Share your pain: Let's try hurt each other

Mamil

That's pretty awesome, thanks!

TB is closer to 2400m of elevation though isn't it? Guess riding to power it won't matter. I'd like to do this as a prep closer to the time (if TB ends up happening that is).

Jip not sure how they got to that elevation from my activity. I ended up doing 160km and 2600m on Zwift in 6h12min. Think I could've ended on 230km and over 3000m if I did the full workout.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jip not sure how they got to that elevation from my activity. I ended up doing 160km and 2600m on Zwift in 6h12min. Think I could've ended on 230km and over 3000m if I did the full workout.

I Think the elevation in the activity comes from the route you are riding so it's not going to match up with your Trans Baviaans activity. 

I Think the elevation in the activity comes from the route you are riding so it's not going to match up with your Trans Baviaans activity.

That 1872m they say at course detail is what they got from my gpx file from last year's TB(my Strava activity shows something like 2900m, so no idea how they determined it). That's not the elevation from my Zwift activity, that comes from the route yes. The route I did this on was Uber Pretzel until 130km, and then extended to 160km and 2600m elevation. If that makes sense?

Did this custom workout two weeks ago on Zwift. Skipped the last 16 stars, felt I was done after 06h12min, Uber Pretzel and 160km..

attachicon.gifTB Workout.jpg

If you on Rouvy you can import the gpx and ride the virtual Baviaans route...

That looks absolutely terrible. Nice one!

I'm going to put that into zwift and try it .... next week.

This isnt a custom workout but one the Sufferfest workouts called The Shovel (Picture from DC Rainmaker)

I did it earlier this week..I was broken!

Screenshot-2017-10-18-10.15.00_preview.p

Why? The lockdown only started in April. Have you been injured?

Yep, followed by an infection which also kept me off my bike. Of course I was in generally good condition at about the time lockdown started.  :whistling:

That's life. But end of next week looks ...  :clap:

You win!

I bough a new (secondhand) mountain bike 3 weeks before lock down. Have only ridin it once in the mountains.

Bought my Giant 17 February .... not a single ride before the lock down ....

I do some IDT sessions ... but that Blue Beast needs to get ourside ....

Some good suggestions for physical pain, but what about mental pain and physical pain...?

Quite simple old school....

10 min WU at any effort < FTP

60 min at FTP or the hardest effort you can maintain constantly for 60 min

5 min CD

At the end you will know both mental and physical pain PLUS your real FTP

As long as you know someone in the medical field to to the patch up

Is V12Man not a doctor?

Lockdown is bad, even doctors are looking for business in strange ways (comic sans script)

I'm a man of simple tastes when it comes to pain:

Start with 10 minutes warm up, easy spin, slowly build up just enough to break a sweat

Then 5 x 1 minute maximum effort intervals with 1 minute easy spinning in between - the pain

Then 10 minutes easy cool down 

Finish with stretching bottom to top, calves, quads, hamstrings back, shoulders, neck 

This isnt a custom workout but one the Sufferfest workouts called The Shovel (Picture from DC Rainmaker)

I did it earlier this week..I was broken!

Screenshot-2017-10-18-10.15.00_preview.p

That'll warm me up

Bliksem!

Last weekend I did this guy. I Honestly think it's impossible to finish it without a coronary episode. I had to pause the workout multiple times to get control of my HR.

Cape Epic Workout #14.

post-83454-0-33109100-1588232381_thumb.png

I'll give this one a go!

Last weekend I did this guy. I Honestly think it's impossible to finish it without a coronary episode. I had to pause the workout multiple times to get control of my HR.

Cape Epic Workout #14.

Epic_14.png