Tour de France 2024

'Dale

On 7/5/2024 at 11:53 PM, Mountain Bru said:

To be fair, he slowed down so much that his fans blocked the entire road, and then he stopped to kiss his wife. Not the best situation when the next rider probably started 1min30 behind him. The guys a beast thought. I think I heard he still finished with a 46 kph average speed. 

Did they fine the FDJ dude that was drafting for half the TT?

So much for Jonas lack of form🤔 Game on!!!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Taddy's plan was as expected, the execution lacked some snap. If he was concerned about the high mountains coming, he'll be really second guessing things now. Don't underestimate the mind games.

Great ride Johas, you can give Remco his balls back now.

4 minutes ago, babse said:

apparently impossible for him to get better as the tour goes on...

haha this tour is dope!!!

Hahaha! 

18 minutes ago, peepeekaitjie said:

Vingegaard beating pog in a sprint. The tour is over

I think Pogi hunger flatted today rather than ran out of legs. I think he cooks Jonas today if he'd eaten more and hadn't run out of fuel. 

But... Whats ominous for Pogi is that Visma's plan to take time on him is usually to try and make day after day hard so that he burns 4000kJ + per day, and then go all in on the long steady climbs that suit Jonas. If he ran out of fuel today, that's not a good sign for the proper mountain stages in week 3. 

1 minute ago, Mountain Bru said:

I think Pogi hunger flatted today rather than ran out of legs. I think he cooks Jonas today if he'd eaten more and hadn't run out of fuel. 

But... Whats ominous for Pogi is that Visma's plan to take time on him is usually to try and make day after day hard so that he burns 4000kJ + per day, and then go all in on the long steady climbs that suit Jonas. If he ran out of fuel today, that's not a good sign for the proper mountain stages in week 3. 

Huh? UAE controlled and paced all day. They burnt themselves. Pogi has the Giro in his legs and is going balls to the wall for a nett result of nothing today.

Tried to test/tire Jonas but turns out he is a cyborg.

Goodluck to whoever is left to fight for the 3rd step on the podium.

12 minutes ago, Mountain Bru said:

Did he though? Cynical I know, but he seemed to fish around in his pockets for ages. I couldn't work out if he was looking for a gel or an excuse.

Whatever the case, these two are now going to knock the hell out of each other for the next week and a half. One a bit undercooked, one a bit overcooked.