Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

So seeing as this fekking mask wearing shite is going to be with us for a while, have you lot decided which is the best type for heavy exercise? Buffs are no good.

Buffs are the best option for me. 

You can gooi it single or double layer, 

When one area gets damp, I can swirl it around for another dry area.

And it keeps the neck area lekka warm on those chilly mornings.

No strings attached. Pun intended.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So has anyone resolved the conflict between mask breathability and filterability yet?

I'm trying to reconcile entrapment theory, tortuosity and Darcy's law...

I just find it is too 'flexible'. When you're sucking big air you suck the thing into you mouth. It gets worse when it gets wet.

You know it's winter when you discover your socks are inside out at the end of the ride...

attachicon.gifIMG_6998.jpg

How do you rate the Fiziks? Currently riding Spez but they are coming up for replacement

So has anyone resolved the conflict between mask breathability and filterability yet?

I'm trying to reconcile entrapment theory, tortuosity and Darcy's law...

I wear the buff only to keep my neck warm, but it tends to squash my nose too much. Since the ciovita masks don't allow me to ride at the intensities I want to, I'll keep them for shopping. I just ordered the anatomic ones. That mask thing is getting expensive now!

If anyone in the Table view area wants an anatomic or ciovita mask contact me, I won't need 6 masks  :w00t:  :w00t:

Edited by Jbr

I just find it is too 'flexible'. When you're sucking big air you suck the thing into you mouth. It gets worse when it gets wet.

Try to fold a double layer over your nose so it sits snug, single layer lower down over your mouth should then make a bit of a gap to make the breathing easier.

I still find that I need to pull it down to my chin when doing harder efforts.

Couple of years ago we did a lot of early morning winter rides so got very used to riding with a buff.

Wisdom above

Which is pretty much exactly what Squirrel said last night. This thing is entirely in our hands now.

You mean NDZ's secretary?

Edited by Duane_Bosch

You mean NDZ's secretary?

This whole thing has been typically African. Big noise. Great fanfare. Amazing PR. No plan and Fokkol execution. And at the end of yet another failed project we can't remember exactly what the intention of it was in the first place.

All those press conference by the NCCC. So much peacocking and dick swinging. I was so happy Squirrel didn't mention that they would unveil the new regulations during the week, giving each arsehat in a hat the opportunity to try and outdo each other.

I'm hoping it calms down a bit now.

All those press conference by the NCCC. So much peacocking and dick swinging. I was so happy Squirrel didn't mention that they would unveil the new regulations during the week, giving each arsehat in a hat the opportunity to try and outdo each other.

I'm hoping it calms down a bit now.

Bru I've been doing work in Africa for years and guaranteed the oke with the shiniest suit and loudest tie is the biggest barrier to the success of any project. It's the guy who shuts up in the meetings who gets the job done. And the ANC are all feathers, shiny suits and dumb fkin hats.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Going to be interesting to see how the final GAZETTED information differs from the official website for Level 3 - https://sacoronavirus.co.za/covid-19-risk-adjusted-strategy/

R. Personal Movement:

1. Interprovincial travel is not permitted except to return to work with proof of employment, in exceptional circumstances such as funerals (with approval) or essential services.

2. Stay at home, other than essential travel for work and to purchase essential goods.

3. No recreational travel or to meet friends or family.

4. Mandatory use of cloth masks (including home-made ones to cover nose and mask) and ensure hand hygiene when in public and at workplace.

5. Emergencies for medical reasons.

6. Those who have an exemption to travel for funerals

7. South Africans returning home and foreign nationals leaving South Africa

8. Elderly and persons with co-morbidities are encouraged to self-isolate and only leave home for exceptional reasons.

9. Social distancing (2m away from other persons) to be applied in public when, shopping, visiting health facilities (pharmacies, clinics etc),

10. Walking, jogging and cycling permitted

11. Social distancing when using public and private transport, as per transport guidelines

12. All public gatherings are prohibited.

13. Stores to ensure that there is temperature screening of patrons, hand sanitisers available and measures to facilitate social distancing. Where the number of customers cannot be accommodated at once then measures such a ticket system and defined limit of time in the store per customer should be implemented instead of the physical queuing of customers.

14. Curfews will be implemented between 8pm and 5am

just 14 goes and a a few liberties added like;

- beaches opened for activity

- 5km radius of exercise is removed

- sale of alcohol is allowed between 12noon and 5p, Mondays (to replinish weekend consumption, Wednesdays and Fridays ( to stock up for the weekend).

Must admit, small part of me will miss the 6-9 training slots. Was a nice vibe on the roads filled with loads of people training, felt safer with fewer cars and more people around. Almost every day you would pass, greet& have a quick chat with people you know, 

nothing stopping you from continuing with 6am to 9am.... :)

I for one will be out from 7am to 9am and 5pm till 7pm.

just 14 goes and a a few liberties added like;

- sale of alcohol is allowed between 12noon and 5p, Mondays (to replinish weekend consumption, Wednesdays and Fridays ( to stock up for the weekend).

The one thing we have learnt over the last few sessions ..... presentation, lots of posturing in the media, then the Gazette reveals the real truth .... and all to often intirem Gaztttes are published for various items ....

Until it is Gazetted best to sit back and enjoy the popcorn ....

just 14 goes and a few liberties added like;

- sale of alcohol is allowed between 12noon and 5pm, Mondays (to replenish weekend consumption, Wednesdays and Fridays ( to stock up for the weekend).

MTB routes be opened (Tokai, Table Mountain etc)...  :whistling:

I wear the buff only to keep my neck warm, but it tends to squash my nose too much. Since the ciovita masks don't allow me to ride at the intensities I want to, I'll keep them for shopping. I just ordered the anatomic ones. That mask thing is getting expensive now!

If anyone in the Table view area wants an anatomic or ciovita mask contact me, I won't need 6 masks  :w00t:  :w00t:

CIOVITA 4-LAYER SPORTS FACE MASK

https://ciovita.co.za/collections/premium-printed-face-masks/products/4-layer-sports-face-mask-3pk

fgfdgfdgdfgd_2000x.jpg?v=1590139460