Critérium du Dauphiné 2020

Vetplant

Jumbo Visma had control of that finish from a long way out, WvA was very well positioned to pounce, part of the craft one could argue.

Impey had to do allot of work and 2nd place is a very worthy result, but unfortunately the headlines only mention the winner.

Green for today should still feel nice, maybe he can go points hunting and earn it outright.

Impey did flippen well to come second considering he was isolated and out of position, and WvA had the perfect lead out from the front. Maybe Impey will have more luck next year though with Froome doing domestique duties for him at ISN....  :ph34r:

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

considering your favourite, you didn't miss anything yesterday [emoji317]

Lol ja I heard.. I was being a very good wife did a 5 hr afternoon round trip to get my husband's new bike frame and fork to a bike mechanic to sort thing out so that it can make its way to hubby in Tanzania because I wanted to make sure it gets to the mechanic safely.. Edited by Gen

Don't write CF so soon. Remember what he did 2 years ago in the Giro........

If he does not show some decent form during the next few days I cannot see him even going to the Tour. Team Ineos cannot afford any passengers specially now that Jumbo Visma is so strong. I know some commentators are saying he is holding back and sat up deliberately yesterday but I have my doubts. 

Don't write CF so soon. Remember what he did 2 years ago in the Giro........

Asthma fuelled attack time?

If he does not show some decent form during the next few days I cannot see him even going to the Tour. Team Ineos cannot afford any passengers specially now that Jumbo Visma is so strong. I know some commentators are saying he is holding back and sat up deliberately yesterday but I have my doubts. 

Was weird that when they showed Jonathan CASTROVIEJO back with Froomey, checking if he was alright. Holding back some matches for some serious work in the couple of days ahead by the two of them maybe?

Yissie. I was going to say the exact opposite. I would pull out all of the big guns for the tour and let's see what happens out on the road.

I wouldn't leave my most pedigreed rider at home for what might well be the only GT that actually takes place his year.

Yissie. I was going to say the exact opposite. I would pull out all of the big guns for the tour and let's see what happens out on the road.

I wouldn't leave my most pedigreed rider at home for what might well be the only GT that actually takes place his year.

At the risk of weaking the team..no place for sentiment when everything is at stake.

Lol ja I heard.. I was being a very good wife did a 5 hr afternoon round trip to get my husband's new bike frame and fork to a bike mechanic to sort thing out so that it can make its way to hubby in Tanzania because I wanted to make sure it gets to the mechanic safely..

only way I get my wife to do anything bike related is because the dodgy ciggie dealer is close to LBS

Surely we won't be treated to some crosswind chaos today.... or will we...?

"The Sun is shining on the race, with temperatures up to 32ºC. The wind is blowing from the side and it seems like the peloton is wary of echelons."

Alaphillipe looking at whether he might be in form to consider GC aspirations...

After coming so close at TDF 2019, you can't blame the guy for keeping the option open.

Julian Alaphilippe (Deceuninck-Quick Step) hopes for better sensations on Stage 2 after finishing 13th yesterday: “I dint’t feel great yesterday. It was like that for the whole stage so I did what I could and I hope I’ll feel better in the next days and already today. It’s a hard stage, especially in the finale. It’s an important week ahead of the Tour. The rest of the week depends on today. If I feel good, I’ll give it all until the finish. And if it’s like yesterday, it would make more sense to take it easy and go after stage wins in the coming days.”

What happened to Maincheese? Is he sick? Did he crash? He is already two weeks behind.

What is his race program? Tour or Giro? I can't figure why he road a Giro warm up and now a Tour warm up. It looks like his program, along with his preparation, is all over the place.

Rewatched that finish and WVA is a machine but Darryl got himself a bit boxed in and came from a long way back

I won’t call WVA lucky.....

Daryl had to go the long way around the final bend. That could have been the difference, unless WvA still had a few extra meters in reserve.

2 weeks away..... Can WvA hold his form or has he peaked 3 weeks too early?

I still think that the Tour is a complete lottery. There just hasn't been enough racing for any of the GC guys to ride themselves into race form.

So this week will be really interesting for the Super Dom selection. I think if there was ever a year to go in with 2 leaders it is now, as you just can't be sure if the horse you back is going to go POP

WvA is domestique only at the Tour he won’t be GC. Flat and rolling stages and 1st or 2nd man in mtn train.

What is amazing about that is he wins CX, classics, stages, TT and maybe shorter stage races and then heads off as domestique to a Tour. That’s impressive and he’ll of a versatile rider and team player.

This looks like a likely scenario.

Pog and Rog show

the NTT crystal ball was nowhere yesterday although this one looks better

At the rate current racing is going I'm just going to say WVA every day

But today, I'd like to see and outsider favourite, Tommy D, Porte or Froome