• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw this little guy on the side of the trail at Conters this morning.

always fascinated by hem. We have golden orb spiders in the garden sometimes. hugely strong web.

Up the Rhodes Memorial Hill..................for hill repeats with D................except that calling my one effort a "repeat" is a bit of a trumpism :blush: I need to re-construct some fitness after this crazy jackhammer of a year broke my routine into a thousand pieces that I was still busy re-arranging and gluing back together when the 2nd wave broke it again. I guess some base training is called for. Come on 2021, please be a boring year! 

post-17716-0-58004000-1609087450_thumb.jpg

Edited by DJR

D passing my favourite local Fever Tree, just around the corner from home. It always reminds me of the wilder parts of Africa, of swamps, bad roads, bugs, mud, getting stuck and adventure. Although they are not normally found in the Western Cape, the City of Cape Town planted many of them a decade or more ago, to add something African to a city that had almost exclusively alien trees on its sidewalks and in its parks. (They also planted Camel Thorns and Soetdorings) They do extremely well, grow quickly and is beautiful - a constant reminder that we are firmly attached to Africa! 

post-17716-0-26187700-1609132554_thumb.jpg

I am envious of all the rides.

Got my first ride in 2 weeks.

Took me back to work!

Roads finally dry enough to ride.

D passing my favourite local Fever Tree, just around the corner from home. It always reminds me of the wilder parts of Africa, of swamps, bad roads, bugs, mud, getting stuck and adventure. Although they are not normally found in the Western Cape, the City of Cape Town planted many of them a decade or more ago, to add something African to a city that had almost exclusively alien trees on its sidewalks and in its parks. (They also planted Camel Thorns and Soetdorings) They do extremely well, grow quickly and is beautiful - a constant reminder that we are firmly attached to Africa! 

Best one yet - great work!!!

would gladly hang that on my wall 

Edited by xamnam

Wind is blowing a gale,rain is bucketing down and it’s -4deg outside[emoji100][emoji948][emoji943][emoji3063][emoji3587].Going nowhere today except maybe the idt later.4e686e6b66253db83c3d7b4b236ab3c0.jpg

Lekker weather to vegetate on the couch watching the cricket and thinking about going for a run when the rain stops.....after some apple pie or choc chip panettone

Lekker weather to vegetate on the couch watching the cricket and thinking about going for a run when the rain stops.....after some apple pie or choc chip panettone

Safe to assume you are not working this week?

Got to know some of the rocks a lot closer than I wanted to today, was shown some of the more tech trails by Hilton ( the trail builder, not the town) and ended up doing a scorpion, due to lack of skills, loose slippery rocks and hesitation.

Some cuts and bruises, but managed to stay out of the emergency room. There is enough ugly stuff on the internet, my bloody mutt is not going to be one of them.

Gonna spend the rest of the day lounging around, feeling sorry for myself.