Tour de France 2024

'Dale

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, J Wakefield said:

No they did not, those numbers are greatly inflated.

1766 VAM / 8.9% is not 6.8W/kg, it is 6.3W/kg. 

shot for that and chapeau to another rider in yellow on Wednesday. Great advert for S2S

7 hours ago, Vetplant said:

Climbing the ladder:

image.png.0250f2f6d1fedab742cfd474ad0ac6c0.png

When one looks at this table how can we not bow in reverence of Mr Hinault. Like Eddie before him those blokes just dominated everything including protesters

15 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

shot for that and chapeau to another rider in yellow on Wednesday. Great advert for S2S

Gracias, really happy for Jai and the Team, been good so far. The other 2 are on another planet for now. 

On 6/8/2023 at 1:09 PM, Nick said:

Just reading about the most controversial thing to happen in the tour for decades.

The green jersey is now going a darker (Skoda the sponsor) green. Possibly making it difficult to pick out in the peloton or sprint bunch.

Eeeuw

Barely noticeable in the sprint today compared the green of the past.

Was confusing hearing the commentators saying Jasper on van der Poels wheel... I had no idea it was him until they showed the frontal view 

6 minutes ago, Meezo said:

Eeeuw

Was confusing hearing the commentators saying Jasper on van der Poels wheel... I had no idea it was him until they showed the frontal view 

Agreed. The 'new' green jersey is classy and rad, but it sucks for TV and spectator purposes.

It's not a good change IMHO purely from a visual stand out point of view

I don’t know why a rider cannot take defeat like a man. Always have to blame someone or something for their failure. If he had won the bike would have been perfect. He should stop acting like a spoiled child. The other sprinters are just beter than him at the moment

17 hours ago, J Wakefield said:

No they did not, those numbers are greatly inflated.

1766 VAM / 8.9% is not 6.8W/kg, it is 6.3W/kg. 

Thanks, everytime LR says those kinds of numbers I get a bit suspicious, I wonder how he calculates them

Although with the shimano power meter Pogi might have done 9w/kg 😄

Edited by Jbr

11 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Not a good advert for Shimano

not shimano's fault, Alpecin's bikes have been flawless. I'd say it's more the mechanics... and for some reason he's changing bikes at 50km not sure why, maybe the other bike also had issues

12 hours ago, Meezo said:

Yeah... I must say I do like the colour, but it is useless as a distinctive jersey. If anything it makes the rider invisible, you don't know which team he's in and you certainly can't tell it's the green jersey

Edited by Jbr

13 hours ago, zeerpuD1 said:

I don’t know why a rider cannot take defeat like a man. Always have to blame someone or something for their failure. If he had won the bike would have been perfect. He should stop acting like a spoiled child. The other sprinters are just beter than him at the moment

This was my initial reaction too BUT if you blame others then do you avoid doubting your own abilities? You come across badly but one way to keep your head in the game for the next sprint. Especially with MvdP and Jasper firing.

I've never been a Cav fan but I hope he does get that win. 

Jasper the disaster is currently schooling the rest...

Ek smaak-it baie. Now just to work on my peak power over 30 mins. 😇

New-yet-to-be-released Enve handlebars. GP 5000 TT TR tyres. Carbon Ti disc rotors (about 400 you-rows each) and chain ring as aftermarket upgrades. 32c tyres which I imagine is for more comfort to support the UAE GC leader's wrist still healing up. Darimo carbon seat post, unbranded (which will cost 319 you-rows) and coming in at roughly 7.245 kgs.

Pic: Bikeradar / Simon von Bromley / Our Media

spacer.png

16 hours ago, zeerpuD1 said:

Quick to blame without seeing the run in properly!!.  Perhaps watch the Breakaway on GCN+ where there showed the slow motion of his gears jumping and of him sitting down, getting back up and looking down at his gears.

That being said, I think Philipsen would have still beat him, although it would have been a lot closer.  Philipsen is on top form at the moment and all the other sprinters are going to struggle to beat him.