Tour de France 2024

'Dale

1 hour ago, lechatnoir said:

I'll admit that a little bit of wee came out when I saw this...

working from home took on a whole new meaning... as did Netflix and chill....

as good as expected?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Nick said:

Just reading about the most controversial thing to happen in the tour for decades.

The green jersey is now going a darker (Skoda the sponsor) green. Possibly making it difficult to pick out in the peloton or sprint bunch.

kinda looks like it's been Schkoda green for a while?

image.jpeg.7c5f83c557959692c18dd8ed8464577a.jpeg cdn.skoda-storyboard.com/2017/11/170313-%C5%A0K...

3 hours ago, TheoG said:

Anyone else think JV is making a mistake not to include Roglic?  The tag team efforts with Jonas last year played a big role in defeating Pogacar.

Also if something go wrong with Jonas, Rolgic can be a solid backup for GC competition .... 🤷‍♂️

I think it could be tight, Pog hasn't had the best run up to the tour being injured, but at the same time some of that rest could have done him a world of good, just think they are possibly working hard to make up some training without blowing up come the Tour. Team UAE has looked a lot more solid this year, and Jumbo is always a strong, connected team, Cannot wait for the TDF to start and see who gets the better of the other this year.

18 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

kinda looks like it's been Schkoda green for a while?

image.jpeg.7c5f83c557959692c18dd8ed8464577a.jpeg cdn.skoda-storyboard.com/2017/11/170313-%C5%A0K...

Apparently the green changed last year... Damn, the marketing is working!

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/skoda-world/skoda-unveils-its-new-logo-colours-and-future-identity/

This is the replica being sold on Le Tour store.

image.png

It looks classy but I'll never win one, so I just want to see it on TV clearly 😆

1 hour ago, TheoG said:

Maybe not last year but the previous year he seriously put TP in the hurt on his own, so unlike you, I think he can beat him one on one, but lets see, going to be awesome.

Yeah that ventoux stage was soemthing to watch.

I do think poggie has since taken his riding to even greater levels, even with his injury (rest time), I feel he is the man to beat. 

Anyway, I cant wait to see JV throw the kitchen sink, oven and stove at him. 

Here is hoping for an awesome aggressive tour, where riders take it head on, ride like they stole it, attack, attack, attack!!!!  And not a me watching you, watching me, watching you, watching everyone else, kind of tour.

8 minutes ago, Nick said:

Apparently the green changed last year... Damn, the marketing is working!

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/skoda-world/skoda-unveils-its-new-logo-colours-and-future-identity/

This is the replica being sold on Le Tour store.

image.png

It looks classy but I'll never win one, so I just want to see it on TV clearly 😆

I like the previous green better, but I'm sure this will stand out enough to see nicely.

About the big budget 3 giants in the World Tour:

JV: Some speculation around the media that Jumbo-Vlisma quietly aims to be the first team in history to win all 3 Grand Tours. Hence, Roglič going home after being away from home for nearly two months preparing for the Giro. 
Meanwhile. Vingegaard is running a 1x at the Dauphinè (at least for yesterday’s stage)

UAE: Pogačar to race two days before the TdF and that is Slovenian Champs (road race and TT). Off to altitude camp now after big volume on the road wearing a wrist brace.

IG: Bernal progressing steadily. Lots of race days. 30th thereabouts on GC at the Dauphinè. X Factor for the big French race. No other GC leaders in the stable there or is my Friday brain a bit slow?
EDIT: How can I forget about Pidcock or is he on the mountain bike this summer? I wonder what his long term career arc in the GC arena is. Hmmm.

Who can compete with the big 3? I think they’ve won 9 of the last 10 Grand Tours or something like that. 

Image-31.png

Edited by 'Dale

On 4/29/2023 at 7:59 PM, 'Dale said:

Unchained issie naam

so who is bingeing it?

25 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

so who is bingeing it?

I’m pacing it: one day, one episode at a time.

First episode was okay, as I was expecting a bit more.

On 6/9/2023 at 12:00 PM, 'Dale said:

About the big budget 3 giants in the World Tour:

JV: Some speculation around the media that Jumbo-Vlisma quietly aims to be the first team in history to win all 3 Grand Tours. Hence, Roglič going home after being away from home for nearly two months preparing for the Giro. 
Meanwhile. Vingegaard is running a 1x at the Dauphinè (at least for yesterday’s stage)

UAE: Pogačar to race two days before the TdF and that is Slovenian Champs (road race and TT). Off to altitude camp now after big volume on the road wearing a wrist brace.

IG: Bernal progressing steadily. Lots of race days. 30th thereabouts on GC at the Dauphinè. X Factor for the big French race. No other GC leaders in the stable there or is my Friday brain a bit slow?
EDIT: How can I forget about Pidcock or is he on the mountain bike this summer? I wonder what his long term career arc in the GC arena is. Hmmm.

Who can compete with the big 3? I think they’ve won 9 of the last 10 Grand Tours or something like that. 

Image-31.png

I think Bernal is way off the pace to even think about GC. Not sure what the deal is with Pidcock but he couldn’t hold Pog’s wheel at some of the classics.

I think Pog would have been clear favourite based on his form but that injury has thrown a spanner in the works especially with how Jonas looked at the Dauphine. Honestly can’t wait now. We just need an accident and illness free tour now. Let’s hope.

Yeah that Netfliix thing was nice to watch, but doubt it will bring as much spotlight on the sport as drive to survive did to f1, I was way more into that one. Maybe because I know more about TdF than I do about F1 too. They've ignored quite a lot of stuff (Magnus Cort off the front every day at the begining, they didn't fully show how insane VanAert was in my opinion, they completely removed the handshake after Pogi's fall in the last few days...). Anyways, was still good to watch and I'm looking forward to TdF now, also super hyped to return to racing ASAP !

For 23, I really don't think we'll have such a fantastic tour as we had last year, I'm really hoping Pogi will beat his best but who knows. Right now I'm expecting a JV show but hope to be very wrong. Looking forward to it though.

Edited by Jbr

43 minutes ago, Jbr said:

Yeah that Netfliix thing was nice to watch, but doubt it will bring as much spotlight on the sport as drive to survive did to f1, I was way more into that one. Maybe because I know more about TdF than I do about F1 too. They've ignored quite a lot of stuff (Magnus Cort off the front every day at the begining, they didn't show fully show how insane VanAert was in my opinion, they completely removed the handshake avec Pogi's fall in the last few days...). Anyways, was still good to watch and I'm looking forward to TdF now, also super hyped to return to racing ASAP !

For 23, I really don't think we'll have such a fantastic tour as we had last year, I'm really hoping Pogi will beat his best but who knows. Right now I'm expecting a JV show but hope to be very wrong. Looking forward to it though.

I watched 4 episodes now and these are my initial thoughts so far:

- First episode was weird tbh. They placed a lot of emphasis on Jakobsen and Bisseger. I dont even think Bisseger was like in the top 5 favourites for that stage and they placed everything around him. Not sure why they went with this angle for EF.

- Wout Van Aert is a ******* monster of a cyclist. He’s a huge personality as well. 

- The episode when Pogacar got double teamed was amazing. The production value was tops and you actually got to see just how much he was suffering that day. The way they showed both Roglic and Vingegaard attacking him constantly was great.

- I love the passion we get to see from the teams. We don’t really get to see this during the race but here you can actually see just how much 1 stage win means to these teams.

Looking forward to watch the rest now.