Absa Cape Epic 2022

JohanDiv

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, W@nted said:

One of the Spez ladies dropper seat post is stuck in low position. 

Happened to me last year at the top of Aap du huez in stage 5 .Overtightened seat tube or dirt 

1 hour ago, Fred van Vlaanderen said:

Nino races this in XC... it is Maxxis Aspen race XC. Hoping this is not the choice for the Epic, because that would have issues.

Maxxis-prototype-Aspen-Race-XC-MTB-tires_Scott-SRAM-World-Champion-Nino-Schurter-low-profile-fast-rolling-semi-slick-Aspen-tread_file-tread-center.jpg.93a017b604b691cb88db73549979b1f5.jpg

Its worse, tehy use the lighter version called the ASpen SR

2 hours ago, Jbr said:

If you think that way, many of the big names shouldn't have entered WP Champs... because lots of them didn't finish

different case. Everyone turned up to that race knowing theres a good chance of DNF but went into it to race.

We're talking about wealthy okes who don't prepare adequately, then suffer and want to demand changes to the event to suit their lack of preparation.

You only enter this event for to reasons

• to race it position
  • to get the finishers jersey and strut it like a peacock at the local church bazaar fun ride

7 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

different case. Everyone turned up to that race knowing theres a good chance of DNF but went into it to race.

We're talking about wealthy okes who don't prepare adequately, then suffer and want to demand changes to the event to suit their lack of preparation.

• to race it position
  • to get the finishers jersey and strut it like a peacock at the local church bazaar fun ride

so, on a scale of 0 to Ivanka Trump, how entitled would you say they were? imagine them on a golf course...

1 minute ago, Shebeen said:

1.2/ 1.25 bar front/rear.

seems a little bit skimpy for average joe me

Yanick the mechanic 🤣

1.2 bar / 17 psi, no wonder they have issues on this terrain... Maybe a grippier tyre with a bit more pressure would be safer, they have the engines for the extra RR

Edited by Jbr

15 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

• to race it position

to be fair you won't need the jersey to show off your achievement in silent modesty....

....it would void the work you'll be putting into ASKING people if they actually 'know that you rode the Epic' haha

edit: comic sans...just incase😅

Edited by MORNE

4 minutes ago, Jbr said:

Yanick the mechanic 🤣

1.2 bar / 17 psi, no wonder they have issues on this terrain... Maybe a grippier tyre with a bit more pressure would be safer, they have the engines for the extra RR

Bagged the stage, will probably use same tyres tomorrow. 

This flimsy tyre issue has been a thing since way back when and yet the top riders continue to take the risk. I suspect that they test tyres and opt for the most efficient option because it is that much faster. There is no doubt the less your tread squirms and bites into the ground, the lower your rolling resistance.  They accept the risk and sometimes it just doesn't pay off....

1 minute ago, Jbr said:

hopefully they put new ones on since these have 10 plugs in them already 🤣

there's a saying in motorsport: 

"nothing is lighter than a hole"

perhaps he's taking it too seriously? lol