Motorists vs Cyclists.... again

Terminator

This individua,l a passenger in the Renault pictured close passed me at about 10cm at 40kmph just outside Seapoint swearing and yelling to get out of the road. 

These two kids got a big fright when I caught them in Seapoint and confronted the passenger I also informed a corpulent policewoman what he was going and she shrugged and said "he's still drunk" before picking her nose. 

Our encounter in which he informed me of his view that cyclists should not be on the road, ended with me telling him he is still smelling his mother's milk and he should look me up when he can grow a proper beard.

I think the cop was right about him being p1ssed.

I think he will pause next time he thinks about buzzing a rider.

Screenshot_20240803_113317_Gallery.jpg.a5a8cf9b5716ea2dcbdf7243d1d3732c.jpgwhyScreenshot_20240803_113247_Gallery.jpg.b803198655859ee7514863e75b397a7e.jpg 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Mamil said:

This individua,l a passenger in the Renault pictured close passed me at about 10cm at 40kmph just outside Seapoint swearing and yelling to get out of the road. 

These two kids got a big fright when I caught them in Seapoint and confronted the passenger I also informed a corpulent policewoman what he was going and she shrugged and said "he's still drunk" before picking her nose. 

Our encounter in which he informed me of his view that cyclists should not be on the road, ended with me telling him he is still smelling his mother's milk and he should look me up when he can grow a proper beard.

I think the cop was right about him being p1ssed.

I think he will pause next time he thinks about buzzing a rider.

Screenshot_20240803_113317_Gallery.jpg.a5a8cf9b5716ea2dcbdf7243d1d3732c.jpgwhyScreenshot_20240803_113247_Gallery.jpg.b803198655859ee7514863e75b397a7e.jpg 

My blood boils! 

49 minutes ago, cadenceblur said:

My blood boils! 

40 minutes ago, MORNE1102 said:

Only thing he needs is a good old Zuit-Afrikaanse P@3s Klap. To many white boet fighters around with piss poor attitudes towards everyone else. 

35 minutes ago, Wannabe said:

And you didn't feed him a front wheel through that window!? 

You're a better person than me.

He was spoiling for a fight. There were no cars around and he had plenty of room to overtake, I was away from the curb but riding fast. 

After initially going quite pale when I caught him he recovered his bravado but I do think he got the message that you can't attempt intimidation like that and count on you car to outrun the person you've attacked.

I feel good about dealing with them. I've changed nappies on tougher and older customers than that.

18 hours ago, saggy said:

..... and the driver sitting on his cell phone!

Probably calling a friend, going 50/50, or asking the audience for a honourable way of the shite he's gotto deal with.

Entitled bitches

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Probably calling a friend, going 50/50, or asking the audience for a honourable way of the shite he's gotto deal with.

Entitled bitches

Probably sending a please call me

One of the guys on our DC team hit the side of a car that pulled out in front of him while coming down into Camps Bay yesterday.
The driver didn't think that he was going that fast, so got a fright when they collided. He left a nice dent in her car, but he is very eina today.

16 hours ago, splat said:

The driver didn't think that he was going that fast,

I think this is part of the problem as to why cars pull in front of us, they under estimate the speed at which we are traveling, 

That IS, when they do actually look.

17 hours ago, splat said:

One of the guys on our DC team hit the side of a car that pulled out in front of him while coming down into Camps Bay yesterday.
The driver didn't think that he was going that fast, so got a fright when they collided. He left a nice dent in her car, but he is very eina today.

Im always weary of this coming into camps bay and sea point. Honestly becoming so dangerous and mainly because it gets busy so quickly and drivers take chances because they can’t wait. People might hate on this but when there is no shoulder i never ride all the way to the side. I will ride more towards the middle even if the cars have to wait a bit and then pull over when it’s clear for them to pass. If you ride all the way to the left, you have cars trying to pass you when it’s not safe and you have the risk of parked cars opening a door or pulling out of the bay. 

Most motorists don't appreciate that when we are cycling at 35km/h we cover about 9m per second ....so when (if) they see us , they just presume the gap is theirs to take . 

53 minutes ago, Popit said:

Most motorists don't appreciate that when we are cycling at 35km/h we cover about 9m per second ....so when (if) they see us , they just presume the gap is theirs to take . 

Plus the unconscious perception that goes something like "I'll be ok - I'm in a suit of armout, this crash won't hurt me"

4 hours ago, The Ouzo said:

I think this is part of the problem as to why cars pull in front of us, they under estimate the speed at which we are traveling, 

That IS, when they do actually look.

It’s true.. on the 170watt bomb train which is a road in fourways, slight descend you can really pick up speed.. the look on the dudes face when he looked at me looked left and started pulling out and I was braking and skidding to stop was hysterical but also frightening for me.. and him I think cos he just drove away in shock I assume.. 🤷🏼‍♂️