Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it's safer than living in Cape Town - by the way I have full 4g down where you camp

further to this, I have seen a few CT peeps coming up here and booking into self catering for a month - those that can work from home and wishing to stay safe.  The accom is super negotiable at the moment obviously

Just no 5g please, we all know what that causes...

Weaponised bats.....

And then Corona.

Yes...we all know.... :thumbup:

You've been camping with the wrong people if your camp is full of dirt and mess.... :P

CW won’t allow a single bit of dirt anywhere near our caravan and setup . Camping doesn’t mean suffering by any means . 

Happily sit and drink my Nespresso or Moka , with a roasted meal to follow. And pudding baked in the Weber . 

Def no suffering

Midmar Dam, in the 80's and 90's. Hlalanathi in the height of storm-season. Monk's Cowl. Mazeppa Bay, Nature's Valley, Cape Vidal etc etc etc. 

Midmar was a right of passage in those days . 2 weeks in the caravan with the ballies , Windsurfers , Paper Tiger and eventually a ski boat.

Was a big deal to sail right across the dam from Morgenzon over to the yacht club , get slap chips from the restaurant there and sail back. If you missed the boat it was a long run around.

Remember so well the last few screaming reaches on my Flite slalom board as the wind howls just before the afternoon storm , and scrambling to get off the water as it hits.

Good times

Yes yes.

Happy Wanderers, Scotborough, Jeffreys Bay, Nelspruit, George, Plett, Algeria, Greyton etc etc etc. My parents had a caravan my whole life while I was growing up.

I'm all camped out. You guys camp. I'll be in the Airbnb.

Quite impressed you ous made it all the way to Algeria . Respect

I saw in Instagram that Tommy Rivs is in hospital on oxygen because of corona, put it in perspective he was top 20 at boston marathon and has a marathon time of 2:18 so he has a fairly good set of lungs and he is looking buggered.

Midmar was a right of passage in those days . 2 weeks in the caravan with the ballies , Windsurfers , Paper Tiger and eventually a ski boat.

Was a big deal to sail right across the dam from Morgenzon over to the yacht club , get slap chips from the restaurant there and sail back. If you missed the boat it was a long run around.

Remember so well the last few screaming reaches on my Flite slalom board as the wind howls just before the afternoon storm , and scrambling to get off the water as it hits.

Good times

YES. We used to stay in those horrible little assbestos chalets at times, but mostly camped at the site around the corner from Morgenzon, in the spot between the ski boat section and Morgs. Later we moved to Morgs, cos it offered a far better spot to beach the boats at the far end, in the little bay (various boats, Optimists, gypsey, laser, halcat, sunfish, dabchick, mirror, hobie) and the shop on the faaaaaar side of Morgs. 

Our initial day-visit spot was in the corner, under the "nicer chalets", with the little jetty and where the pont used to be. Fishermen hated us 'cos we'd scream down the slipway all the way from the top on our bicycles, smashing into the water...

Later we moved to oppposite Morgenzon for day trips. 

Remember when the drought was on , the the water level dropped so low that you had to walk like 100m through the mud to get to the water . Reckon feet still stained from that mud 35 years later

HAHAHAHA! Dude, I went OTB down the cliff that was formed next to the road when the level went down. 3m drop,bollamakiesies resulting in a broken collarbone. This was on the way back to Morgenzon from the outside shop, just around the corner from the "music" section and boat hire place. 

Many, many memories of probably the cheapest holiday possible at the time. Boats were always second hand and in great need of repair before we could sail them, but we did it with epoxy and fibreglass. 

You must let me know when we can trade money for hell yeah,...... lol

Stalker  :devil: