Ciovita Corsa 2.0 vs First Ascent Domestique

PappaWatTrap

My experience:

The CIOVITA CORSA 2.0 comfortable, but material do not last long (See through, not nice sight).  The  CIOVITA SUPPREMO material no issue, but to much padding for me.  Still using it for 1 - 2 hour rides (no material issues, being using it for a long time).

I decide to spend some $ and got ASSOS GT and ASSOS GT C2.  The ASSOS great for and long distance (not to thick padding).  No material issues

Paid good price at Bike Addict for ASSOS. Cheaper than CIOVITA SUPPREMO (was a special).

If somebody is interested I do have a CIOVITA SUPPREMO XL (black).  Used 3 times.  Make me a price (bit embarrassed to sell "used" bib, but still new).  To big for me. Using  L size

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My corsa 2 also went see through at the butt crack after about a years use. Corsa 1 is faded after 5 years, but at least not see through.

I think it is time to save up and try an assos

I’ve seen many ciovita bibs with fabric run s that cause the “display the dvd drive slot” phenomenon. I haven’t checked mine yet but I wonder if it’s a size issue caused by wearing a bib snug (as they should be) and this causing stress fractures in the fabric pile.

• 7 months later...
On 2/26/2023 at 4:08 PM, ChrisF said:

Bought cycling shorts at Rapid Sports last week.  Yes, they have bibs as well, same padding.

Gave it a 133km trial run ....  VERY happy 👍👍

Now for the durability .... do know their tops are holding up nicely.

What is the verdict on the durability?

15 minutes ago, gerriemtb said:

What is the verdict on the durability?

3 000km later - NO issues.

Bought another Rapid Sports cycling shorts on Saturday, also another of their tops.

42 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

3 000km later - NO issues.

Bought another Rapid Sports cycling shorts on Saturday, also another of their tops.

Baie dankie!

Just got my first Ciovita and it's the Corsa bib and the Etape jersey.Most comfy shorts I've ever had and the fit of the jersey is brilliant, especially the band over the arms where the sleeve ends. Love them, plus best rain jacket I've ever had!

Edited by love2fly
Correct jersey