• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

as the spring struggles to take over in the northern hemisphere....the winter winds...the sun that appears....you become grateful for this...the lure of a road bike is absent ....the mtb is still your no1 bike...the urban mtb is a cross between roads and riding to find a forest or other paths...well tomorrow we ride again...

20220331_164143.jpg

So I chose maybe the windiest day of the year to attempt Banhoek again, and was reminded anew why it is my absolute favourite trail. I just love the place. Riding there is maybe the most fun you can have on a mountain bike. 

yeugbKvH1aYw5knGwlYvVGo-We_IdQOnYSufzpQ1XXLHnbOrg3YhVVNTUYyugAVMvvSFz61AsyBLoBPGeMWXi7_-HprzEBvwe7Rgl7zNeddKZoufUxmKTFEHH31vj4wd48-yl7cvV_yFzcxhisxFCduHYkmALnhBlnTvtg1HR0kgSH77uDffWeDQs4NonOapXr5jeJKP9zzwDvH0xWwPBcX4bFytb9SbrzWdRaW7KFLWQQdC-MsIcU6ePY2pWzQUZFohDVY4Evg2JUHiB3Xmb5NOx_sWWN8sEImbQ_ChsEdj5B1VpcCxrJCmc4nBTWwEtIxGAxuWgOWEBGxbKYreavl8UNoqA9L9qfHtiT_tci0VKKeg37N-hYTQ4CVq-Yy7str09-QKSo6Ksp_E5HyTOOtQZypiDRKtGR5OqjIFpVt_AvyhaD2IcR0CySNm0vCbWn0oT4-NrkBtMg9MojBpN9qeLB_H1xZMmde46SrXz8f1ojS6dnvpKLlqYN3vTXQ643GzAa2fXdK8n3fCbWrnD8bg9-JI8uomwLjEkLjlvLT--uhx4gDSEInLmIqJXkx_Q1AI9MB6YpZN2v76lhbkPDj87jf-TPLIvgHwnhiHFNFOeidNtLpNdYBiDwJwz7qqKTenWvT4MpLw5WXbqJjIiXBqq9FgDNOugnlV-x_QRpN_RiXby2Tt8LGD-bg8O8jj2KUnVqPBH_Wg7bdCuDVa_vXyYwnHjNlxUnRYFcQiIA2jUXp9YkAE6CvsJv-aidONMoMSorgMZXJFIjUUwphI5PeLz-Sm226oMJJGibJ_Y0aAjEgSSRrm2hqcmedKu9tdUTJR0jM=w1420-h799-no?authuser=0

I must confess at absolutely flipping my lid at the two stoopid hoomans plonking up the Cape Cobra line. Imagine my surprise by hitting a hip jump and while mid-air I notice these two idjits just standing there, right were I was supposed to land . . . crisis averted, and my moer meter firmly busting through the red line into uncharted territory I start chasing them down and at the last second veer away, back onto the track and beelined straight for my bakkie to rather go home.

I am still not sure what I would have done had I actually reached them while they made haste to get the heck away from the raving lunatic foaming at the mouth and shouting obscenities. 

The wind was waaay to windy for proper pics. Next time they'll be better.

two choices sometimes...sit in front of the tv( Flanders ) or get on the bike and go....the go moments were worth it...finding a few more paths and trails for a decent bike ride ...and even decided to have a little slow slide tumble in some chalk surface...all good fun...and its been a while since I said that...

20220403_095251.jpeg

9 minutes ago, ouzo said:

blue sky, dry sand. could not have been Sunday or Today.

Jip.  Was Saturday morning's ride with the Single Track gang.  

47 minutes ago, Spinnekop said:

Out East of Pretoria

38 minutes ago, ouzo said:

blue sky, dry sand. could not have been Sunday or Today.

28 minutes ago, Spinnekop said:

Jip.  Was Saturday morning's ride with the Single Track gang.  

Some strange forecasts from the weather apps of late.
On Friday lunch time, it showed rain and overcast conditions for Saturday.
On Saturday lunch time, it showed mostly sunny for the afternoon yet it was completely overcast and raining.

AD29DCC4-C5F3-4840-B949-DB03A968B060.jpeg

8E6736E3-117D-497F-BC95-AACAED256E14.jpeg

Edited by Frosty

4 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Some strange forecasts from the weather apps of late.
On Friday lunch time, it showed rain and overcast conditions for Saturday.
On Saturday lunch time, it showed mostly sunny for the afternoon yet it was completely overcast and raining.

AD29DCC4-C5F3-4840-B949-DB03A968B060.jpeg

8E6736E3-117D-497F-BC95-AACAED256E14.jpeg

yep, actual weather vs app weather (across multiple apps) seemed to be opposite to each other.

p'd me off. I need to do a longish ride to make the final decision on a saddle I've been testing. Could not do that as planned yesterday. With 2 weeks to go until I do a 100 miler I was hoping to have a saddle dialed in etc. before then.

2 hours ago, ouzo said:

With 2 weeks to go until I do a 100 miler I was hoping to have a saddle dialed in etc. before then.

You’ll be fine.