Rogue Riders in Newlands Forest... :(

TPbike

54 minutes ago, DJR said:

Yes, I walk and train my young labbie there.

Love black labbies, I've not met one that wasn't sharp and rapidly trainable. One, called Matti, most certainly saved my life when three armed thugs rushed at me from behind a tree near my gate as I walked to manually close it after arriving home late at night.

22 minutes ago, MTBeer said:

can you common walkers just pipe down when you walk early morning please. jeez you lot can make a racket. I already have to put up with idiots in BMW's screaming up and down Campground road at night and then there's the early morning walkers as well....

A little further away, we had a problem with cars speeding in a narrow residential road. We signed a petition and a request for the city council to install speed bumps. It took 2 years but they did just that. It solved our problem instantly.

1 minute ago, DJR said:

A little further away, we had a problem with cars speeding in a narrow residential road. We signed a petition and a request for the city council to install speed bumps. It took 2 years but they did just that. It solved our problem instantly.

I'm next door to Rustenburg Girls High. I have spoken to the school and they have been trying for years to get speedbumps. CoCT not interested. Something to do with the type of road.

Someone is going to get killed. In the past 6 months 2 lamposts have been taken out. With the number of pedestrians using that space it's only a matter of time

44 minutes ago, MTBeer said:

I'm next door to Rustenburg Girls High. I have spoken to the school and they have been trying for years to get speedbumps. CoCT not interested. Something to do with the type of road.

Someone is going to get killed. In the past 6 months 2 lamposts have been taken out. With the number of pedestrians using that space it's only a matter of time

I come past there when I commute. Nearly been taken out a few times by cars just driving out of the school even with traffic in the road

That's a **** road.The biggest problem is the trees and the sun on your right when travelling towards the highway.Its like a strobe light and you can see F..all

In the UK, they put in steel Poles which narrow the road at various points. It takes a brave person to speed through them because they are very sturdy. One car at a time so one has to give way to oncoming traffic too which also slows traffic down. A bit irritating for drivers but also very effective. Perhaps a solution for your street?

Why are American cars so rare in Europe? Where I live ...

one helluva thread already, it must be friday

rogue riders in newlands forest=>rondebosch common=>rustenburg girls=>uk traffic calming and that's all under 2 pages.

at this rate by page 5 we could be learning how to ferment mongolian goat whiskey.

2 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

one helluva thread already, it must be friday

rogue riders in newlands forest=>rondebosch common=>rustenburg girls=>uk traffic calming and that's all under 2 pages.

at this rate by page 5 we could be learning how to ferment mongolian goat whiskey.

???????? True that, let's see how we can get there...........

17 minutes ago, sawystertrance said:

In the UK, they put in steel Poles which narrow the road at various points. It takes a brave person to speed through them because they are very sturdy. One car at a time so one has to give way to oncoming traffic too which also slows traffic down. A bit irritating for drivers but also very effective. Perhaps a solution for your street?

Why are American cars so rare in Europe? Where I live ...

this is SA. The first speeding car will take out the poles (at the speed they go they will take them clean out the ground), thereafter every other car will speed through without needing to slow down. It will be almost impossible to get council to put new poles in again after that.

3 minutes ago, ouzo said:

this is SA. The first speeding car will take out the poles (at the speed they go they will take them clean out the ground), thereafter every other car will speed through without needing to slow down. It will be almost impossible to get council to put new poles in again after that.

if the poles are metal they will be stolen before any car gets near them

1 hour ago, MTBeer said:

if the poles are metal they will be stolen before any car gets near them

I was thinking more along the lines of finding corrugated iron sheets added to it the next morning with a growing community claiming the street has been their home for years and refusing to move, demonstrating, looting and burning a bus or two to get the TV cameras excited and a visit from a minister or three to confirm how legitimate their cause is while complaining that there is no grazing for their goats.????

Edit: come ons someone, take the cue on "goats", it's Friday!????It's just a short jump to Mangolia and whiskey.

Edited by DJR

32 minutes ago, DJR said:

I was thinking more along the lines of finding corrugated iron sheets added to it the next morning with a growing community claiming the street has been their home for years and refusing to move, demonstrating, looting and burning a bus or two to get the TV cameras excited and a visit from a minister or three to confirm how legitimate their cause is while complaining that there is no grazing for their goats.????

Edit: come ons someone, take the cue on "goats", it's Friday!????It's just a short jump to Mangolia and whiskey.

goats? stop kidding around.

On 6/3/2021 at 11:08 AM, TPbike said:

In and around the tunnel near the firebase

cant see why one would even exit through this section and not the bit of single track out the forest...

5 minutes ago, babse said:

cant see why one would even exit through this section and not the bit of single track out the forest...

farking dirt roadies / gravel bikers

3 hours ago, DJR said:

This REALLY ‘gets my Goat’! :)