Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

21 hours ago, Vetseun said:

Lil gravel grindScreenshot_20220326-171400_Strava.jpg.ca86f5f7fbb738ce90805b093882613a.jpg

I thought it was supposed to be a 100 miler 🤔

respek tjom 

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Chill Pilletjie After Worckx

1DEAF581-5D16-41E5-8CC8-62BBCF1536E4.jpeg

how are you enjoying those Pirelli Cinturato's ?

On 3/27/2022 at 10:54 AM, ChrisF said:

Coffee at Potbelly

Screenshot_20220327-105055_WhatsApp.jpg.27e025002068ce8828fc469f4f547dec.jpg

Whenever I stop there, I end up with half a lamb in the back of the bakkie . . . maybe next time I should rather pedal there, and that will save my wallet, but my braais will be less tasty that's for sure. Oh, and the coffee is good too.

16 minutes ago, ouzo said:

how are you enjoying those Pirelli Cinturato's ?

@ouzo They're 28c so smooth and seems really rugged, yet slippery and racey. I am convinced. They are toobless and I had zero issues during the waterpolo Argus.

14 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

@ouzo They're 28c so smooth and seems really rugged, yet slippery and racey. I am convinced. They are toobless and I had zero issues during the waterpolo Argus.

on my second set. They can certainly take a beating too.

34 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Whenever I stop there, I end up with half a lamb in the back of the bakkie . . . maybe next time I should rather pedal there, and that will save my wallet, but my braais will be less tasty that's for sure. Oh, and the coffee is good too.

We buy all our meat from Annetjie.  It comes directly from their family farm

Certainly cheaper to cycle there ... 😋

my bike took me nowhere today.

Last night I was fully committed to riding this morning, despite not having a great sleep I still got up with the alarm @ 5am, but the apprehension brought on by the recent muggings on my route got the better of me and I went back to bed.

I cant let them win though, I will be back out there.

3 minutes ago, ouzo said:

Last night I was fully committed to riding this morning, despite not having a great sleep I still got up with the alarm @ 5am, but the apprehension brought on by the recent muggings on my route got the better of me and I went back to bed.

Charged the lights and Garmin last night ....

Got up at 5.00 .... actually the wind woke me before the alarm .... saw droplets on the paving .... 

No outdoors ride today for me

19 minutes ago, ouzo said:

I'm in the same boat as you, since we're in the same general area. I'm generally not fussed and ride solo 99% of the time, but the increase in reports have me a bit nervous. As much as I enjoy the social aspect of group riding, the inconvenience and inflexibility it brings frustrates me. Still, went out with the group this morning rather and had a good time (being the only MTB in a quick roadie group is always fun to me).

I’m on leave this week; brother visiting from the land of UK. Might be hard getting on the trainer let alone outside.

1 minute ago, TyronLab said:

I'm in the same boat as you, since we're in the same general area. I'm generally not fussed and ride solo 99% of the time, but the increase in reports have me a bit nervous. As much as I enjoy the social aspect of group riding, the inconvenience and inflexibility it brings frustrates me. Still, went out with the group this morning rather and had a good time (being the only MTB in a quick roadie group is always fun to me).

I also prefer solo rides. bicycle line starts very close to where I am, but they start at 4:30, not sure I can bring myself to get up that early, it already feels like the middle of the night when leaving at 5:30

1 minute ago, ouzo said:

I also prefer solo rides. bicycle line starts very close to where I am, but they start at 4:30, not sure I can bring myself to get up that early, it already feels like the middle of the night when leaving at 5:30

I'm the opposite. I need to be back by 05:30/05:45 ideally, so most group rides start and finish too late for me. Rides usually start at 04:10 regardless of day. I can ride to Modderfontein, do a big loop, ride back and still catch my family in PJs having clocked ~100k before 09:30. I have little interest in sitting and shooting the **** with a bunch of semi-rando's for an hour in the middle of a 70k ride that only starts at 0700.

7 minutes ago, TyronLab said:

I'm the opposite. I need to be back by 05:30/05:45 ideally, so most group rides start and finish too late for me. Rides usually start at 04:10 regardless of day. I can ride to Modderfontein, do a big loop, ride back and still catch my family in PJs having clocked ~100k before 09:30. I have little interest in sitting and shooting the **** with a bunch of semi-rando's for an hour in the middle of a 70k ride that only starts at 0700.

I'm also normally back while the family is still trying to roll out of bed, but during the week that is 6:30.

Also have no interest in sitting in a bunch with random people all flexing their egos, but have considered this for 1) safety 2) longer rides

i guess the first step is for me to visit BL and get onto their whatsapp group, thats one step closer