Lezyne GPS - value for money

Frosty

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you are on a dumb trainer with power meter, but do you know if the Lezyne when the workout is loaded, does it control a smart trainer as a garmin does?

A good mate purchased a Kickr Core, and he has generously allowed me to test if the Mega C can control the Kickr. Will give feedback in the next few days.

I know you are on a dumb trainer with power meter, but do you know if the Lezyne when the workout is loaded, does it control a smart trainer as a garmin does?

A good mate purchased a Kickr Core, and he has generously allowed me to test if the Mega C can control the Kickr. Will give feedback in the next few days.

The unit pairs to both FE-C and the Kickr’s power meter under sensor pairing, but is doesn’t control the power from a workout created in TP.

Not sure I’m doing anything wrong, as it’s quite a simple process, but the resistance remained the same for the entire workout.

3c74afd4b4f6286969f7a3a3eefa2287.jpg

b6834fcdccf9c8a50dc43fbc27815ceb.jpg

Looks like it pairs and will record the power from the kickr but not control it.

Recording is like a normal ride. As long as it records it’s fine. Maybe one day there will be a firmware update that allows the control. Edited by Frosty

Recording is like a normal ride. As long as it puts it’s fine. Maybe one day there will be a firmware update that allows the control.

This would be great. Perhaps an email to Lezyne CC to see whether it's on the cards. 

damn frosty I hope TWT makes you a brand ambassador for the GPS  computers. Great job man. You're selling it ! :clap:

damn frosty I hope TWT makes you a brand ambassador for the GPS computers. Great job man. You're selling it ! :clap:

• Just doing what I enjoy [emoji16]
  • Paying it forward
  • Living up to the Bikehub membership group. The one listed under one's avatar.
Edited by Frosty

This would be great. Perhaps an email to Lezyne CC to see whether it's on the cards. 

If more people do this, we gain traction, and hopefully see an update (or a response if it's on their radar).

• 2 weeks later...

I think the way my Lezyne Mega XL calculates the elevation is way off:

The ride with the Mega XL:

• 190W
    Estimated Avg Power
  •  
  • 2,563kJ
    Energy Output
Show More
  Avg Max Speed 23.4km/h 39.6km/h Elapsed Time 4:07:42

The ride with a Garmin Edge 200:

• 87.93km
    Distance
  •  
  • 3:45:55
     Moving Time
  •  
  • 376m
    Elevation
  Avg Max Speed 23.4km/h 46.1km/h Elapsed Time 4:09:39

The route I created with Komoot Tours has a climb of 280m.  The time and distace of the three is quite close.

I think the way my Lezyne Mega XL calculates the elevation is way off:

The ride with the Mega XL:

• 87.48km

Distance (?)

• 3:44:35

Moving Time

• 704m

Elevation (?)

• 190W

Estimated Avg Power

• 2,563kJ

Energy Output

Show More Avg Max Speed 23.4km/h 39.6km/h Elapsed Time 4:07:42

The ride with a Garmin Edge 200:

• 87.93km

Distance

• 3:45:55

Moving Time

• 376m

Elevation

Avg Max Speed 23.4km/h 46.1km/h Elapsed Time 4:09:39

The route I created with Komoot Tours has a climb of 280m. The time and distace of the three is quite close.

Do you upload your rides to the Lezyne Root site?

They have an elevation correction feature similar to Garmin Connect. Also, make sure you give the unit time to calibrate the barometer before you start riding.

Do you upload your rides to the Lezyne Root site?

They have an elevation correction feature similar to Garmin Connect. Also, make sure you give the unit time to calibrate the barometer before you start riding.

I upload directly from my GPS via Bluetooth to my phone and Strava.

I upload directly from my GPS via Bluetooth to my phone and Strava.

Using the GPS Ally 2 app?

• 3 weeks later...

also latley saw the elevation is a bit off :) but only when it uploads to strava and not in Lezyne root.

so think it might be there.

But hapy with my Lezyne and have been for many KM.

I have the Xl