sram gx axs derailleur battery pin damaged

MORNE1102

Hi guys. 
I have a problem with my sram gx axs derailleur’s right hand battery connector pin. The pin is spring loaded it seem and extends to sit flush with the battery. Problem is it seems to be damaged and only extends half way on its own. To get the Mec to work you have to pull the pin out to its default position with a “tweezer” (I know right..) 

is there anyone that can possibly repair the connector? 

Out of warranty and I don’t want to replace the Mec just for this silly issue.  Any help will be really appreciated 

I had the exact same problem. The tiny spring behind the pin collapsed and the pin no longer made contact with the battery. After many "fixes" including paper, wire, glue and solder I had to eventually replace the derailleur. I could not find anyone that could repair it.

Sorry for the bad news but good luck

From what I can recall one can source those pins. Would be an electronic component not a specific SRAM part. It is repairable and ultimately depends on your technical expertise !

1 hour ago, LUZERN said:

I had the exact same problem. The tiny spring behind the pin collapsed and the pin no longer made contact with the battery. After many "fixes" including paper, wire, glue and solder I had to eventually replace the derailleur. I could not find anyone that could repair it.

Sorry for the bad news but good luck

Do you still have the derailleur? Willing to buy from you or repair for you 

Update on the topic. I ended up taking the battery cover off and soldering on some pins from my charger. the entire process was a pain and to be honest I'd rather recommend taking the mec to a pro electrical shop to get fixed... You will need a few tools and I had to improvise. 

Now on to the real issue, One should not have to cannibalize a charger to reuse pogo pins. The real problem here is a very very poor design from SRAM IMHO. I don't understand why you would use parts that's bound to fail on a non serviceable item. It would have made a lot more sense using the pin idea on the battery instead of the mec or perhaps something that doesnt require a spring loaded 0.3mm pin.

If and lets rather say when this fails again, i'm buying a new Shimano groupo. SRAM can go suck on a pogo pin.   

Thats part of the problem of all this crap getting more electronic. Avarage joe cant fix it anymore. When the time comes, my gx axs is also getting replaced with a mechanical setup.

Recently built a another bike up for myself with slx 12 speed and i can hand on hart say that i prefer it over the axs. 

3 hours ago, MORNE said:

Thats part of the problem of all this crap getting more electronic. Avarage joe cant fix it anymore. When the time comes, my gx axs is also getting replaced with a mechanical setup.

Recently built a another bike up for myself with slx 12 speed and i can hand on hart say that i prefer it over the axs. 

And cassettes are a tad cheaper too? :ph34r:

12 hours ago, Mtree said:

And cassettes are a tad cheaper too? :ph34r:

Ahah… i must admit my mtb is back on mechanical xtr and it works beautifully 😉 But I don’t mind the GX/Rival combo that is now on my Gravel bike either 👌

@AkwA or @LUZERN if you need a controler for that new/old derailleur, I have a mtb one I’m not using since I moved my derailleur to the gravel bike ! Not sure what it’s worth

Edited by Jbr

15 hours ago, Jbr said:

@AkwA or @LUZERN if you need a controler for that new/old derailleur, I have a mtb one I’m not using since I moved my derailleur to the gravel bike ! Not sure what it’s worth

Really appreciate the offer, but Luzern is out of the country for a while, so unable to check if they still have the der, but I have seen them for sale in the classified for R2000-2500

• 4 weeks later...

Chaps, I managed to fix it pretty easily. The micro spring is hard to get to, and even harder to replace. The easier solution is just a bit of solder on the end of the pin. Works 100%

• 2 months later...

I have an issue with my AXS battery charger.  I have 2 batteries and its doing the same thing with both.  The orange light comes on for a short while and then goes off, nothing else ... 😒

How/Where do I get it fixed?  It should still be under warranty.

Edit:  Never mind, it look like the USB port on my laptop cant supply enough current.  Strange since that's where I charged it for a long time.  Its charging fine now from a different power source.

Edited by TheoG

No probs, glad you sorted it out bud. 
in my very humble opinion on SRAM I would say the product/s in general is made pretty sub standard. I constantly need to fiddle with my brand new battery charger as well.