Tour de France 2022

'Dale

14 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

He is looking to be in the shape of his career. He’s been in the main group everyday. More long climbs to come so we’ll see how high he can climb in a manner of speaking 

That cobble stage cost him dearly.

Agree with you, probably his best form ever.

In some articles he came over as relaxed, joking, all good signs for me.

Not sure top 10 is possible with the names ahead, have penciled in top 12.

I do enjoy seeing this Louis V2!!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, DJuice said:

Agree, the other day is the first time ever I saw him attack on a climb.  What ever he is doing, he must keep doing, V2 is looking good !

18 minutes ago, DJuice said:

have to wonder about the inclusion of cobbles. I really did a number of many riders, so while entertaining to a degree, from a race perspective, it did scupper the chances of some of the favourites.

22 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

8th then is a top 12-15 now.

Top 15 would be a great achievement, go Louis !

Will there be withdrawals after the testing window for the gogga? All to be revealed. I heard on a podcast that Bob Jungels tested positive, stayed in the Tour and could continue due to a low viral load. The Luxembourger then stayed away after attacking with 62 kms out. That is an excellent and nuanced way of dealing with Covid19.

*drum roll*

3 consecutive days of Alpine stages coming up, ending with the festival up Alpe d'hues on Bastille day on the 14th. Many say that the podium will be more or less determined over the next few days. It's gonna be intense as many teams want that stage win as well as the GC favourites wanting to stake their claim in the top 10, top 5, top 3, top spot. Races within races!

Sunny and warm weather forecasted today - 29 degrees. The finalé today is an uphill grind of 21 kms. Could Leonard or Thibault get away, hopefully? Or is Primoz more recovered from his back pain since his crash and set up an ambush? Gonna be lekka viewing.

spacer.png

Edited by 'Dale

22 hours ago, lechatnoir said:

have to wonder about the inclusion of cobbles. I really did a number of many riders, so while entertaining to a degree, from a race perspective, it did scupper the chances of some of the favourites.

I think it's awesome.

There were big questions asked on bikehub prior to the race about whether Vingegaard could ride the cobbles. He was golden. 

Tadej smashed it. 

Testing all aspects of skill, teamwork and racecraft is how it should be!

23 hours ago, Underachiever said:

We were in the Aigle/Lac Leman area 3 weeks ago, including riding some of the stage route.  Picture perfect!!! Swiss is a stunningly "hilly" place.

Been to the Portes du Soleil many times. It's a truly beautiful place. Everywhere you look is a postcard. Then there's the biggest trail network on the planet. And some ski lifts. And some amazing roads to ride.

39 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

I think it's awesome.

There were big questions asked on bikehub prior to the race about whether Vingegaard could ride the cobbles. He was golden. 

Tadej smashed it. 

Include the TTT...that will truly be testing the teams.

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

I think it's awesome.

Tadej smashed it. 

please tell me you're advocating for a pump track on the velodrome...

25 minutes ago, Kenosi said:

Hardluck for Cav. Tough crowd there with Patrick Lefevere. Delivers 4 stage wins & the maillot vert yet still no space at the new Lotto-QS experiment 

https://www.velonews.com/news/road/no-room-for-mark-cavendish-at-new-soudal-quick-step-project/

Remember, Cav stepped in for Jakobsen who was recovering. If it weren't for that, Cav might have not gotten in QS at all. And not QS is aiming at Merlier as well. It could be that QS believe both those guys will beat Cav more often than not, hence the decision.

I'm not a Lefevre fan at all, but he has what it takes to build a a cycling team that isn't just good a bit, it's good for a long long time. He's been around enough blocks to know what he's doing. Then again, he does surprise us sometimes and it's easy to think he has no idea on how to be a human with a brain

Edited by lechatnoir

4 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

Remember, Cav stepped in for Jakobsen who was recovering. If it weren't for that, Cav might have not gotten in QS at all. And not QS is aiming at Merlier as well. It could be that QS believe both those guys will beat Cav more often than not, hence the decision.

I'm not a Lefevre fan at all, but he has what it takes to build a a cycling team that isn't just good a bit, it's good for a long long time. He's been around enough blocks to know what he's doing. Then again, he does surprise us sometimes and it's easy to think he has no idea on how to be a human with a brain

He definitely knows how to win bike races, that is for sure.

The Panache of Jalla is definitely missing from the peleton at the  moment too.

Despite last ear, I wouldn't put my eggs in the Cav basket if I were him. I Jacoksen he has arguably the fastest out and out sprinter in the bunch at the moment. Investing in someone or shutting the door on them for a season to let Cav play in the minour leagues isn't really worth it IMHO.

There is only room for one Alpha male in a Wolf Pack and that spot is taken. 

UAE loses George Bennet to a Positive Covid result :(

O'Connor, Vuillermoz, Durbridge and Bennett out of the Tour

13:22

Several riders will not take the start today: Ben O’Connor (AG2R-Citroën), Alexis Vuillermoz (TotalEnergies), due to injuries, Luke Durbridge (Team BikeExchange-Jayco) who tested positive for Covid-19 with very mild symptoms, George Bennett (UAE Team Emirates) who also tested positive for Covid-19.