Is anyone on strava here?

arandre

1 minute ago, bleedToWin said:

This is allowed, maybe just not in the way you intended to do it with their API.
Racetec had a Strava challenge during gogga times with local climbs. It was very poorly supported.

It was probably low key, and undetectable. If you see their T&Cs, you can see that segments are not allowed to be used for commercial activities without their permission.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We used to run promotional competitions using Strava to complete challenges. You might remember the Food Lover's ones. Strava wanted $10,000 in 2016 for API access for such things. So we don't any more.

1 minute ago, Frosty said:

It was probably low key, and undetectable. If you see their T&Cs, you can see that segments are not allowed to be used for commercial activities without their permission.

It was done with Strava permission, and possibly even with money changing hands. When you entered you had to authorise Racetec to access your Strava data and you had to be Strava premium. 

1 minute ago, Ozzie NL said:

Did you by any chance point out that there is earning potential for Strava there? Over last couple of years this has become a big focus of theirs

All timing comes at some charge, one would think that Strava could do this at a very competitive rate

They said their “sponsored challenges” are the only way to create a competition. That target market is global, rather than at small events that are regionally based. My second email, after the legal T&Cs were shared, went unanswered; maybe it’s because it had Germiston in the address 🤣

I think they have a potentially good product, but aren’t interested in hearing about these ideas from their paying customers.

8 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

It was done with Strava permission, and possibly even with money changing hands. When you entered you had to authorise Racetec to access your Strava data and you had to be Strava premium. 

The permission you give Racetec is to link an athlete to their database, like 3rd party apps do. The data is pulled through the API. Below is their response when queried it with a copy of the T&Cs. I didn't use my own account, hence the Hi Germiston (Wheelers). 

image.png.f613605319caea5a355c818aba9e746b.png

18 minutes ago, Jbr said:

I would just buy intervals.icu ;)

please no. intervals.icu is a great tool, we dont need strava messing it up.

(Although I'm sure David would really like that cash injection from the buy out)

14 minutes ago, Frosty said:

The permission you give Racetec is to link an athlete to their database, like 3rd party apps do. The data is pulled through the API. Below is their response when queried it with a copy of the T&Cs. I didn't use my own account, hence the Hi Germiston (Wheelers). 

image.png.f613605319caea5a355c818aba9e746b.png

Ah.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else having issues to get exercise data from Polar Flow to Strava?

Been using it for years with out a glitch, now its broken.  As far as I know it the data goes via the Apple Health app to Strava it it does show in the Health app but for some reason not in Strava.

Please let me know if you know how to fix this.

42 minutes ago, TheoG said:

Anyone else having issues to get exercise data from Polar Flow to Strava?

Been using it for years with out a glitch, now its broken.  As far as I know it the data goes via the Apple Health app to Strava it it does show in the Health app but for some reason not in Strava.

Please let me know if you know how to fix this.

The data should go straight to Strava; there is a direct link available in the app.

686B11BB-0F1B-4582-BC54-9078287CFDCE.png

Thanks @Frosty , I just saw that and disconnected and connected again, hopefully it work again going forward, will see with my next session, probably a run this afternoon.

I added my last ride manually in Strava.

.. Strava, the chaps who will take your wallet for a ride and not even ask you.

I wonder when a new Silicone Valley start up from Africa will gobble them up and rename it Straate. 🙃

• 8 months later...

Is anyone else having issues loading pictures to Strava today ?

Comes up with an error,  "cant resize and compress photo" , I thought it was my new phone taking pics in a different format, but tried some pics that I had taken with my old phone and it still wont upload. Then also remembered that I had uploaded a pic with my new phone about a week ago and it worked.

1 hour ago, The Ouzo said:

Is anyone else having issues loading pictures to Strava today ?

Working fine for me.