Tour de France 2021

gummibear

23 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Eish... Cav already being dropped....

He needs to get over the next one before he sits up surely?

Seems the dream might end today.... 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Mountain Bru said:

Seems the dream might end today.... 

No he is back in the peloton

Just now, FootballingCyclist said:

Tony Martin out of the race and off to hospital.

I missed that, what happened to Tony?

In +- 10km the firsts mountain is starting. 

Col de la Liguière 

Slope :6.7 %
Length :9.3 km

1 minute ago, TheoG said:

I missed that, what happened to Tony?

They didn't show the crash, but it looked like he went off the road, fell, and had some cuts on his right leg. After sitting with the medic for a while, he got into the ambulance. 

It was a dead straight piece of road though, so maybe Colbrelli put in another hit?

I wonder if Ineos will try a wild 80km Froomey attack today? It's probably their only chance to win the tour, there's only a 12km flat between the climbs, and apparently it's hot, which might affect Pog.

8 minutes ago, Patchelicious said:

Nic being interviewed and still getting coverage for Team Qhubeka even though he missed time cuts and is out of the tour.

F3FE55DA-1CE5-48EB-B8FD-ABFB65E0D49A.jpeg

unpopular political incorrect opinion

As good as an athlete Nic is and how awesome his life storyis, he didnt exactly feature in this years race.

All this publicity surrounding him not getting in car seems like they treating him like an amateur rider who shouldnt have been there but given the opportunity based on his race/background/life story etc.

Why is the benchmark set so low? South Americans have similar challenges and I am not sure whether their countries celebrate mediocrity?

Yes he had a touch race, crashed etc and all but shouldnt we be holding our athletes to higher standard?

Just tired of western media portraying non whites from Africa as second tier athletes and being held to a lower standard...... 

35 minutes ago, YaseenEnos said:

unpopular political incorrect opinion

As good as an athlete Nic is and how awesome his life storyis, he didnt exactly feature in this years race.

All this publicity surrounding him not getting in car seems like they treating him like an amateur rider who shouldnt have been there but given the opportunity based on his race/background/life story etc.

Why is the benchmark set so low? South Americans have similar challenges and I am not sure whether their countries celebrate mediocrity?

Yes he had a touch race, crashed etc and all but shouldnt we be holding our athletes to higher standard?

Just tired of western media portraying non whites from Africa as second tier athletes and being held to a lower standard...... 

It wasn't western media that made Nic miss the time cut. It wasn't western media that sent Nic to the Tour.

Shouldn't your argument be that western media is giving athletes from Africa more coverage than what their performances warrant because they are from disadvantaged backgrounds?

Note: Cycling needs more transformation, I believe we can all agree this. I think it is great that Nic is raising the profile of cycling in Africa. I also think that Doug is very astute at using this for his team's profile. 

Edited by Patchelicious

Just now, FootballingCyclist said:

Ineos have Thomas on the front pulling the bunch, Clearly he isn't hoping to get close to a top 10 GC then.

No working for Carapaz, trying to put TP under pressure so that Carapaz can hopefully benefit, but I dont see that happening, TP simply to strong.

1 minute ago, TheoG said:

No working for Carapaz, trying to put TP under pressure so that Carapaz can hopefully benefit, but I dont see that happening, TP simply to strong.

Yeah clearly trying to help Carapaz out, But TP is chilling in the bunch right behind the Ineos train in what looks like a Z1 ride for him.