All New Dropper Post Lever from cSixx

Bike Hub Features

1 hour ago, Oodles said:

I'm happy with my Lyne. Is it worth the premium over the Lyne?

Screenshot_20220524-164959_Samsung Internet.jpg

Think we’re looking at two completely different forms of fabrication and spec, the ergonomics alone are different. Csixx one also has a bearing installed.

By all means of happy with it, great. But the comparison isn’t really accurate.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Oodles said:

I'm happy with my Lyne. Is it worth the premium over the Lyne?

Screenshot_20220524-164959_Samsung Internet.jpg

These things age like milk , the csixx one atleast looks like it will give solid service until the bearing goes and thats dead east to replace

4 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

These things age like milk , the csixx one atleast looks like it will give solid service until the bearing goes and thats dead east to replace

My lyne lever has lasted me a year and I have friends who's levers have lasted 4 or more years. The csixx one is a step above for sure, but that is evident from price. The best dropper lever by far that I have ever felt is the xo front shfter than I removed the return spring and ratchet mehcanism from, dual bearing and smooth as butter - and it didn't cost me anything. To each their own. But definitely good work to the boys (and girls) at csixx, some cool stuff coming out of there for sure!

10 hours ago, MTBRIDER1234 said:

My lyne lever has lasted me a year and I have friends who's levers have lasted 4 or more years. The csixx one is a step above for sure, but that is evident from price. The best dropper lever by far that I have ever felt is the xo front shfter than I removed the return spring and ratchet mehcanism from, dual bearing and smooth as butter - and it didn't cost me anything. To each their own. But definitely good work to the boys (and girls) at csixx, some cool stuff coming out of there for sure!

Same , like exactly 

except mine is A old XTR front shifter with the guts removed ( smoooooth ) 

21 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

Same , like exactly 

except mine is A old XTR front shifter with the guts removed ( smoooooth ) 

Some people don't like how bulky it looks, but for me function over form. The mechanical advantage and double bearings give you the smoothest feel ever. Another bonus is that the guts are sealed from the elements inside the shifter body, so bearings will last forever. I highly encourage everyone with an old/spare front shifter to try this, even if just to learn more about how a shifter works, or even just to say you did it ;)  On a sidenote, anyone know how the lyne remote compares to the bikeyoke triggy? (got to choose between them for my new bike build)

1 hour ago, MTBRIDER1234 said:

Some people don't like how bulky it looks, but for me function over form. The mechanical advantage and double bearings give you the smoothest feel ever. Another bonus is that the guts are sealed from the elements inside the shifter body, so bearings will last forever. I highly encourage everyone with an old/spare front shifter to try this, even if just to learn more about how a shifter works, or even just to say you did it ;)  On a sidenote, anyone know how the lyne remote compares to the bikeyoke triggy? (got to choose between them for my new bike build)

Triggy is far superior to the Lyne remote

17 minutes ago, thebob said:

Triggy is far superior to the Lyne remote

Awesome, thanks. Will be using that on my bike build.

On 5/24/2022 at 2:45 PM, blackwing said:

I'd slap that onto my bike in a heartbeat. 

Lever stroke slides as smooth as a tendertrepreneur through a coal transport contract, beautiful details that are all CNC cut into the metal with precision, and nice finishing details.

If you ever pay the guys at Csixx a visit you will see that their manufacturing processes are impressive or even more so than the product itself. Hours are spent over cut path details, the feel of the actual product on the bike right down to the laser etch design. 

Before you have negative comments, maybe realize that most of us cannot even engineer a ProNutro box let alone bike parts that can be used and abused, all while that coal contract never gets delivered and the actual lights and machines go off. 

The fact that it us being produced right here in Cape Town is amazing, and the fact that it looks amazing, works well and is packaged so nicely is something even some international players wouldn't be able to achieve. Just take a look at the tacky cardboard placard your R1100 Bontrager Line Elite Dropper arrives on... 

Now go out there, and support local(and your local bike shop)!

Could not agree more with this comment, so accurate and made me chuckle! This lever simply hits a different price point to the (our) Lyne lever and includes some extra features to match the price. Well done Csixx team, new lever looks rad!

28 minutes ago, Dayle said:

Could not agree more with this comment, so accurate and made me chuckle! This lever simply hits a different price point to the (our) Lyne lever and includes some extra features to match the price. Well done Csixx team, new lever looks rad!

YOU look rad

Slapped one on my ebike and I must say the thumb size feels great (if thats a thing ) and operates smoother than the Fox I had on. Installation was dead easy with the screw-in bolt at the button.  Looks great.  They could have made the thumb bit with groves to add grip , if I had to be really picky.

20220527_162744.jpg

Edited by Mohs

1 hour ago, Mohs said:

Slapped one on my ebike and I must say the thumb size feels great (if thats a thing ) and operates smoother than the Fox I had on. Installation was dead easy with the screw-in bolt at the button.  Looks great.  They could have made the thumb bit with groves to add grip , if I had to be really picky.

20220527_162744.jpg

Personally I won't go for rough textured dropper lever again. In summer the rougher surfaces starts to break skin and if wearing full finger gloves, wears the thumb pad of the glove out. A smooth surface is ok and if the level action is light and smooth it will work for everyone = win win.

Some levers have golf ball dimples for more aero actuation .... and the cost reflects this