E-bikes on Strava

Velosauce

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, rorydewet said:

Uhmm nope don't agree. The OP wasn't after constructive help to manage STRAVA or accommodate guys with e-bikes on STRAVA.

He out and out wanted them banned.  He didn't want help to manage the perceived problem he wanted the problem removed.

Below is his original post.

Hey all, 

I'm sure this has been asked before, but do E-bike records belong on strava? (among normal pedaling records and people who drive their cars on roads with their garmins still on😁🤷🏻‍♂️)

I don't think so.

Let's not get confused about the OP's confusion. He asks:- but do E-bike records belong on strava? ( among normal pedaling records and people who drive their cars on roads with their garmins still on).

He says AMONG. That means mixed in with normal bike riders Strava records.

I don't think he is aware (as are some/many E-Bike riders) that there is a selectable choice on Strava for logging an E-Bike ride.

Also a trimming choice (if you get into your car without switching off your GPS tracker and clock up a bunch of KOM's on the way home0 where you can shorten your ride to just the part where you were riding your bicycle.

Also a choice to make your ride private (if it screwed up your data, mid ride, and had you riding a segment at 1293 km/h)

Does this close the subject maybe???

7 minutes ago, DuncanDoughnuts said:

I hate normal analog bikers posting there rides on strava in the ebike section ... they taking all my KOM's cause I can only go 32km/h on the flats. They even crushing me on the downs cause i cant pedal over 32km/h without the feeling that im riding in mud.  

Now stop putting those evil analogue thoughts in my head...👿... you never know what I might try next!

6 minutes ago, DuncanDoughnuts said:

I hate normal analog bikers posting there rides on strava in the ebike section ... they taking all my KOM's cause I can only go 32km/h on the flats. They even crushing me on the downs cause i cant pedal over 32km/h without the feeling that im riding in mud.  

that-face-you-usa2um.jpg.4a87f819e0025b8b2c15f44c36eed04e.jpg

😂

14 hours ago, Velosauce said:

Hey all, 

I'm sure this has been asked before, but do E-bike records belong on strava? (among normal pedaling records and people who drive their cars on roads with their garmins still on😁🤷🏻‍♂️)

I don't think so. 

I'm also quite concerned about the little old ladies on powerful e-bikes who have accidentally run me of off trails because they can't handle their bikes, but that's a whole different kettle of fish🤷🏻‍♂️

Ok, on a serious note. 

As a liberal koolaid drinking ebiker who will never go back to the dark ages. I fully believe that ebikers belong on strava .... BUT

They belong in there own category (which strava has) And as ebiker i want to see my efforts against other ebikers. not push bikes . (cause in some areas there is no way a ebike can keep up with a pushbike) and i want to be able to see my progress against myself on the trails that I ride, that are as technical as **** to see if my Trials lessons are paying off.

Strava is also a fantastic tool when paired with a app like MainTrack that allows me to track the hours ridden for Fork and shock servicing and chain rotation. 

So Yes ... ebikers belong on strava, in there own group, with likeminded liberal riders.

3 minutes ago, Eldron said:

Everything I see a storm warning on my Garmin I ack my lips....it's KOMMING time!

100% legal and totally (im)moral....

Drink and Texting is not advisable. Hope your not im your driving...

Lipice for your ack lips...maybe?

1 minute ago, RobbyB said:

Drink and Texting is not advisable. Hope your not im your driving...

Lipice for your ack lips...maybe?

Everybody is drunk textdriving these days 🙂

Smack my lips damnit....

Seeing lately that there are many anti e-bike for varoius reasons. From now on I will not use my car or my wife's e-bike to chase after KOM's. I will ask around for a good doctor who is willing to help me (Will message LA for a reference)achieve those KOM's. There are a few around my area that I feel that title belongs to me. No top 5 only KOM's.😇

Hope you will appreciate my effort...and I will show you that it has been done with a normal bike.😁

Enjoy the rides Pre-Strava era where we would just go out push ourselfs and just feel good afterwards and not to worry if the other person stopped his ride before getting in the car.

6 hours ago, Paul Ruinaard said:

Go and google top most invasive sites in terms of data harvested and shared and you will see Strava in there. They have your private health data, just to start with. And they have a lot of it.

image.png.c3929329a4e4acd9a472c09fbbe3418b.pngno mention of Strava anywhere 🤔

3 hours ago, RobbyB said:

Let's not get confused about the OP's confusion. He asks:- but do E-bike records belong on strava? ( among normal pedaling records and people who drive their cars on roads with their garmins still on).

He says AMONG. That means mixed in with normal bike riders Strava records.

I don't think he is aware (as are some/many E-Bike riders) that there is a selectable choice on Strava for logging an E-Bike ride.

Also a trimming choice (if you get into your car without switching off your GPS tracker and clock up a bunch of KOM's on the way home0 where you can shorten your ride to just the part where you were riding your bicycle.

Also a choice to make your ride private (if it screwed up your data, mid ride, and had you riding a segment at 1293 km/h)

Does this close the subject maybe???

Agree - not sure why the OP is getting so much hate. Seems he just doesn't know about the e-bike setting on Strava.

I just flag every ride I suspect to be an ebike ride, easy, 99% of the time easy to identify - if you want to take one of the few KOM's I have left it must be very obvious that you did it on a normal bike 😝

Had one of the first ebikes in SA for testing some time back. Specialized Levo, took it to Thaba for a few laps. KOMs and trophys everywhere, up and down. 
Left it like that on Strava before setting it as an ebike ride. Oh the fun.