Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

Do Joburgers think we can get a petition to close off the M1 on weekends between 6 and 9? I'm trying to find  a nice stretch of trafficlightless road for my tri bike  :ph34r:

(comic sans barely intentional)

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have some sympathy... Sea Point high density area squashed between the mountain & sea so options in that 5km range are limited. That said there are probably more options than just the promenade...

Lol apparently not [emoji1787]

People argue about lockdown and we shouldn't be restricted and people will use common sense..but some of the actions today is a clear indication that some people just can't..the 6-9 am bit is also not making things easier... I am sure it will get less busy over the next few days..[emoji1696]

Edited by Gen

3-hour window could increase the spread of Covid-19. If this continues, we’ll be back to level 5 [emoji87]

The 6-9 bit was just a stupid idea..just let the people go walkies until 6pm there will definitely be less congestion.

I am surprised how cold it is there in Mielieland, Vetseun

Had a few online meetings in Gauteng as well and they all wearing winter clothing

Yep we are in that stage where mornings and evenings are chilly..nice in the sun but cold indoors.

Another interesting conversation cropped up on the neighbourhood WhatsApp group this morning: nowhere does it explicitly say that dogs can be walked. Its implied by the graphic below, but there is a message floating around quoting Government Gazette no. 43258 blah blah and then:

'In short, the original regulation regarding movement of animals remain the same. Only for emergency purposes, example veterinarian emergencies, transporting livestock for food supply etc. is allowed. People are to exercise, not animals. Animals are not explicitly included, therefore excluded as per the original regulation. Animals remain a high risk regarding transmission of the Covid 19 virus, and various other diseases. If any person can point out the explicit inclusion of dog or animal walking into the new regulations, then we will consider it, but until such time, the original movement of animals for emergencies only apply.'

I call bollocks - too late for that!

113e2b8e813b469e98271f816b3aceb8.jpg

SMH. I have no words.

Lol apparently not [emoji1787]

People argue about lockdown and we shouldn't be restricted and people will use common sense..but some of the actions today is a clear indication that some people just can't..the 6-9 am bit is also not making things easier... I am sure it will get less busy over the next few days..[emoji1696]

I flippin hope so. It's for this very reason that I didn't flippin ride this morning.

Did not sleep well, so skipped the ride.

But decided to get the entire family dressed and we took a walk around the neighbourhood. Kids and wife have not left the house in about 6 weeks.

I’ve transferred my peddles and cadence sensor onto the Giant and will hit the road tomorrow morning.

Don't put your trainers away yet.

Would it be possible to (officially) close off a parallel road or two to lessen this?

Obviously a ton of people live around this stretch, are there even enough side streets (that aren't 45 degree ascent)?

Don't put your trainers away yet.

considering this graphic....if I went out this morning and saw that herd on the promenade...i would have taken a walk in the other direction instead haha

post-64325-0-82989700-1588331064_thumb.png