really matters, but for interest sake... they can see the address you used to apply for it by scanning the barcode on either your I.D or drivers licence. Whether that is current or not is obviously up to you. Thats why you take proof of residence to apply/renew....also why the old "i forgot my licence at home " excuse doesn't work anymore...they just check it against your I.D number now to see if you actually have one or not....then either gooi you in the van or give you a R500 fine. 

I don't need a license to ride a bicycle.

Renew my ID book? Since when now do I need to do that?

Edited by TNT1

Sorry for being so vociferous. Not aimed at you specifically. And I suppose we're all guilty of inadvertently accepting something that is not true to be the truth and going with that.

I predict that when this all ends there's going to be a blanket amnesty for these fines that the police hand out for rules that they seem to make up on the fly

I wonder if some of these "ignorant" cops are police reservists who are not completely familiar with the laws?

I replaced both my ID and license this year, no one asked me for proof of address during the process.

I wonder if some of these "ignorant" cops are police reservists who are not completely familiar with the laws?

I dunno. I sit on the CPF EXCO, and the mis-communication from national through provincial to the station commander level is astounding. I'm not surprised in any way that the cop on the street has a different understanding/interpretation of the regulations as to what is said at national level, as so much is distorted/changed as it slips down the chain of command. Coupled to the fact that everyone above the rank of captain will not do a thing without it being a written order means that between lack of action and lack of communication, the broken-telephone effect is immense.

Thats cause of the ID card. Reminds me of the gun license issue many people are having. Years ago a card system was rolled out so that you did not have to get your gun license in your ID book. About 5 or so years ago the renewal system is messed up with owners now struggling to renew their card. Turns out if you still have an ID book with your gun license in it, then you license is valid. Many owners dont and are now illegal gun owners.

Fat lot of good the card system does

like i said...you obviously don't 'have' to. But if you or someone you know still has the old green booklet....read the fine print in the front. nevermind...got it for you, see below

I replaced both my ID and license this year, no one asked me for proof of address during the process.

lucky i guess...i had to provide proof of address for both in 2018 after I got mugged. i know because i pitched up without copies and got sent home after standing in the line forever lol. 

post-64325-0-01017600-1589361717.png

Edited by morneS555

like i said...you obviously don't 'have' to. But if you or someone you know still has the old green booklet....read the fine print in the front. nevermind...got it for you, see below

lucky i guess...i had to provide proof of address for both in 2018 after I got mugged. i know because i pitched up without copies and got sent home after standing in the line forever lol. 

Sure. The point is I'm not going to voluntarily make things easier for the prison guards, am I?

Thats cause of the ID card. 

Not born here. Can't get card.

And the green book has been through the wash so many times, and was issued in 1993, that if you hope to read anything written in it, good luck.

Edited by TNT1

Quick question, I might get stoned for asking that but I'll take my chances... How many of us here are located in Table view ?

Firstly : I've created segments in Sunningdale last week, that are relatively safe to ride (very few cars, not so many pedestrian etc...). I don't really want to advertise them too much as I would like to keep them not too busy, but on the other hand, I think it would be fun to challenge each other on some fun-not so crowded loops. In a way it's like doing crit races except we don't race in a bunch :D

Secondly : Has anyone got some decent MTB/Gravel loop to do in the area ? I'm assuming the only way to have something else than tar withing a 5k radius would also be in the Table bay mall area, but I think it's quite sandy... I'm interested if anyone has a Strava link to share... would be nice to stay away from the runners and get the MTBs dirty for a change

If there's some interest, for Road/MTB strava challenges in the area I'll create a topic, but it would obviously have to remain within the current rules (we ride solo / between 6 and 9)

Edited by Jbr

I promised I'd never do this but I'm trying to illustrate a point with this.

I drove to blue route mall to go buy a new laptop this morning. It's beyond the P.O.T. but of course I was in my car so therefore it's completely safe. I saw 7 cyclists out well beyond the 9.00 be cowering inside your home deadline. But fear not. I saw far more pedestrians ruining it for the many who were cowering behind their front doors. But were they exercising, commuting or homeless?

But when I got to Blueroute I was shocked. The parking lot was packed and there were hundreds of people inside.

The lockdown is a hoax people. The only thing locked down at the moment is the economy.

I promised I'd never do this but I'm trying to illustrate a point with this.

I drove to blue route mall to go buy a new laptop this morning. It's beyond the P.O.T. but of course I was in my car so therefore it's completely safe. 

snip

Did you have your mask on inside your car? ...and your aircon set to only circulate internal air?

what if someone coughed onto your car at the traffic light?

:ph34r: 

If I were a betting man, I would surmise that it's going to be a matter of time before exercise is locked down if the wrong people who make the rules read this. I saw it on EWN yesterday as well. 

This morning I went for a ride again, since Saturday, and the amount of cyclists who think a mask/buff is meant to keep their chins warm.....(aaargh I give up)...

https://www.sport24.co.za/OtherSport/Cycling/cyclists-implored-to-stop-being-disrespectful-and-wear-masks-20200513