Tour de France 2021

gummibear

Seems this year's winner will not be decided by who is first, but who is left.  Savage!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Vetplant said:

Don't think MvdP gets enough credit for the team player he is.

He could just as well have made an argument that he can win more stages by himself. But he is quite happy to pull for the team and that made a world of difference today. Not many times that a Yellow Jersey does that kind of lead out for his Sprinter 

When interviewed Merlier sad the yellow Jersey asked to lead out because he likes doing stuff like this 

8 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Gee popped his shoulder back in and continued today’s stage. Ow! ????

Tufff as nails, 

16 minutes ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

When interviewed Merlier sad the yellow Jersey asked to lead out because he likes doing stuff like this 

????

I think he is good for the sport.

That long range attack last year where he did it because he was cold and bored in the peloton. Mega entertaining.

1 minute ago, Vetplant said:

????

I think he is good for the sport.

That long range attack last year where he did it because he was cold and bored in the peloton. Mega entertaining.

Similar train of thought - I think it was after JA took the win Tommy Voeckler was somewhere in the finish pen. I gasped out loud seeing him again, and my wife asked why he was so special. It was difficult to say, because he was really a nowhere cyclist, but on that one day ... he's the most exciting guy in the whole sport. We do need those entertainers.

6 minutes ago, shaper said:

May be an image of one or more people, road and text

I was surprised Sagan left Caleb lying there. Sprint was done, he had nothing left to do. I'm not sure what he could have done, but clearly the dude was f*ed and needed any kind of help.

59 minutes ago, Chris_ said:

Similar train of thought - I think it was after JA took the win Tommy Voeckler was somewhere in the finish pen. I gasped out loud seeing him again, and my wife asked why he was so special. It was difficult to say, because he was really a nowhere cyclist, but on that one day ... he's the most exciting guy in the whole sport. We do need those entertainers.

Voeckler was definitely not a nowhere cyclist he was quite (very) good. Lacking just this little bit compared to the very best. He was just very good at playing the underdog and faking suffering when the camera was near(an then still be there an hour later when the group was only a quarter its size).

Although I respect his quality as a cyclist I dislike the fake personage.

7 minutes ago, Chris_ said:

I was surprised Sagan left Caleb lying there. Sprint was done, he had nothing left to do. I'm not sure what he could have done, but clearly the dude was f*ed and needed any kind of help.

in a race recently, there was onboard footage of Sagan tapping Ewan while riding in the bunch and pointing to the space ahead for Ewan to move into. It was a helping gesture. I doubt there was anything in Sagan not hanging about. Probably just impulse and instinct kicking in in the moment

5 minutes ago, Andymann said:

And did anyone else notice that MainCheese is quietly sitting in 33rd place?  

If not for the first day time losses will have been up there.

Go Louis!

Looking at all the crashes, and how badly you can get hurt, i am sure mvdp is saying to himself, i will rather stick to xco, cyclecross, heck, even downhill. Maybe these riders need full enduro kit on for the next few days ???? But jokes aside, riding on these narrow rodes, it really is hectic and 99% of the time when you fall its not even your fault.