R9,500 for a saddle!

wolf1969

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet we will be seeing a couple of these saddles on S-works bikes at Sani and W2W.

The riders will be looking like they walked into the concept store saying: "I have no clue, but here is my credit card, swipe it and give me everything that I need for this mountain biking thing."

Edited by PhilipV

You sound like you've never had a proper bike setup.

Huh?

How does me saying 'saddles are important contact points often overlooked by people' sound like I've never had a proper bike setup?

Your whole attitude seems pretty weird and confrontational. I don't get it

Edited by Jewbacca

Huh?

How does me saying 'saddles are important contact points often overlooked by people' sound like I've never had a proper bike setup?

Your whole attitude seems pretty weird and confrontational. I don't get it

im still trying to figure out how A bike setup makes the WRONG saddle right for someone 

Well, we’ve been had for many years … with just a quick Gumtree search to compare the prices of motorcycles with MTB’s

(https://www.gumtree.co.za/s-motorcycles-scooters/page-3/v1c9027p3?pr=,60000&ed=501,)

The one has an engine, gearbox, and 100’s of precision parts, the other a derailleur that breaks if you lay the MTB down on the wrong side …… but you can nearly pick up a used 600cc for the price of a 2nd hand Pyga?

It hasn’t made sense for a while …. somewhere someone is making a fortune?

Well, we’ve been had for many years … with just a quick Gumtree search to compare the prices of motorcycles with MTB’s

(https://www.gumtree.co.za/s-motorcycles-scooters/page-3/v1c9027p3?pr=,60000&ed=501,)

The one has an engine, gearbox, and 100’s of precision parts, the other a derailleur that breaks if you lay the MTB down on the wrong side …… but you can nearly pick up a used 600cc for the price of a 2nd hand Pyga?

It hasn’t made sense for a while …. somewhere someone is making a fortune?

This comparison of a motorbike to a bicycle is old, boring and completely irrelevant.

How many bicycles do Specialized/Giant/Merida/Scott/Cannondale make versus the number of motorbikes made by Honda/Suzuki/Kawasaki/Yamaha (the denominator)? Regardless of the company, they all have massive R&D costs (the numerator). The smaller the denominator, the higher the cost is going to be.

Just because a motorbike has two wheels does not make it comparable to a bicycle. The purpose and intention, the benefits, the enjoyment are completely different.

Is a slice of bread with tomato sauce and a bit of cheese heated in an oven a pizza?

I bet we will be seeing a couple of these saddles on S-works bikes at Sani and W2W.

The riders will be looking like they walked into the concept store saying: "I have no clue, but here is my credit card, swipe it and give me everything that I need for this mountain biking thing."

And the Argus where riders are going to be spending around 5 1/2 hours on their bikes taking on the toughest road ride of all ...........