• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the 30km Wolseley MTB funride yesterday with the wife,was really frustrating at times as 'race pace' was slowed down to this.

Good on your wife!!! I admire couples that are at different levels that can ride together and not kill each other. Tell her well bloody done!!!

Well done. That is tough going out there. Just hope it hasn't put her off riding at all. Well done.

It seems that the bug has actually bitten again for her as last night she asked if we could go riding again today.She did another 35km ride today,but only with about 200m ascent.

Good on your wife!!! I admire couples that are at different levels that can ride together and not kill each other. Tell her well bloody done!!!

We were getting a bit iretated with each other today,but luckely we just kept calm and peddled on.We rode around the Rawsonville and Slanghoek area again with a couple of friends.post-54774-1439755192,5657.jpgHad some nice and cool weather and fortunately very little wind.post-54774-1439755269,9126.jpg

About 5km from the end we did hit a snag.The sidewall on her tyre started tearing apart and she was scared to ride it with the tube exposed.We exchanged bikes and I did about 200m with her bike before the tube popped and I had to push.Somebody's getting tubeless done.post-54774-1439755591,9778.jpg

A bit LOTS... of fun at Heia yesterday... :thumbup:

attachicon.gifIMG_6557.JPG

after a loop of yellow got stuck into doing the berms over and  over and over ... ..................and over :clap:

attachicon.gifIMG_6563.JPG

we were like two kids ^_^ big smiles

I still want to go ride the new things...heard that it is fun!

I saw these two giants on my ride yesterday.

Terrible quality photo but I was *** scared of them, snapped the pic and got the hell out of there.

attachicon.gif20150815_095250.jpg

Key is to always stay downwind of them, but yes, you did the smart thing, because they are two tons of pure muscle, bad attitude and a sharp front end!

Took the old girl for a spin up the west Coast. I never get tired of this view, great bike, great mountain, bloody Southeaster, it's not supposed to blow this time of year!

Lekker bike, lekker shamals!!

Haven't got a MTB yet(still waiting for a hubber to respond), but this is where my feet have taken me... so far :)  I'm a newbie here so I thought I'd share some of my fond nature memories I'v experienced with my feet. This was all taken in Stellenbosch.

post-80436-0-24504500-1440200961_thumb.jpg

post-80436-0-19308400-1440200964_thumb.jpg

post-80436-0-49981100-1440200966_thumb.jpg

post-80436-0-35962700-1440201147_thumb.jpg

post-80436-0-64062000-1440201149_thumb.jpg

My type of commuting:

Beautiful Cape weather. Raced the clock from work to watch my boys play hockey. Got there as the game started. Without my glasses, even "saw" my youngest out on the field. Couldn't see my eldest and after 15 minutes realized that I was watching a totally different team. Discovered that they were playing at the opponents field 5km away. Raced there through the crazy afternoon traffic, to arrive just in time for the game to finish. Went for a nice solitary ride up the mountain and got home in a much better mood. No pictures of this one, sorry.