MarcHD

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out.

I assume you mean this Diverge? 

https://www.specialized.com/za/en/diverge-expert-carbon/p/175284?color=290942-175284

Compared directly to the G 1800 wheels these wheels are very similar, with the most note worthy differences being the use of much higher quality spokes on the G 1800 as well as it's use of a welded rim as opposed to sleeve joined rim.

Both use a pawl hub design.

As far as strength is concerned there is nothing to fear with a 24H rim. 

It is actually a common misconception in the cycling industry that fewer spokes means a weaker wheelset. What it actually just means is a less stiff  wheelset - usually a good thing for gravel as it's more comfortable.

Correct rim choice and spoke tension are what determine a strong wheelset, and the perpetuation of the myth that fewer spokes means a weaker wheelset is likely due to wheel builders in the past not tensioning the spokes correctly, resulting in a much more flexy wheel which will eventually collapse under the lack of support (or nipples pull through the holes) 

The G 1800 wheelset, our GR 531 rims and the G 540 rims on your current wheels all have a max system weight limit of 130kg so you should be fine here unless you run a lot of panniers.

Note, however that all three of these products have an ASTM classification 2 which means using them for anything other than gravel riding may cause failure.

We will be building up more sets of our in house gravel wheels very soon and will list these on our B2C in the next few days here is the B2B link so long for further reading:

https://getstoked.store/product/dt-swiss-gravel-wheels/

Hope this helps!

Don't hesitate to get in touch should you have further questions 

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Chadvdw67 said:

Hey @MarcHD any idea when your next shipment of 29" XM481 and EX511 are going to come in?

Hi Chad,

All our rims are due end of May after much frustration in getting the ship here on time. 

Let us know which rim(s) you're needing specifically and we can have them back ordered with your preferred LBS or I can notify you once they are available on our site again for direct delivery

Cheers

Love this thread - DT SWISS importer really stepping up to service their end user market - Well done Other big brands should take note 

14 minutes ago, madmarc said:

Love this thread - DT SWISS importer really stepping up to service their end user market - Well done Other big brands should take note 

Kind words Marc, thank you!

44 minutes ago, madmarc said:

Top Notch!
I got a long and very detailed phone call in response a query earlier this week, with a follow-up email.
😎

• 5 weeks later...

Hey @MarcHD. We have a 2014 Scott Scale with a DT SWISS RWS 12 x 142 Axle.  

We need a replacement axle, preferably the one with the lever. Is there stock available of this axle?

Thanks.

16 hours ago, JCA12 said:

Hey @MarcHD. We have a 2014 Scott Scale with a DT SWISS RWS 12 x 142 Axle.  

We need a replacement axle, preferably the one with the lever. Is there stock available of this axle?

Thanks.

Hi there,

I'm afraid all but one thru-axle is out of stock currently and our next order point we could secure was next year at the earliest. 

The best I can do for now is to grab your details and stay in touch with you should the parts you require become available sooner for which we can ad hoc order one or more.

Should you wish to have me do this please DM me your details as well as the details of your thru axle (thread pitch etc)

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Marc. 

I have a set of Rovale Traverse Carbon wheels from 2016, 12 x 142 (but currently converted to 12 x 148). Do you know if its possible to fit a Microspline free body to this hub? 

Regards

Christie

20 hours ago, Kuys said:

Hi Marc. 

I have a set of Rovale Traverse Carbon wheels from 2016, 12 x 142 (but currently converted to 12 x 148). Do you know if its possible to fit a Microspline free body to this hub? 

Regards

Christie

Hi Christie,

Yes, our newer microspline freehubs are now compatible with older gen 142 hub shells.

You will require the drive side end cap to complete the conversion as each freehub has it's own standard here.

Let me know if you would like us to reach out to your local bike store for quoting

Best Regards, 

Thanks Marc! Ive decided to stick to my SRAM set-up, but its good to know for future, much appreciated. 

Regards, Christie

2 hours ago, MarcHD said:

Hi Marc, 

I currently have a set of Roval CLX32's which have the 2 ratchets and 2 springs in the rear hub. I love that they are so quiet when freewheeling. 

I just bought a new set of wheels with the new 240 hubs. Can I change any of the ratchets to make this set of wheels quiet? 

Thanks in advance 

4 minutes ago, Andreas_187 said:

Hi Marc, 

I currently have a set of Roval CLX32's which have the 2 ratchets and 2 springs in the rear hub. I love that they are so quiet when freewheeling. 

I just bought a new set of wheels with the new 240 hubs. Can I change any of the ratchets to make this set of wheels quiet? 

Thanks in advance 

grease the ratchets with the DT swiss star ratchet grease. Enjoy the Silence

4 hours ago, Andreas_187 said:

Hi Marc, 

Thanks in advance 

Hi Andreas,

Unfortunately it is not possible to make your 240 hub too much quieter as it uses the newer generation Ratchet EXP internals which are louder in general compared to the Star Ratchet.

Greasing the internals with DT Swiss Special grease more frequently will help to keep it quieter, thankfully something that can be done by hand, but it will never be as quiet as your older, Star Ratchet equipped Roval wheel

Hope this helps somewhat

Edited by MarcHD

• 1 month later...

So, we live in an era where you order online and expect delivery in 2 or 3 (working) days. especially on bulky goods. And that's normal service. Sometimes you get lucky and the stuff is delivered the next day, and that's pretty good.
But seldom, if ever, do you get rims delivered on the same day that you order them! That is next level!

Nice work @MarcHD and team at Get Stoked 😎 👌