Introducing Bike Hub Pay: Buyer & Seller Protection

Bike Hub Features

Bring back the classified comments. Something of what this site was about has been lost. It has bwcome impersonal as far as I concerned. Please consider those of us who have nade use of the Hub for those reasons.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Used Bike hub first time, went smooth as butter, thanks for this system, will gladly pay the small fee for the security. 

Quick time line breakdown, Wednesday 6th Jan posted an Add, got the offer a few minutes later, I accepted, later that day Bike hub confirmed on the deal the funds were secure, I went to an Aramex outlet got a sleeve, knowing that I missed the 3 o clock dead line, I posted it Early morning of the 7th, sent the proof to Bike hub, later that morning, buyer received package the 8th around 10 o clock, he release the funds and got confirmation from bike hub they have made payment to me just after 12, Coming from FNB, I am sure money will reflect tomorrow the 9th.

Thanks again.

Edited by Dexter-morgan

Used Bike hub first time, went smooth as butter, thanks for this system, will gladly pay the small fee for the security. 

Quick time line breakdown, Wednesday 6th Jan posted an Add, got the offer a few minutes later, I accepted, later that day Bike hub confirmed on the deal the funds were secure, I went to an Aramex outlet got a sleeve, knowing that I missed the 3 o clock dead line, I posted it Early morning of the 7th, sent the proof to Bike hub, later that morning, buyer received package the 8th around 10 o clock, he release the funds and got confirmation from bike hub they have made payment to me just after 12, Coming from FNB, I am sure money will reflect tomorrow the 9th.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the feedback Dexter-morgan, and thanks for using Bike Hub Pay  :thumbup: 

Awesome.

Question : what if the buyer damages the item an then disputes the item , how is the seller protected in this regard?

Awesome.

Question : what if the buyer damages the item an then disputes the item , how is the seller protected in this regard?

One cannot protect against lying cheating scum.

But take photos of you boxing the item to back up your sale?

The seller will also be paid already though won't he? As the payment is released upon delivery.

I don't think this is going to be a common theme though.......

Edited by Jewbacca

Awesome.

It's a fair question, and although possible, we expect it won’t be a common issue.

The relatively short window for logging a dispute of this nature should limit the potential for this sort of abuse of the system.

Upon delivery of the item the buyer has 48 hours to log a dispute (e.g. item not as described, damaged, etc.). This time period is to allow them to unbox and inspect the item as if they were purchasing in-person.

Once the 48 hours have passed and no dispute is raised the deal is automatically completed and the seller will be paid out. Once a deal has been completed the buyer cannot raise a dispute.

As you suggest, it is possible that an unscrupulous buyer could damage an item and claim it arrived in that condition. To protect the seller against such issues we suggest thoroughly documenting the condition of the item and packaging with pictures/video. Similarly, if a buyer receives a damaged box we'd suggest documenting the condition before and while unboxing.

Bike Hub will review such claims and attempt to facilitate a resolution between the parties, failing which we may refer unresolvable disputes to the relevant court.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Hubbers,

It's already been just over 2 months since we launched Bike Hub Pay and we're seeing growing activity. We've had a multitude of deals completed across a wide range of items. From kids bikes to high-end TT frames and carbon dual-sussers, group sets, e-bike batteries, Epic entries and more!

Our minimum fee at launch was kept relatively high at R100 to ensure our back office processes and systems were ready. We're ready and pleased to announce a reduced minimum fee. 

Reduced minimum fee
On 4 February 2021 we lowered the minimum fee to just R49, making the service more accessible on lower priced items. 

We're excited to continue building on the offering in 2021 to add further convenience and value. 

If you've done a deal via Bike Hub Pay or have questions/feedback let us know.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a bike for my wife last week (from the other side of the country) and used BikeHub Pay to facilitate the payment.  I did my homework on the seller before doing the deal, so knew who he was, where he worked, where he lived, etc and after communicating with him for a while I would have been happy to pay over the funds via EFT anyway, but it was actually really nice having the security of BikeHub Pay - I didn't need to worry about anything and it felt like I had some control when the bike arrived as well (being able to check out its condition and take it for a quick ride to confirm) before confirming everything and completing the deal.  

And to not pay any fees as a buyer is great!  For me this worked really well and I'll be happy to use the system again.  

I bought a bike for my wife last week (from the other side of the country) and used BikeHub Pay to facilitate the payment.  I did my homework on the seller before doing the deal, so knew who he was, where he worked, where he lived, etc and after communicating with him for a while I would have been happy to pay over the funds via EFT anyway, but it was actually really nice having the security of BikeHub Pay - I didn't need to worry about anything and it felt like I had some control when the bike arrived as well (being able to check out its condition and take it for a quick ride to confirm) before confirming everything and completing the deal.  

And to not pay any fees as a buyer is great!  For me this worked really well and I'll be happy to use the system again.  

Thanks for using Bike Hub Pay and for the feedback.  :thumbup: 

• 2 weeks later...

great job BikeHub team

used bike hub pay for the first time.

offer was made yesterday morning at 08:03 and the payment cleared my account at 14:07 today.

fantastic product and the fee justifies the reduction in risk associated with classified sales.

great job BikeHub team

offer was made yesterday morning at 08:03 and the payment cleared my account at 14:07 today.

fantastic product and the fee justifies the reduction in risk associated with classified sales.

Wat het jy gekoop?

Used Bike Hub Pay for the first time on Friday.

Man, did it work well. Best R49 spend (by the seller).

Bought on Friday, received today, seller paid today. Deal done.

Think this will be the way to go for me going forward.

great job BikeHub team

Thanks for the feedback fanievb. Great to see many seasoned Hubbers using it and glad to hear you see the value in Bike Hub Pay.

Used Bike Hub Pay for the first time on Friday.

Man, did it work well. Best R49 spend (by the seller).

Bought on Friday, received today, seller paid today. Deal done.

Think this will be the way to go for me going forward.

Awesome to hear Koos! Enjoy the new purchase and thanks for sharing your feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

I used Hub Pay for the first time and are in process with 2 other deals also on Hub Pay.

I must say what a pleasure.  It works like a charm, best idea ever.  Well done hub admin.  Here's to many more great ideas like bringing back comments on adds ...  :thumbup:

Jokes aside, thanks for a great system that make it safer for buyer and seller.

Edited by TheoG

I used Hub Pay for the first time and are in process with 2 other deals also on Hub Pay.

I must say what a pleasure.  It works like a charm, best idea ever.  Well done hub admin.  Here's to many more great ideas like bringing back comments on adds ...  :thumbup:

Jokes aside, thanks for a great system that make it safer for buyer and seller.

Thanks for the feedback TheoG.

We're excited to see this grow and evolve as we build more convenience into the service (e.g. booking shipping).

There's a long list of ideas, updates and improvements you'll see roll out across the site in 2021  :thumbup: