• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Both male and female ...

Screenshot_20221125-193836_Chrome.jpg.c32a28461fd4be36f43b8792e508b617.jpg

R100 more for the cargo bibs, than what they were yesterday on Ciovita's own site.

Edited by HdB

• 2 months later...

I bought a pair of Ciovita shorts in November and in December I contacted them beacuse the stitches was coming loose.  The second week in January they sent the courier (10 Jan) to collect the shorts and now, no reply via email.  I sent a couple of mails without any reply.  Should probably give them a ring. 

I received a mail on 20 Jan about a hold-up with the repair, but after that, nothing.  

After sale service not that good.

@CIOVITA

Edited by Super Sywurm

On 11/25/2022 at 1:35 PM, Skubarra said:

I see lots of peeps in Ciovita bibs so they must be doing something right more often than not. However I purchased 2 end of last year and neither of them lasted the full year before they were "see through" and I was grossing out peeps around me. And now that I'm aware of it I spot "see through" Ciovita bibs every now and then... So no thanks, will rather pay a bit more and have something that last longer than 6 months.

If you have a limited budget and liked the first ascent stuff in the past I would say stick with that. Personally I found them a bit uncomfortable on very long rides but they lasted longer for me than ciovitas.

I have a pair of bibs that are translucent and I was wondering whether there is some kind of recycling program or similar locallly like Rapha offers, or do these just get tossed?

The Ciovita corsa bib has been my go to bibs for a few years now and have outperformed several others that I have tried. I find the chamois especially has remained firm for a longer period while other (not cheap) brands tend to flatten out and lose support much quicker. I will agree with previous comments that if you go on rides longer than 3 hours, rather use bibs with a chamois designed for this. 

Ciovita Corsa 2.0 all the way for me. I've had a pair of Corsa 2.0 bibs for a couple of years and it's holding up very well. I wash them with a laundry detergent made for sports clothing, in a mesh laundry bag on a slow spin cycle. I did the Desert Dash in Namibia in the Ciovita Cargo bibs, which is basically the Corsa 2.0 with storage pockets on the side. 20 hours in the saddle and my bum was as well as I could've hoped for.

I would go as far as to say that I prefer the Corsa 2.0 over their much more expensive Apex bib. I purchased a pair of the Apex bibs for the Desert Dash and it really didn't work for me. I believe that the padding is actually too thick for me personally, so I went back to the Corsa 2.0. Many people are very happy with their Apex bibs though. Personally I'll stick with the Corsa 2.0, since I think it's a sweet spot between excellent quality, value for money and it works for me.

My 2 cents I have used both brands they were fair, First Ascent definitely does not last, and not made for long endurance events.

Made the change to Monton, never looked back

bibs for me are hihgly individual - think 'one man's meat is another man's poison' - what fits me may not fit you.

personally, I've found Corsa 2's to work well. for indoors where modesty can go out the window, my old Castelli bibs are still champs though - not only are they see-through, but they are also hole-y

30 minutes ago, Comrade J said:

My 2 cents I have used both brands they were fair, First Ascent definitely does not last, and not made for long endurance events.

Made the change to Monton, never looked back

I was just about to ask about Monton, I bought a  Ciovita Corsa 2 bib in December and must say they are very comfortable.

On 11/25/2022 at 1:35 PM, Skubarra said:

I see lots of peeps in Ciovita bibs so they must be doing something right more often than not. However I purchased 2 end of last year and neither of them lasted the full year before they were "see through" and I was grossing out peeps around me. And now that I'm aware of it I spot "see through" Ciovita bibs every now and then... So no thanks, will rather pay a bit more and have something that last longer than 6 months.

If you have a limited budget and liked the first ascent stuff in the past I would say stick with that. Personally I found them a bit uncomfortable on very long rides but they lasted longer for me than ciovitas.

I thought see through bibs was a fashion statement 

2 minutes ago, Mamil said:

I thought see through bibs was a fashion statement 

i think you'll find that the ones wearing see-through bibs are the ones that shouldn't. I suspect the converse is also true...

27 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

i think you'll find that the ones wearing see-through bibs are the ones that shouldn't. I suspect the converse is also true...

It was about two weekends ago in cradle, and there was a "Aunty" in her "see through" ciovita's🙃

I am still in shock.......

Where do one buy the Monton bibs. I have seen a .com site but always unsure of scammers. The popup adds on facebook has caught me out once with a set of earphones. 

15 minutes ago, Comrade J said:

It was about two weekends ago in cradle, and there was a "Aunty" in her "see through" ciovita's🙃

I am still in shock.......

we've all been there... it's like two dogs in a bag, fighting.

the only difference with my new one-day-only Corsa 2's is that you can't see my dogs fighting...