Tour de France 2021

gummibear

1 minute ago, lechatnoir said:

actually, this conversation on finishing or not finishing is irrelevant. The true winner this year will be Lachlan Morton. But we knew this last week already.

Hipster doofuses will never win. Even when they finish first.

Edited by TNT1

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Patchelicious said:

They aren't pretenders, read man read!

You're absolutely correct.

The Pretenders are: 

The original band consisted of founder and main songwriter Chrissie Hynde (lead vocals, rhythm guitar), 

James Honeyman-Scott (lead guitar, backing vocals, keyboards), 

Pete Farndon (bass guitar, backing vocals), and 

Martin Chambers (drums, backing vocals, percussion). 

Hynde has been the only consistent member of the band. See even in the real Pretenders members have dropped out to pursue other interests

14 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

I never knew Bob Dylan took performance enhancing drugs.

What's the link between these names?

yes he did.

Have you heard his voice before drugs???!!!

51 minutes ago, Dirt Tracker said:

Really hope BikeExchange don't ride against Cav today to put out him out and over the time cut. That would be a d*/k move. 

No more of a d*/k move than his team putting on the pace like yesterday to get him to the front, splitting the group, no more of a d*/k move than Cav veering his line to ensure a sprint win?

Speaking of BikeExchange, no amount of clever Back Stage Passes should distract us to forget https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cycling/not-proud-cyclist-matt-white-admits-doping-involvement-20121013-27k7e.html

Edited by Patchelicious

Looking at that profile I'm not so sure 'twice up Mont  Ventoux' means exactly what everyone thinks, i.e twice up the famous side if you will ... it would appear first up the back not so steep side but probably still a killer for normal humans and then up the iconic climb?

8 minutes ago, Patchelicious said:

<snip>

Speaking of BikeExchange, no amount of clever Back Stage Passes should distract us to forget https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cycling/not-proud-cyclist-matt-white-admits-doping-involvement-20121013-27k7e.html

Had a quick peek at his palmares... I think he's got a good case to ask Dr Ferrari for his money back

Edited by lechatnoir

11 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

Looking at that profile I'm not so sure 'twice up Mont  Ventoux' means exactly what everyone thinks, i.e twice up the famous side if you will ... it would appear first up the back not so steep side but probably still a killer for normal humans and then up the iconic climb?

Col De La Liguire side is less steep but long. abut 26km at around 5% average. Then the north side which is a real *****. Around 50km of climbing today. Its going to hurt

What anyone does in this race is irrelevant apart from 1 chap  

only one guy wins, the rest are losers 

anyone can ride a bike for a few weeks doing a few kms and  over some hills with a bit of rain and wind here and there

heres me, I just rode up a steep hill for a coffee, easy peasy and I did it into a 4km headwind 

CB35F776-70BC-4F8E-A9B2-B46DDDD67A67.jpeg

Edited by Wayne pudding Mol
Spelling

4 minutes ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

What anyone does in this race is irrelevant apart from 1 chap  

only one guy wins, the rest are losers 

anyone can ride a bike for a few weeks doing a few kms and  over some hills with a bit of rain and wind here and there

heres me, I just rode up a steep hill for a coffee, easy peasy and I did it into a 4km headwind 

CB35F776-70BC-4F8E-A9B2-B46DDDD67A67.jpeg

That hill is so steep many TdF pretenders would wilt under its severity.

White's Road, Wilderness from the hotel?