Motorists vs Cyclists.... again

Terminator

On 3/6/2024 at 8:52 PM, DieselnDust said:

Ok Saturday morning I’m going to tune those joggers with two feet on the ground that they’re illegal 

Im not sure how this will turn out but I’m going to pick with a “ I want to see the manager “ haircut

You lot know that calling the runners "joggers" will be far more triggering than anything else you are bandying about.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Orthopaedic follow-up scans revealed fragmented bone and strained tendon, likely from being cleated in and flung from the bike with the collision. The unexpected  news from my surgeon dented my morale and, after surfing a wave of panic, I settled down and began to prepare as the operation was scheduled within 24 hours. Prognosis looks good. However, hou ma’ duime as my case discussion meeting with Doc Johan is only tomorrow.👨🏽‍⚕️

Every few days I shed a few bandages and plasters from the abrasions. Even my spare ribs are far less painful when I bounce around on the crutches. Just call me Wolverine. 🐺

Anti-inflammatory foods on my menu include: blueberries, beetroot, ginger, avocados, salmon, walnuts (and koeksisters, rehabilitation for the soul, of course). My daily morning coffee kisses the soul too as the recovery journey is physiological, psychological, spiritual and psychosocial. 🥑🫐

Thank you for all the messages. It has an energy in it that can either build or break. Appreciate the loving kindness in every note, gesture and joke. My online community truly rocks! 🫵🏽

Be safe out there, Peoples! 💟

37559539-6B9B-4B34-A3BC-588BEAD29288.jpeg

tickle here?
image.png.a5f189cecba01b43289175b3a3fd4906.png

13 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Orthopaedic follow-up scans revealed fragmented bone and strained tendon, likely from being cleated in and flung from the bike with the collision. The unexpected  news from my surgeon dented my morale and, after surfing a wave of panic, I settled down and began to prepare as the operation was scheduled within 24 hours. Prognosis looks good. However, hou ma’ duime as my case discussion meeting with Doc Johan is only tomorrow.👨🏽‍⚕️

Every few days I shed a few bandages and plasters from the abrasions. Even my spare ribs are far less painful when I bounce around on the crutches. Just call me Wolverine. 🐺

Anti-inflammatory foods on my menu include: blueberries, beetroot, ginger, avocados, salmon, walnuts (and koeksisters, rehabilitation for the soul, of course). My daily morning coffee kisses the soul too as the recovery journey is physiological, psychological, spiritual and psychosocial. 🥑🫐

Thank you for all the messages. It has an energy in it that can either build or break. Appreciate the loving kindness in every note, gesture and joke. My online community truly rocks! 🫵🏽

Hope you heal up well!

40 minutes ago, Hairy said:

You lot know that calling the runners "joggers" will be far more triggering than anything else you are bandying about.

Is that similar to calling a Harly rider a motorcyclist ?

On 3/3/2024 at 8:25 AM, 'Dale said:

Me.

I was warming up to meet my training group this morning and was inside the yellow shoulder on the way to Cape Town stadium. Then the TV channel switched and I was flung somewhere and, getting up, I couldn’t see the car. The rear view mirror and fender guard left behind on the scene was off a Renault Kwid, not many of them around.

I am privileged to have an excellent health care network around me and hope to fully recover - very eina right leg, fractured ribs and scrapes and bruises, fortunately my spine and brain intact.

I am a lucky man. Please send healing vibes, Peoples.💛

IMG_5955.jpeg

Eina Dale! Sorry to hear, I missed this earlier. You have had some bad luck with crashes the last few years - and some great luck to make it out alive and recover. (Been there, done that.) So, I wish you all the best with the recovery and the rehab, may it be a smoother ride than my Eddy Merxkx on 28mm Gatorskins!

