Lezyne GPS - value for money

Frosty

also latley saw the elevation is a bit off :) but only when it uploads to strava and not in Lezyne root.

so think it might be there.

But hapy with my Lezyne and have been for many KM.

I have the Xl

Afaik Strava calculates elevation based on map data, so that might be the discrepancy.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last weekend’s ride, showing the elevation in the GPS Ally V2 app, Strava and Garmin Connect, all recorded on the same device and imported to all apps. Shouldn’t be paying too much effort to the differences.

Lezyne: 1719m

Strava: 1794m

Garmin: 1747m

5ae38d769c5a10e7a8a016219679f4f9.jpg0b1f65c1b647811f9cbb44a410ce9568.jpgc8f7b3a2f82c26b0aab644a4317700cf.jpg

When Maritz and I do the exact same route, with a Garmin 130 and a 520 we always get different elevations .... and Strava then continue to give two more different readings ....

The 130 consistently gives a higher value, Strava downs it a bit. The 520 gives a low reading, which Strava raises slightly ... but still less than the other Strava value ...

Edited by ChrisF

When Maritz and I do the exact same route, with a Garmin 130 and a 520 we always get different elevations .... and Strava then continue to give two more different readings ....

The 130 consistently gives a higher value, Strava downs it a bit. The 520 gives a low reading, which Strava raises slightly ... but still less than the other Strava value ...

My Lezyne and my friends Garmin had just less than 400m difference.

The 130 uses GPS based altitude whereas the 520 uses barometric pressure altitude as far as I know. They should be reasonably close but it's very likely that they will be different.

The accuracy of the GPS based altitude will depend on the precision of the survey data in the area that you are riding (i.e. how small are the survey "blocks", usually smaller in cities and towns and larger out in the countryside). Also riding over bridges that are very elevated above the terrain can also screw with the readings.

Similarly the barometric based altitude will be susceptible to rapid changes in weather screwing with the altitude estimate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all

Does anyone know if sram axs can connect to the mega c to show what gear youre in atm and also to show how many shifts you had at the end of the ride?

Hi all

Does anyone know if sram axs can connect to the mega c to show what gear youre in atm and also to show how many shifts you had at the end of the ride?

Got a feeling it's Shimano only. 

• 1 month later...

Hi All

Im about to purchase a mega C unit.

Just want to ask the guys that own one if they are still happy with it?

How is the gps accuracy recording rides and elevation?

I have a Mega XL and am very happy with it. It does what is says it should do (without three restarts and constant firmware upgrades ... cough, cough Garmin). 

Hi All

Im about to purchase a mega C unit.

Just want to ask the guys that own one if they are still happy with it?

How is the gps accuracy recording rides and elevation?

Mega XL is a great product!!!