Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 6-9 bit was just a stupid idea..just let the people go walkies until 6pm there will definitely be less congestion.

And open the parks. We need more space to accomodate everyone wanting to get some fresh air. Compliance will also be better if people feel that their needs are being met rather than being herded like cattle

That guy can't even wear a mask properly and he yet he thinks he can make informed decisions about what he sees on the roads. Bheki Cele is a pathetic individual devoid of any real policing prowess. The guy behind him had his mask on his chin and he's just standing there. Maybe it will be safer for them if the joggers and "cycling clubs" are not on the roads. What a clown!

That guy can't even wear a mask properly and he yet he thinks he can make informed decisions about what he sees on the roads. Bheki Cele is a pathetic individual devoid of any real policing prowess. The guy behind him had his mask on his chin and he's just standing there. Maybe it will be safer for them if the joggers and "cycling clubs" are not on the roads. What a clown!

...welcome

Really don't see why we're not allowed to surf during the 3hrs of exercise. Beachfront this morning was packed, and lots of people walking along the beach (I don't see the problem), yet surfing is not allowed because the "beach is closed". If you're within your 5km, what difference does it make whether I'm walking around the block or swimming in the sea. Thousands of surfers signed a petition that was denied.

"But surely if the surfers can surf, we can also make use of the beach? If I'm within 5km, what difference does it make whether I walk on the pavement or walk on the beach?" - Karen from Facebook.

Excellent social distancing there by the police!

And the interviewer!

Exactly....but practice what you preach has never been a government requirement.

Cele just boils my blood I cannot listen to him. He always seems like he is shouting or talking down to you ,as if talking to a child.

Rant over .

Edited by Pikey

So Cradle Moon decided to be open for business [emoji2955]

There's just smallholdings around there.......

There's just smallholdings around there.......

Did you see we get a 5km radius from Tuesday?  :clap:

Was an absolute **** show out yesterday - understandably so. That said I still think they should allow exercise between 6am and 6pm. That way you wont have the masses trying to squeeze everything in within a 3 hour window considering we are going into winter and it only gets light after 6.30 or later in CT. This means that the exercise window is realistically only about 2 hours. 

Whew. I aint no morning dude but was up 530am and on the road 630am. Had my rear lite flashing but didn't need the front not to lite the road anyway as was enough sunlite was quite surprised. At least one +ve from lockdown, I got riding early and enjoyed it - lotsa riders out and was a friendly vibe (in Jhb). Nothing like overtaking a roadie on the road, on a mtb with knobblies, haha. 

Seems we had a different experience in Bellville ....

I set the alarm, and was READY by 5:55 .... then I had to run around to get the extra remote that I use when I cycle. So it was 6:00 when I started my ride.

Properly DARK. My bike looked like a christmas tree with two wheels. Few blocks and encountered a couple walking their dogs. Mostly the road was deserted and quiet so early in the morning. A few kilometers further three cyclists joined from the side, I hang back and gave them space ... knowing the road bikes will outpace me on the next downhill section. These roadies kept some distance between themselves.

I did a nice circular route inside my 5km radius. There were a number of people commuting and walking to work. By the time I finished lap one the day started breaking, and people started going outside .... mostly people walking, and only a few bikes. By the time I started lap 2, it suddenly got busy outside.

There was such a NICE vibe out there !!! I have never seen so many bikers greeting each other. :thumbup: :clap: Even the walkers and joggers were greeting the bikers. All round just lekka !

Sadly very few people had masks or buffs .... the four bikers at Engen must have been a family, surely they would not abuse this opportunity to have a social meeting with others ....

Our neighbour walked their dog before 9 .... by then it was BUSY outside ... and even less masks ....

O-well, I had a LEKKA ride :thumbup: Finally got to use the Survivor SA buff that I got as a gift many many years ago ...

Freedom ride-2.jpg

Freedom ride-3.jpg

https://youtu.be/c-W_1p_cjOc

Lekker Chris. How was your maiden voyage on that beauty? My mate in Canada ordered a Trance E yesterday.

Much less people out today. Still a lekker vibe between everyone. Still okes having social garage coffee. Still some bunches. Still enjoyed myself.

Seems many people scared of the dark so between 6h00 and 7h00 it gives me a nice window where the roads are really quiet.

My only real gripe is why so many cyclists can only ride their bikes if it is in large groups - seriously people, it only takes one over-zealous cop who doesn't want to look the other way... (and if you are all wearing matching club kit it's going to be hard to convince him it's a coincidence you are all together in the same spot)