14 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Perfect case study of why one should ride with flats 

All the best for the op @'Dale and the recovery process afterwards 💪

1 hour ago, KB280DT said:

Perfect case study of why one should ride with flats 

All the best for the op @'Dale and the recovery process afterwards 💪

Jeeez man, what a bargain 😳

All of this for only ONE KWID 

Get well soon Dale 🤙

On 3/6/2024 at 8:05 PM, Shaheedalex said:

Whats the going rate for a Private investigator? We may even have one here on this platform, I would gladly miss a cup of coffee and donate that to the PI fee and I am sure many would not mind too. Cowards like this need to have their day in court.

Can we get the PPA involved in this one?

Just saw a message of a cyclist knocked down on M5 at Kromboom turnoff. From reports there was blanket thrown over cyclist. Major impact to windscreen of car.

“What matters most is how well you walk through the fire.” - Charles Bukowski 

Big day today - wound dressing day! This is a routine about every 4-5 days. The big threat is infection and the possibility of a skin graft for the right calf is still in the medical picture. The ankle surgery was successful and I wil be walking with crutches for an estimated 5 weeks.

My mind is like a garden. It can be beautiful and colourful and I have to watch for the fast-growing mental weeds of negative self-limiting thoughts. Pessimistic thoughts can delay recovery; optimistic thoughts can promote recovery.

I do not miss my professional world of working in high performance settings even though it is highly meaningful to me. What I miss most is taking my son to school in the morning and going out on sushi dates with my partner. Soon, soon, soon.

Several people of this online community have reached out, visited and offered help. Dankie baie. 

Be safe out there, Peoples. 💟

178ac608-bd05-485e-b1b2-b054c1272e25.jpeg

48 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

“What matters most is how well you walk through the fire.” - Charles Bukowski 

Big day today - wound dressing day! This is a routine about every 4-5 days. The big threat is infection and the possibility of a skin graft for the right calf is still in the medical picture. The ankle surgery was successful and I wil be walking with crutches for an estimated 5 weeks.

My mind is like a garden. It can be beautiful and colourful and I have to watch for the fast-growing mental weeds of negative self-limiting thoughts. Pessimistic thoughts can delay recovery; optimistic thoughts can promote recovery.

I do not miss my professional world of working in high performance settings even though it is highly meaningful to me. What I miss most is taking my son to school in the morning and going out on sushi dates with my partner. Soon, soon, soon.

Several people of this online community have reached out, visited and offered help. Dankie baie. 

Be safe out there, Peoples. 💟

178ac608-bd05-485e-b1b2-b054c1272e25.jpeg

What a champ, looking good and keeping positive vibes for you!

Lots of tears of gratitude and relief today, Peoples. Prognosis excellent and recovery going well after seeing the orthopaedic surgeon this morning. I have a screw thingie in my ankle now. 

Spoon cast, bandaging and stitches removed from my ankle and it is looking good after two weeks of post-op recovery. Stitches on my soft tissue wound around the right calf removed as well; about 40 - 50 of them, excluding about a dozen of internal stitches that will remain and eventually dissolve. 

Now for the rehabilitation phase with physiotherapy starting on Friday. It is also time to ask my wife to lift me to the gym with my moon boot and crutches for next 3 weeks so I can go pomp my mossels. Light exercise will boost me mentally and emotionally.

I can feel my life force is slowly returning, like a tide coming back in, and I begin to look forward to the horizon. Grateful in ways that typed words cannot express.

IMG_6063.jpeg

Edited by 'Dale

5 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Lots of tears of gratitude and relief today, Peoples. So many achievements unlocked on my pathway to recovery after my visit to my orthopaedic surgeon.

Spoon cast and bandaging removed and my ankle is looking good after two weeks of post-op recovery. Stitches on my soft tissue wound around the right calf removed as well; about 40 - 50 of them, excluding about a dozen of internal stitches that will remain and eventually dissolve. 

I am welcoming in the rehabilitation phase with physiotherapy starting on Friday. It is also time to ask my wife to lift me to the gym with my moon boot and crutches for next 3 weeks so I can go pomp my mossels. 

I can feel my life force is slowly returning, like a tide coming back in, and I begin to look forward to the horizon.

IMG_6063.jpeg

Lekker. Excellent news.