Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hence my question of a few posts ago...

Selective filter material, I suppose, would be a possible work around...

the more breathable the mask the less use it is in preventing transmission

And branding them with Specialized....

The S Works edition will be 0.02 g  lighter despite having an extra layer for better protection. 

The S Works edition will be 0.02 g  lighter despite having an extra layer for better protection. 

Makes you faster than any virus....

Edited by Mojoman

Ah yes the unit with the Brain suspension valve in it that only works when you breathe

I am sure that the e-bike specific mask will be better 

Had a quiet laugh on Saturday morning ....

Idling along on Bottelary road ... on the e-bike.  That little false flat had the other riders working hard, while I was idling along nicely at 20 to 25km/h on my help-my-trap.

Now the fun starts .... I catch up to two riders, and wait for a clear spot in the traffic to pass them safely .....

I get out the saddle and power past.  Now any e-bike rider will appreciate this bit.  By the second pedal stroke I am at 32km/h and there is no more assist ..... if you wanna pass, you are going to have to power this tank up that little incline under your own steam .....

But now I keep my cadence up and I ride at a good pace, and quickly catch the pair of cyclists.  Darned traffic magically opens and I dont get time to catch my breath.  Now I am past the assist level even before I get out the saddle ....  :oops:

Dammit, I nearly sucked that buff into my throat gasping for air ...  :whistling:   I can only wonder what the other riders thought about the "e-bike" blasting past them .... probably never considered just how hard I had to work for those passes .... 

As I neared the perimeter of death I turned left, and up Kruis Pad .... I leave the help-my-trap on level 1, and give it my all up that hill .... 

That beast CAN give you a work-out.  :blink:   :thumbup:

Best part, I could then sit back and get some e-assistance while my hart rate (and knees) recovered.  Few minutes later I put in another "interval session".

LOVING this help-my-trap more and more with each ride.  :clap:

And I can confirm - when you do intervals and really work at it .... that buff seriously cuts off the air flow !!!  Got to the point where I had to choose between ripping off the buff, or dialing down the effort .... the buff stayed on.

The "SL" version will be 20% lighter, with an integrated filter that can only be removed from the bottom.  :thumbup:

The "TRANCE e" will be faster than the Euro models ...  :devil: