Motorists vs Cyclists.... again

Terminator

4 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Me.

I was warming up to meet my training group this morning and was inside the yellow shoulder on the way to Cape Town stadium. Then the TV channel switched and I was flung somewhere and, getting up, I couldn’t see the car. The rear view mirror on the scene was off a white Renault Clio.

I am privileged to have an excellent health care network around me and hope to fully recover - very eina right leg, fractured ribs and scrapes and bruises, fortunately my spine and brain intact.

I am a lucky man. Please send healing vibes, Peoples.💛

IMG_5955.jpeg

Oh god @Daleso sorry to hear this. Appalling what's happening.

Every prayer and strong wish for full recovery. So glad all the essential bits are intact.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@'Dale holy smokes dude!

I'm so sorry. That whole area has CCTV, as well as number plate recognition around the park and stadium, so hopefully they get the guy. 

Sending all the healing vibes. Stoked it's not another head injury though.

❤️

44 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Me.

I was warming up to meet my training group this morning and was inside the yellow shoulder on the way to Cape Town stadium. Then the TV channel switched and I was flung somewhere and, getting up, I couldn’t see the car. The rear view mirror and fender guard left behind on the scene was off a Renault Kwid, not many of them around.

I am privileged to have an excellent health care network around me and hope to fully recover - very eina right leg, fractured ribs and scrapes and bruises, fortunately my spine and brain intact.

IMG_5955.jpeg

I'm not one prone to profanity but FFS 😡

Sending the best wishes and will keep you in my prayers

@'Dale Damn, just glad you're ok and recovering. All the best with the healing process 💪

1 hour ago, 'Dale said:

Me.

I was warming up to meet my training group this morning and was inside the yellow shoulder on the way to Cape Town stadium. Then the TV channel switched and I was flung somewhere and, getting up, I couldn’t see the car. The rear view mirror and fender guard left behind on the scene was off a Renault Kwid, not many of them around.

IMG_5955.jpeg

Dammit, man...healing vibes Dale!!!

Strongs Dale. 🙏🏻

I've been driving to Green Point when having to ride solo thinking it was safer. ☹️

1 hour ago, 'Dale said:

Me.

IMG_5955.jpeg

FFS!!! 
Sending healing vibes Dale, this is getting ridiculous now. 

2 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Me.

IMG_5955.jpeg

**** bro this is absolutely criminal what’s happened to you. All the best with your recovery and we all thank our God you are alive and will mend. Stay strong 💪🏼 

Sheesh
WTAF ?
That is a lot of blood !
Where is your saddle ?
So many questions !

Sorry to hear this @'Dale
Sending healing and positive vibes your way.

I hope that some camera caught this incident and justice is served.

2 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Me.

IMG_5955.jpeg

Sorry to read this and wishing you a speedy recovery. 

Came across a guy that got hit from behind riding south on Bram Fisher (Engen route just before the BP) yesterday morning at 6:00am. Driver and car still on the scene. Rider was shaken up but don't think any fractures. Cops arrived and I hope they tested the driver. 

2 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Me.

IMG_5955.jpeg

Hectic man, glad you’re still with us, looks like a bad one 😢😢 Hopefully you get back on quick 🤞💪

2 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Me.

IMG_5955.jpeg

Damnit, so sorry to hear, I hope that you make a full recovery and that the POS responsible is found. Will update the individual who informed me, he was very worried about you. 

Praying for you @'Dale. For healing of the physical, mental and emotional scars. For justice. For renewed joy. We're all grateful you are still with us indeed. That you can still see the people who matter the most in your life.

All things considered, I felt tense riding Victoria drive last week and yesterday I rode down Zevenwacht downhill line and that felt less intimidating than road riding.