Am I being unreasonable here?

RobertWhitehead

Everyone makes mistakes and ill be the first one to say im wrong .

If Robbert can please post the full conversation where i said that im coming to pta and ill reimbursed him, but he just posted the whatsups where i looked bad in the public eye.

as many of the people posted , why would i as a business do all this just to win R4100. it doest make any sense.

Guys im a mechanic that work on bikes, i dont sit behind a computer all day so i apologies if i don't respond in 5 minutes.

i aplogise if i was wrong

all good and well, however why were you not prepared to refund him immediately? Were you concerned that he wouldn't return it? You made the error and then to add insult to injury you wanted him to wait? so further inconveniencing him?

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I am seeing it now, Is yes it is a refund, but it is essentially like a sale again, So how can Morne "demand" money back 1st until he received the fork and then he will pay? Let's say "life" happens and he doesn't pay, then OP is left without the fork plus his cash. So it should be quite simple, Pay the money back and the fork will then be sent back. If Morne didn't have the money to refund at the time, He should've been upfront with the OP from the start and I'm sure judging by the OP's original messages he may have understood and this thread wouldn't even be here. But before I get flamed, I agree that he should never have falsely advertised and the sold the fork in the first place because I genuinely don't know what he thought was going to happen when whomever bought this fork tried to fit it and it didn't fit. (Lets not even get into the thru-axle story which the OP never saw but actually paid for)

Edit  see this has been resolved. 

Edited by FootballingCyclist

Great lessons for future rip-off artists here on Bike Hub as well as any forum driven platform.

It certainly appears that the culprit only responded after realizing the **** storm he'd created single handedly.

Well done to everyone that was part of the solution.

It may not have been a lot of money but the principle wins out every time.

yes please

can you also send the screenshots where you badmouth my suppliers as well. so that's its open for everyone.

thanks

Morne

Or you can also post it. You claim there were two sides. 

Lets see it then

Admin...

what happened to the ability to change or remove or view your feedback for others??

I want to remove the comment on Mr Morne's marketplace profile but there is no function?

I remember being able to view feedback left for others? or am I high?

anyway....please assist. 

Edit: Also, bring back comments for classifieds

Edited by MORNE

Admin...

what happened to the ability to change or remove or view your feedback for others??

I want to remove the comment on Mr Morne's marketplace profile but there is no function?

anyway....please assist. 

I

Admin...

anyway....please assist. 

I'd also like to delete mine but this thread must stay live imo

edit - pls  :D

Edited by BaGearA

Guys Guys

So obviously the public is only hearing one side of the whasup and conversation here.

Let him also post the rest of the whasup and then you guys will see that i said i will 100% reimburse him when i come to Pretoria on the weekend of 7th feb . And he refused to.

its always very easy to climb on a tram when everyone is throwing rocks at the same person.

- Yes i do own a service center and im proud to say that i do i have more then 15 year experience in this field.

so obviously im i so stupid (TO SCAM THIS GUY OVER R4100) 

- so guys before you guys just post, get the right info first from both parties

I'm always a guy that want to support the industry and the millions of people that ride bikes.

If you guys have any queries and really want to hear the story , please phone me 072 235 3385

Sorry dude, no matter how you want to swing it or what was said on WhatsApp, bottom line you are at fault.

I'm glad to see you owned up and made the refund, it was the right thing to do.

Good luck with the damage control as far as your business is concerned.  Hopefully that will make you think twice in the future about these type of transactions.

Guys and gals (If there's any here) - Mornè has sent me the proof of payment and he has also requested that I post the full conversation from our dealings on WhatsApp here on this thread. 

Just to be clear, I've not sent anything to anyone else about Mornè, I re-listed the fork in the hope of selling it on. So here's the full conversation. I have removed the banking details for both parties envolved

post-51766-0-09587900-1612796805_thumb.jpg

post-51766-0-54108300-1612796811_thumb.jpg

post-51766-0-95589300-1612796819_thumb.jpg

post-51766-0-19946300-1612796826_thumb.jpg

post-51766-0-62437500-1612796834_thumb.jpg

post-51766-0-57540600-1612796840_thumb.jpg

post-51766-0-79176700-1612796848_thumb.jpg

post-51766-0-71095500-1612796854_thumb.jpg

post-51766-0-28345500-1612796861_thumb.jpg

post-51766-0-86239600-1612796868_thumb.jpg

post-51766-0-91536700-1612796874_thumb.jpg

post-51766-0-55169400-1612796880_thumb.jpg

Hi All,

I know Morne personally and can attest to his person. He is not a scammer and a really decent person. He is working at getting admin right. He clearly in ignorance made an honest mistake. He made an honest mistake with me also in the past, but he was truly willing to make right and it lead to a great relationship built.

We are always quick to fry someone without knowing them from a bar of soap. Now, can we calm down and give this guy a chance?

Danie