Schwinn Fastback vs Cervelo R3

Rendani80

Hi

I need any advise on which one is the best choice to buy between 2018 model Carbon Schwinn Fastback 105 and 2014 model cervelo r3 105. 

Thank you 

cervelo.jpg

schwinn.jpg

Important things to consider:
Price
Frame size (which actually fits you better... check geometry geeks)
Wheels (and tyres... if the one has GP5000 and the other has gatorskins that is a big watt saving)
Groupset (10 or 11 speed?)
Components (carbon bars, seatpost, nice saddle... It all adds up)

Hi

I have attached the pictures , you may also advice if  R14000 is a reasonable amount for each of them. 

Thank you 

Edited by Rendani80

Of the 2 the Schwinn. Nothing wrong with the Cervelo and it comes with the brand cache but the Schwinn is a 2018 vs a 2014. Get some black bar tape on there and you have a very swanky looking bike.

Both seem very fairly priced to me. And I think you'll be happy with both.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

38 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

Schwinn!

Internal cables and newer bike.

Change the insulation tape looking bar tape and trim the break and gear cables at the front end for a winner.

Yeah those external cables really ages the Cervelo by another 4 years...

The steerer looks short cut on the Schwinn. Could the more aggressive position be an issue for you? A costly fix if it is and you need a more upright position. Is this Shimano 5800 vs 5800? How worn are the drivetrain components. Parts are expensive and not always easy to get, just saying. R3 more of a race bike, also lighter frame, and Schwinn more endurance inclined imho. Pedals included on the Schwinn? You'll need to budget if not. THe seatpost looks carbon on the Cervelo, more comfy. So many things....

2 hours ago, buckstopper said:

How worn are the drivetrain components. Parts are expensive and not always easy to get, just saying.

Most likely both bikes are due for full drivetrain replacement. ????‍♂️

Buy the one you like more. 

external cables are not a deal breaker. Easier to maintain and work on.  So don’t let that be the deciding factor.

see if you can push the price a bit, you never know.

1 hour ago, bleedToWin said:

Most likely both bikes are due for full drivetrain replacement. ????‍♂️

Campy wheels on the Cervelo so maybe campy cassette way more expensive than shimano.

Cervelo reamed by Hambini for poor design, quality assurance and quality control.

schwinn not…

endurance frame likely has longer headtube for for upright seated position, and comfort.