Lezyne GPS - value for money

Frosty

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have started having some issues - for some reason, the unit disconnects my HRM and PM (out on the road) when I stop. When I get going, it's like it was never paired, and I need to re-pair on the fly, which isn't great since the buttons are rather stiff. 

Anyone else has this?

I have started having some issues - for some reason, the unit disconnects my HRM and PM (out on the road) when I stop. When I get going, it's like it was never paired, and I need to re-pair on the fly, which isn't great since the buttons are rather stiff. 

Anyone else has this?

Hasn't happened to me while riding/stoping. I had some pairing issues with my HRM before, but before rides, not during. 

Anyone else has this?

Happened to me yesterday, after we stopped at Seattle. And the same happens on my 735XT too, so it's not unique to the Lezyne. I noticed it at the driving range, so lost 1Km on power, HR and cadence but was able to pair the device on the fly (which wasn't too difficult to do).

post-1372-0-53696400-1610956407_thumb.png

The problem that I have with my Mega XL, when I plug it into my computer for an update, the computer does read the unit, it charges, but it does not show on the computer.

Any suggestions, I will send a e-mail to Lezyne as well.

The problem that I have with my Mega XL, when I plug it into my computer for an update, the computer does read the unit, it charges, but it does not show on the computer.

Any suggestions, I will send a e-mail to Lezyne as well.

are you using the genuine cable ?

Alot of cables dont have all the pins connected, so they will charge but not communicate.

are you using the genuine cable ?

Alot of cables dont have all the pins connected, so they will charge but not communicate.

I used a cellphone cable, I used the short cable that was supplied with the unit.  But now that you mention the cable, I'll try some more cables.

I've noticed nothing happens unless I charge it with the factory cable. No other cable will do a thing, charging or data transfer. 

I've noticed nothing happens unless I charge it with the factory cable. No other cable will do a thing, charging or data transfer. 

When I was at Volvo we had the issue where phones would not activate Carplay when plugged in with cheaper cables, once the people used genuine cables or good quality cables then it worked.

Saw it again last month with my Garmin Edge, I plugged it in to the laptop using one of the many usb cables I have for charging lights and other devices and it would charge but do nothing else. Tried a few different cables until I found what was probably the genuine cable that came with the Garmin and then it all worked.

The original cable, that comes with my (work) Vodacom mobile router, charges the router, but it doesn't allow me to connect to the laptop to login on the router settngs. As soon as I use the Lezyne cable, it works every time.

Nevermind, my unit is working fine.  I used the wrong cable.

Edit:  I used a Extreme Lights cable that almost exactly looks like the Lezyne cable.

Edited by Super Sywurm

• 11 months later...

Crap after sales service from the retailer and Lezyne themselves. They won’t see me again after this unit stops working (if ever).

The wings on the back of the mount of my unit broke off, three of them. I sent pictures, and also asked if it’s serviceable. The standard response was, “please contact the retailer you bought it from”.

I went one better… fitted an aluminum Garmin mount on to the back of the unit. Problem solved, but does require me using my old stem mounts and o-rings.

E86B2337-494E-4C79-8E73-140521D1DF61.jpeg

804495ED-63D1-4505-9C23-3ED97C9588FB.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Crap after sales service from the retailer and Lezyne themselves. They won’t see me again after this unit stops working (if ever).

The wings on the back of the mount of my unit broke off, three of them. I sent pictures, and also asked if it’s serviceable. The standard response was, “please contact the retailer you bought it from”.

I went one better… fitted an aluminum Garmin mount on to the back of the unit. Problem solved, but does require me using my old stem mounts and o-rings.

E86B2337-494E-4C79-8E73-140521D1DF61.jpeg

804495ED-63D1-4505-9C23-3ED97C9588FB.jpeg

Pity.

Yours WERE one of best threads for promoting these products.

25 minutes ago, TDFN said:

Try be more gentle with your toys. That thing look quite battered.

The scrape marks is from me sanding the old mount down to prep the unit before glueing. 18 months of in/out the mounts is mostly like the cause of the broken tabs.