Jacket for winter (light)

MG22

Just now, I FLY said:

Do you know whether it  gets sweat build up inside or does it breathe?

I've ridden with something similar and you do build up a little extra heat but because of the cold I sweat less anyways so it didn't bug me. 

I switched to riding with a bamboo fibre base layer that wicks sweat away really well while insulating the core really well. It is called the Bamboo Thermaskin from KWAY. Cheap as well. 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/14/2021 at 8:36 AM, Jbr said:

I have the ciovita with removable sleeves. It doesn't fold as small as I would like it to, but I have to admit that since I bought it I haven't felt cold on my bike once.

One day I'd take the full windbreaker with sleeves, another day I'll just take the gilet (leave the sleeves at home) and put arm warmers. If I use both I run out of pockets to store everything once I'm warm.

The last few rides I went out with Gloves / Arm warmers or windbreaker sleeves / Windbreaker gilet / Leg warmers and came back with all that stored in my jersey's back pockets.

It's a lot cheaper than an indoor trainer ;)

If you were on an indoor trainer, you could have just thrown all your gloves and jackets and stuff on the floor without having to worry about jersey pockets..... ????

But yes, a jacket is marginally cheaper than a trainer. And a jacket doesn't require a monthly zwift subscription. 

2 hours ago, Mountain Bru said:

If you were on an indoor trainer, you could have just thrown all your gloves and jackets and stuff on the floor without having to worry about jersey pockets..... ????

But yes, a jacket is marginally cheaper than a trainer. And a jacket doesn't require a monthly zwift subscription. 

A proper jacket costs about the same as a proper fan for an indoor trainer .... ????

CS font ..

Just now, Markusg said:

Thank you Chris F for a different perspective. However I do prefer riding outside though. ????????

AGREED ????????????

My trainer only gets used when I really cant get out...

On 6/14/2021 at 7:49 AM, Koos Likkewaan said:

Those work well. Couple of people in our group using them.

Thanks for this! I've been looking for an affordable winter jacket I can use on cold and misty days, and this looks perfect (for MTB'ing)

Any idea of sizing? I am 1.85cm, 93kg, muscular build... I was thinking Large for a "snug" fit

I stay in CPT, so unfortunately will have to order online as there aren't any decathlon stores in CPT :( 

First Ascent's Lume Magneeto jacket is also OK...sleeves are removable....collapses into itself and tucks into back pocket quite easy...online...

22 hours ago, Mark James said:

Thanks for this! I've been looking for an affordable winter jacket I can use on cold and misty days, and this looks perfect (for MTB'ing)

Any idea of sizing? I am 1.85cm, 93kg, muscular build... I was thinking Large for a "snug" fit

Friend of mine is 1,80cm, 87kg and he has a Large, although slightly loose fitting. 

Large might be very "snug". I would probably consider XL.

54 minutes ago, Koos Likkewaan said:

Friend of mine is 1,80cm, 87kg and he has a Large, although slightly loose fitting. 

Large might be very "snug". I would probably consider XL.

Thanks for this, just ordered an XL online! :) 

I have both the Ciovita and the Magneeto jackets. 

No real big differences between them. The Ciovita one has more magnets on the connecting section, whereas the Magneeto has zippers, so not as easy to remove on the fly. 

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone tried the "new" First Ascent Men's Element Thermal Long Sleeve Cycling Jersey ? Feedback on it? does it work? 

Cheers