Am I being unreasonable here?

RobertWhitehead

Technically you did not do a trade with the guy, so you should not have negatively rated or commented, as such you abused the system and took sides!

Next time keep your urge to rate to yourself, unless you are actually doing the deal.

I don't care if you think it was a moral high ground, you and others who did the same thing, now make a mockery of the rating system, which is a slippery slope! It becomes a free for all and it will end up no one can take the rating system seriously!

Know one seems to have the fogiest about whats going on

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh. Ok. Yes.

Helping a fellow hubber out to get a reaction out of the guy who screwed him over and kept quiet was wrong? The seller did the same to the buyer btw.

There was no mudslinging...just asking him to do the right thing. And in the past it was possible to remove/edit comments on there if i recall, which i fully intend doing still...since it all ended relatively well in the end. I’ll give him 5 stars for doing the right thing infact. Thats the premise of helopeter too. The system allows it. If it were blasphemy it would not be possible to do it that way and comments would only be possible between confirmed buyers snd sellers.

Anyway, meh...give me a warning point for breaking the terms of use re the rating system. I will wear it as a badge of honor in this instance.

Edited by MORNE

Ugh. Ok. Yes.

Helping a fellow hubber out to get a reaction out of the guy who screwed him over and kept quiet was wrong? The seller did the same to the buyer btw.

There was no mudslinging...just asking him to do the right thing. And in the past it was possible to remove/edit comments on there if i recall, which i fully intend doing still...since it all ended relatively well in the end. I’ll give him 5 stars for doing the right thing infact. Thats the premise of helopeter too. The system allows it. If it were blasphemy it would not be possible to do it that way and comments would only be possible between confirmed buyers snd sellers.

Anyway, meh

I totally get your point and I also considered doing it, but, I also tend to agree @shaper.

imho, the ratings should be between buyers and sellers only.

I totally get your point and I also considered doing it, but, I also tend to agree @shaper.

imho, the ratings should be between buyers and sellers only.

Yes, i agree...in a perfect trading scenario.

This, and the broken Di2 saga just reaffirms that I will not only buy something sight unseen, but also not sell it sight unseen.

To add to the drama we now even have people rating the buyer without ever buying from said buyer.

What stops people from abusing it further and giving negative ratings to people because they don't like the tone of their messages to a mate.

Since when do you swear at you customer(s)? I struggled with the afrikaans, just about made out its pretty much what Robert posted except for a few bits and the swearing. Then I stopped reading further.

A customer can be you best friend, but never ever talk in a casual manner when doing business, especially slang and swearing. My suppliers(some friends) respect the fact that I don a business hat when doing business with them. There is no room for friends. 

Yes, i agree...in a perfect trading scenario.

Even in an imperfect scenario!

Vent all you want in a forum thread, even comment if the deemed guilty party comments, or phone them and vent you anger!

We all vent and comment in the forum thread!

But the only way to get a working rating system and and a more perfect scenario is if the rating system is not abused. In this case it was and by many!

This, and the broken Di2 saga just reaffirms that I will not only buy something sight unseen, but also not sell it sight unseen.

To add to the drama we now even have people rating the buyer without ever buying from said buyer.

What stops people from abusing it further and giving negative ratings to people because they don't like the tone of their messages to a mate.

With some exceptions, I will never buy something second hand unless I can go and pick it up myself

The mods seem to not care about any of this though.

Please come deliver upon us your judgement oh moderatey ones.

Maybe the popcorn is too good? The silence is deafening though.

/Comic sans/. I think

Yes yes...let it go now.The oke fu*cked up and we can now move on or are you going to going to demonstrate some more

I am going to hang around some more.

You have not enjoyed the thread, and noted as much a couple of times ... unfollow if it unsettles you?

Anyway, meh...give me a warning point for breaking the terms of use re the rating system. I will wear it as a badge of honor in this instance.

honour!

Hi All,

I know Morne personally and can attest to his person. He is not a scammer and a really decent person. He is working at getting admin right. He clearly in ignorance made an honest mistake. He made an honest mistake with me also in the past, but he was truly willing to make right and it lead to a great relationship built.

We are always quick to fry someone without knowing them from a bar of soap. Now, can we calm down and give this guy a chance?

Danie

Thanks Morne.

“We are always quick to fry someone without knowing them from a bar of soap“

True that. In the same vein then we shouldn’t take the word of someone vouching for his friend's character with a history of 1 post on the forum?

Edited by Craai

Cancel Culture has found it's grimy way to Le Hub.

This was all just poor form and bad manners. Now, if only this were Friday and there was some hot popcorn and melting butter.

I am reminded of some fair barneys over the years. Ah, to reminisce of the good ole days...

I might be adding little value to this conversation by saying the following, but having read all the unpleasantries, I think, personally, a good old fashioned phone call could possibly have prevented some of the drama (I don't know if OP did try to phone the seller or if the seller tried to phone the OP).

Whatsapp messages or emails are always open to misinterpretation depending on the recipient's mood, I've seen it break up relationships/spoil working relationships and more. Yes, it is good to have a record, but you can follow up a phone call with a short message confirming what was agreed, just so it then gets placed on record, once the personal connection has been made and you realise the person on the other end is real, and not some random Forum name. Things are also less likely to be misinterpreted at that moment.

I miss the days of phone calls, things were simpler then. Anyways, glad it was resolved eventually. 

Edited by gemmerbal