Vetplant

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Sid the Sloth said:

Hayley finishes in 41:41 at 43.6km/h! 

Same route as the U23 men? She's the best part of 5 minutes off the winning time for the women today I'd guess.

Edited by TNT1

11 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

Same route as the U23 men? She's the best part of 5 minutes off the winning time for the women today I'd guess.

I'd say that's still a massive achievement considering the other ladies are all full time paid professionals who have all the science at their disposal, best kit, training camps, international racing under their belts, are sponsored fully and have full team support etc whilst Hayley is still a UCT student, Not sure if she gets paid to ride her bike, Hasn't been racing much because Covid hasn't really allowed it and lives in CT which is pretty much a pan cake compared to some of those European Countries.

3 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

I'd say that's still a massive achievement considering the other ladies are all full time paid professionals who have all the science at their disposal, best kit, training camps, international racing under their belts, are sponsored fully and have full team support etc whilst Hayley is still a UCT student, Not sure if she gets paid to ride her bike, Hasn't been racing much because Covid hasn't really allowed it and lives in CT which is pretty much a pan cake compared to some of those European Countries.

Why is CSA sending hackers to world championship events?

I don't want to see the Springs' Boy's High School 1st Rugby Team playing the All Blacks, do I? 

Edited by TNT1

3 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Well she is the current SA Ladies Road champ so she has earned her spot.

That makes me sad. CSA should rather be setting her up to be based in Europe for a season or two and get her up to standard. This current system sets her up for failure.

The local level is clearly light years away from reality.

Edited by TNT1

3 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

That makes me sad. CSA should rather be setting her up to be based in Europe for a season or two and get her up to standard. This current system sets her up for failure.

Agreed 100%

But unfortunately it doesn't seem like CSA are really interested in developing athletes, All whom go over do so on their own accord, Like Tyler Lange recently. has a few top 10s in a few of the races he's taken part in in Belgium.

21 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Agreed. Pretty proud team mate.  First ever ITT and on freshly borrowed kit! I am not making excuses but I think it is pretty cool and not a shabby performance. 

16 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

If you have x number of entries and CSA is not really contributing to covering them I think the experience is valuable to these athletes, and many of them have aspirations of riding overseas once they have finished studying and/or if they get the opportunity. 

22 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

Why is CSA sending hackers to world championship events?

I don't want to see the Springs' Boy's High School 1st Rugby Team playing the All Blacks, do I? 

I don't want to see SA getting dicked by Australia so I don't watch them play. A lot of athletes have the boxes ticked that are in their control (great power numbers, win local races), but those out of their control are not in their favor (having to pay to go to worlds, having to borrow most of their gear shortly before the event, not having races to race and gain experience). Honestly losing the rugby is more disappointing considering their budget ;)

21 hours ago, 'Dale said:

That ride by Remco on a flat course. Look at his diminutive figure. Impressive. 
Belgium 2-3. 

Ganna was not looking gold medal worthy at Euro Champs. What a ride of belief from the Italian.

Pic: IG @Cyclingnewsfeed

2294EC51-4559-468C-BFEE-A4F55F263272.jpeg

ah .... a ginger on the podium. These are definitely strange times