Bike Addict

DR ◣◢

How was your experience?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Did Bike Addict provide you with good service?

• Yes
    • No
    • What service?

I just ordered some tyres now from Bikeaddict. Tyres weren’t in stock so needed to be ordered. Took them 3 days to order and now the goods are on their way to me. 

So far no complaints from my side. Also ordered before from them with no real issues. 

The only annoying part really is the quote first option. Other than that, I’ve had good service from them.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still waiting for my order to arrive...

DCB Logistics is now 2 days late on my delivery. It was meant to be delivered on Monday, it's now the end of Wednesday. No matter how many times I phone them and tell them to phone me back with an update or waiting on the driver they never do.

I started my order process on the 16th of January...

Sorry but literally nothing in this process has made me want to order from them again. Which has been shared with my cycling group so there's more sales they are missing out on.

Once Wayne took over my order things went smoothly and I commend him for his service but it seems like he's running things by himself or I am just the anomaly?

2 weeks to recieve a pair of pants and a Jersey?

No thanks..

UPDATE

My parcel finally arrived.

I spoke with the driver and he said that he is actually a truck driver but is standing in for the normal drivers route. He has 80 packages to deliver per day and he's already behind because he doesn't know the route.

Dispatch never told me this or said there might be delays. Just kept passing the buck.

Anyway I finally have my order..

Edited by Graham S
Updates

I eventually received goods ,but it took way more calls , emails and persuasive harsh words than it should have been . It,s not only Bike addict thou . It is rare to find good service in RSA currently .Vote with where you spend your money 

Purchasing bike gear in the past was all about the relationship you had with your LBS, these days that loyalty is gone. It’s about the best possible price and quick delivery. What happened to going in, having a chat, picking up some new entries for events and just hanging out, while bicycles are spinning in the background emitting from the workshop… all these experiences was part and parcel of this sport. Now your whole purchasing experience is down to a mouse click. How sad, no wonder the bike industry is shirking, has anyone seen how many works at Wahoo and others brands are downscaling operations? Even Specialized bombed there Ambassador program just like that! One brand is stuck with so much stock they they running a buy one get one free scheme! Yeah.. tough times ahead if you selling bike gear for sure. So stores had better start up fixing services or soon they’ll be stuck with a permanent cart that’s (     ).

10 hours ago, betaboy said:

Purchasing bike gear in the past was all about the relationship you had with your LBS, these days that loyalty is gone. It’s about the best possible price and quick delivery. What happened to going in, having a chat, picking up some new entries for events and just hanging out, while bicycles are spinning in the background emitting from the workshop… all these experiences was part and parcel of this sport. Now your whole purchasing experience is down to a mouse click. How sad, no wonder the bike industry is shirking, has anyone seen how many works at Wahoo and others brands are downscaling operations? Even Specialized bombed there Ambassador program just like that! One brand is stuck with so much stock they they running a buy one get one free scheme! Yeah.. tough times ahead if you selling bike gear for sure. So stores had better start up fixing services or soon they’ll be stuck with a permanent cart that’s (     ).

Busy lives = the need for fast and efficient order process and delivery 

The economy is screwed = the need for the lowest price

• 3 weeks later...

So, after my rant and disappointment in Bike Addict, I have to cone and say, I have placed another 2 orders with Bike Addict, both have been with Wayne, and his service has been excellent, granted the delivery time has not been the greatest, but I can live with that for the pricing they give, Wayne has been quick to reply to mails and keeps a person in the loop on what is happening. I will only deal directly with Wayne from now on when I need parts...

• 2 weeks later...

Just a kudos to Bike-Addict. Placed my order on Thursday, and received my goods yesterday (Monday) morning in Pretoria. Luckily they had it in store.

I dealt with Ivan, and all went smoothly. Really happy.

Edited by Cabous9

• 5 weeks later...
On 2/1/2023 at 4:45 PM, Bub Marley said:

The only annoying part really is the quote first option.

Yeah ... was interested in something listed on site only to be quoted double the listed price.! 👎☹️

• 2 weeks later...

I read a lot of negative comments on this thread about Bike Addict.  I am here to say now that I am very pleased with the service I received from them this week.  Kylen helped me and he went above and beyond.  I first enquired about a product late Tuesday afternoon, placed the order on Wednesday and received it at my door this Morning (Friday).

Hoping a Hubber can assist ....

Have any of you cycled to Bike Addict?  Were you able to park your bike inside while doing your shopping ?

I know some of the local big brand stores have racks outside the shop .....

36 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Have any of you cycled to Bike Addict?  Were you able to park your bike inside while doing your shopping ?

I might be cycling there on Saturday Chris, then I will report back 🙂

13 minutes ago, gemmerbal said:

I might be cycling there on Saturday Chris, then I will report back 🙂

Heres hoping we get positive feedback before we cycle there .... 👍

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

Easy solution.

Phone them and ask. Nothing better than from the horses mouth......

And report back here, I also want to know. LOL.......

Edited by Wannabe

2 hours ago, ChrisF said:

I have. You leave your bike in the collection place in the side of their shop. They have bike stands so they will give you one. The lady who dispatches their stock works there. Very friendly lady. Safe and secure.

I recently took a photo of my Merida gravel bike on a bikepacking trip, and as I turned around to adjust the tripod, the wind blew the bike over and the derailleur hanger bent. I managed to straighten it enough to ride and contacted the Merida agents right away when arriving home. They gave me the retail price for the hanger and the local dealer to contact. I phoned the shop in PE, told them what I needed and what price the agents gave me. A little argument ensued about the price and I was told that they would come back to me, but never heard from them again. I realized that the effort outweighed the profit for them, but was frustrated that they showed little interest to help me.

I contacted Bike-Addict a week or so later and had a price within the hour, and the same week 2 new hangers arrived. Tops!

I bought a Garmin from Bike-Addict and wanted to return it for an issue after about a month of use. It was just before 36ONE and I was worried that the replacement would not arrive in time. I communicated the urgency to Bike-Addict and they arranged for the replacement to be sent directly from Garmin, and I received it in time for my race. Stressful situation to peace of mind.

Edited by Brighter-Lights