Am I being unreasonable here?

RobertWhitehead

Surprised that Matt hasn't plastered Bike Hub Pay all over this thread. 

And for gods sake close it.It has been resolved as far as I can tell.If another person posts about the difference between 271/2 and 29 I will slit my wrists or something equally dramatic

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

I know Morne personally and can attest to his person. He is not a scammer and a really decent person. He is working at getting admin right. He clearly in ignorance made an honest mistake. He made an honest mistake with me also in the past, but he was truly willing to make right and it lead to a great relationship built.

We are always quick to fry someone without knowing them from a bar of soap. Now, can we calm down and give this guy a chance?

Danie

that's a savage first post  :lol:

you been waiting 2 years for that one

Admin...

what happened to the ability to change or remove or view your feedback for others??

I want to remove the comment on Mr Morne's marketplace profile but there is no function?

I remember being able to view feedback left for others? or am I high?

anyway....please assist.

Edit: Also, bring back comments for classifieds

To add to this request above.

ADMIN, feel free to remove my Rating on Robert's profile as soon as the review from Morne is removed.

15 years experience and you don’t know the difference between 29” and 650b

I've been riding bikes for 30 years and occasionally I try to unscrew a LHS pedal in the anticlockwise direction. It doesn't mean that I don't know the difference. For what it's worth, Morne once managed to get a Lyne dropper post working again, which I'd already once sent to Lyne to look at themselves because it was sticking. (And no, it wasn't an overtightened seatclamp). My point is that he's not the clueless mechanic some people are trying to paint him out to be.

And then there are people calling him a scammer. It's a very strange scam where you stay in touch with the person you conned, offer to pay him back... and then actually pay him back. 

It was a mistake to send the wrong fork and inconsiderate to not refund right away. The OP was correct to be annoyed. Morne stuffed up there and he's owned it. But it's nothing more sinister than that. Still people skim read the thread and resort to lowest-common-denominator behavior because they want to make a contribution on a popular thread. The truth is boring and bad news spreads faster.    

I've been riding bikes for 30 years and occasionally I try to unscrew a LHS pedal in the anticlockwise direction. It doesn't mean that I don't know the difference. For what it's worth, Morne once managed to get a Lyne dropper post working again, which I'd already once sent to Lyne to look at themselves because it was sticking. (And no, it wasn't an overtightened seatclamp). My point is that he's not the clueless mechanic some people are trying to paint him out to be.

And then there are people calling him a scammer. It's a very strange scam where you stay in touch with the person you conned, offer to pay him back... and then actually pay him back.

It was a mistake to send the wrong fork and inconsiderate to not refund right away. The OP was correct to be annoyed. Morne stuffed up there and he's owned it. But it's nothing more sinister than that. Still people skim read the thread and resort to lowest-common-denominator behavior because they want to make a contribution on a popular thread. The truth is boring and bad news spreads faster.

. He only paid Robert back once Robert started a shite storm that was probably already knocking on the door

ONLY THEN

Ok ... this post by Morne sucks ... I drew a picture to indicated my thoughts.

A cube? 3 diamonds? A knight’s helmet? A hexagon with the center point indicated?

Instructions unclear.

Sorry, i feel like a box for not getting it....

????

Edited by MORNE

Ok ... this post by Morne sucks ... I drew a picture to indicated my thoughts.

Yes yes...let it go now.The oke fu*cked up and we can now move on or are you going to going to demonstrate some more

There should be a disclaimer on the main page under the bikehub logo:

Bikehub

Beware: here be pitchfork mobs.

Well it did it’s job again, so its efficacy cant be disputed yet lol.

Agree - case closed though.

Anyway, ill gladly remove my contribution to his marketplace profile once i know where,what, how. ADMIN!?

Reading this thread back to front while sipping a glass of red....

Morne might be a descent oke, from Stellies nogal, and a good mechanic, and Afrikaans

But

He's got a lot to learn about how to deal with people in a polite and professional manner, especially since the mistake, intentional or not, started with him.  He's the seller, the person trying to make a living of selling stuff...being it a service or stuff...

Selling 101 - the customer is always king - since they pay your salary.

Ask Rapide....

Sies man.. 

There should be a disclaimer on the main page under the bikehub logo:

Bikehub

Beware: here be pitchfork mobs.

Well it did it’s job again, so its efficacy cant be disputed yet lol.

Agree - case closed though.

Anyway, ill gladly remove my contribution to his marketplace profile once i know where,what, how. ADMIN!?

Technically you did not do a trade with the guy, so you should not have negatively rated or commented, as such you abused the system and took sides!

Next time keep your urge to rate to yourself, unless you are actually doing the deal.

I don't care if you think it was a moral high ground, you and others who did the same thing, now make a mockery of the rating system, which is a slippery slope! It becomes a free for all and it will end up no one can take the rating system seriously!

And for gods sake close it.It has been resolved as far as I can tell.If another person posts about the difference between 271/2 and 29 I will slit my wrists or something equally dramatic

Please go ahead make my day ...   :D  :lol:  :D

Sorry @Kranswurm, ek moes daai een in kry ...   sal nie weer nie.