• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one guys!!!!

I suspect no where for me to ride this week, about to head out with the family after working for 2 weeks of my leave at home. This week I am gonna HOLIDAY it up!!!!!!!!

We did our traditional ride up to the top of the Soutpansberg , starting out last year a few hours before midnight timing our arrival on top of the mountain for Midnight to view the Fireworks in the town from above:

The ride thru Hanglip plantation and up to the military radar station and back home was 30km with 850metre of ascent.

post-63-0-76448800-1514784838_thumb.jpg

We did our traditional ride up to the top of the Soutpansberg , starting out last year a few hours before midnight timing our arrival on top of the mountain for Midnight to view the Fireworks in the town from above........................

I should have done the same here on Table mountain, because the @#%&ing school across from my house rented their hall out to a happy clappy church, or rather a dumb bunch of inconsiderate assholes who do not care for their fellow man, disrespect their neighbours and generally deserve to spend eternity somewhere in a special purgatory where they play bad opera until 5 in the morning. 

Yes, 5 in the morning, in a residential area. The torture finally stopped just as it started getting light.......my time to get up for my ride Now all I have to show for it is a headache and a seriously the moer in attitude. Having coffee, then I'll see if I can make 2018 better  :cursing:

I need to make a plan this year to ride in the Soutpansberg. I am in Polokwane, so it really is not that far. Happy mew year all!!!

Happy new year fellow Hubbers

Had a lekker interval session yesterday

965a3fc9d40eeb0474087cdb3c2e5b68.jpg

This morning the wind is blowing the vaalies home so I jumped in the paincave (pic just for reference)

aa94c487a5c90ba8d2ac713d062c9218.jpg

Started 2018 with a bang. Literally. Usual backyard ride that I hit weekly and that I am able to do with my eyes closed (almost), didn't go too well this morning.

Weekly routine: 

Pedal from door to Rhodes Memorial side of Table Mountain. Proceed with the short but punchy climb (with some hike-a-bike) to the top of a trail segment tagged on Strava as "The Single Track". Pause. Catch breath. Hydrate. Turn around. Enjoy the fast descent back to Rhodes Memorial lower parking area. Cruise home. Total of 15km with about 400m elevation gain. Considered a short ride by most, but I find that its a steep climb (https://www.strava.com/activities/1335125783) so the work out is solid and most importantly, the descent is fun and practically in my backyard.

Didn't quite get down safely this morning. Watch each clip till the end. First clip is a trail segment known/tagged as "The Single Track" on Strava. My favourite segment this side of Table Mountain (39 second PR). Rest of the descent is made up of pretty basic jeep and single track. Nothing serious. No jumps, drop-offs or anything of the sort. Not even good berms to rail. The descent is nice and fast though due to the steep'ish gradient. Just be cautious and courteous to hikers. After all, the trails are shared. This morning the trails were rather quiet so I was able to have some fun. Well. Sort of.

Warning: last video contains some expletives  :oops: .

Edited by Stressed Eric

......................Pedal from door to Rhodes Memorial side of Table Mountain. ..............

My backyard :thumbup: