[Event] The Gallows

The Gallows

1 hour ago, Kom said:

Getting ready to print the gallows route, insane just how high that galge climb is in relation to the rest of the route seeing it in 3D - i dont think ive seen another route like thisĀ šŸ„µ

Ā 

Ā 

image.png

maybe add a hanging gallow at the top to signify that you've either just escaped death or that you just died metaphorically of courseĀ 

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Kom said:

Slightly Improved model - will post actual print shortly -->

image.png.f6267e3f6dd8d018892567ee3c9b55f4.png

This looks so cool.. Why does the climb not look at large here compared to the last one you posted?

4 minutes ago, mathewk said:

This looks so cool.. Why does the climb not look at large here compared to the last one you posted?

image.png.85e9bb747add313c808d9f7ca1202dda.png

to make the plate frame-able, ive taken away the elevation from Galge, so left enough behind to emphasize the climb but it fits into a normal picture frame

7 minutes ago, mathewk said:

not enough plastic in the world to finish printing it

On 5/24/2024 at 5:30 PM, Kom said:

Turned out ok šŸ‘ŒšŸ»Ā 

IMG_5286.jpeg

This would look cool hanging on a wall with a light shining from above and the shadows giving an indication of route profile. But also if the shadows for the logo form the actual logo. If that makes sense.

28 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

This would look cool hanging on a wall with a light shining from above and the shadows giving an indication of route profile. But also if the shadows for the logo form the actual logo. If that makes sense.

I've printed a small easel to display it on, actually works well as a desk ornament. The key ring size tags also came out nicely.

IMG_5340.jpeg

IMG_5339.jpeg

IMG_5343.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

That would make a great medal.

Jumping ahead, would be cool if there was a "collect em all" plaque collection across the major gravel events in the WC i.e Swartberg 100, Gallows, Ronde van Riebeek, Around the Pot, Race 2 Sea etc

The Western Cape's own lifetime series šŸ„‡- points table, leaderboard, overall champion etc

Edited by Kom

On 5/24/2024 at 5:30 PM, Kom said:

Turned out ok šŸ‘ŒšŸ»Ā 

IMG_5286.jpeg

This looks so cool with the shadowā€”amazing stuff man!

20 hours ago, Kom said:

Jumping ahead, would be cool if there was a "collect em all" plaque collection across the major gravel events in the WC i.e Swartberg 100, Gallows, Ronde van Riebeek, Around the Pot, Race 2 Sea etc

The Western Cape's own lifetime series šŸ„‡- points table, leaderboard, overall champion etc

I'd definitely pursue collecting those!!

Hey guys!

If you're looking for another gravel weekend, have a squizz at our friendsĀ https://roadtodesolation.cc/

It's honestly one of the best race routes and vibes on the calendar. Sure, Graaff-Reinet is DEEP, but its totally worth the mission. The roadtrip is part of the vibe. The town buzzes over the race weekend.

Can't recommend this event hard enough.Ā 

Hope to see some of you guys up there, and also keen to hear what stings more... Galgeberg or The Valley.

OAGBFR

Ā 

don't forget our Greyton canola Roller at the end of September...it has some really hard climbs and technical sections but the views will be worth it!!