Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Today's a normal work day for me :thumbdown:

BUT...., I did some extra prep yesterday  :thumbup:

So.. I managed a sunrise start at HAP at Heia Safari ^_^ before dashing back.

post-6012-0-10950200-1430476411_thumb.jpg

always stunning views on the Red loop

post-6012-0-07602600-1430476426_thumb.jpg

not a big fan of posting pics of myself, so doesn't happen often..

BUT this ride was so good, I pooped rainbows. :clap:(AND had a Camelhorse sit on my handlebar)

HAD to share ^_^

post-6012-0-70122800-1430476457_thumb.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_4678.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4658.JPG

BUT this ride was so good, I pooped rainbows. :clap:(AND had a Camelhorse sit on my handlebar)

HAD to share ^_^

attachicon.gifIMG_4669.JPG

Looks great. Except watch out for those camelhorses. 

Looks great. Except watch out for those camelhorses. 

Yip! :blink:

after the recent incidents, I kept my distance, especially because there are a couple babies here. 

attachicon.gifIMG_4678.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4658.JPG

HAD to share ^_^

attachicon.gifIMG_4669.JPG

Nice! Where's the rigid fork gone to?

Nice! Where's the rigid fork gone to?

It's gone down to Bogus to be resprayed.

Luckily my LBS had something I could still use in the meantime..it's permanently locked out :thumbup:

Some dirtroading...

attachicon.gifIMG_5389.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5390.JPG

Gonna get roasted for this but cyclocross just doesn't make sense to me. MTB are made for dirt and roadies for tar. Reckon that is just a line which should not be crossed.

All got started with a couple of bored Belgian and Dutch pro's looking for ways to stay fit without high pace on tar though their cold and wet winters. Then became a sport at which only those 2 nationalities are any good.

Only those who see frietekes as their national fare are mad enough. No reason for the rest of the world to pretend they are normal and legitimise this nonsense

Gonna get roasted for this but cyclocross just doesn't make sense to me. MTB are made for dirt and roadies for tar. Reckon that is just a line which should not be crossed.

All got started with a couple of bored Belgian and Dutch pro's looking for ways to stay fit without high pace on tar though their cold and wet winters. Then became a sport at which only those 2 nationalities are any good.

Only those who see frietekes as their national fare are mad enough. No reason for the rest of the world to pretend they are normal and legitimise this nonsense

I partially agree with you. Cyclocross is a well-developed and highly competitive sport, but it has virtually no presence in Africa (and most of the world, actually) and doesn't make any sense here either. A cyclocross bike only makes sense if you race it competitively. What benefits do CX bikes have above short travel HT MTB's?

HOWEVER, if CX bikes are you're thing, go for it. Other people's opinions shouldn't influence your choices. 

Who said anything about Cyclocross?...

Besides, riding bikes is meant to be fun. I'm having fun on my bike.

I partially agree with you. Cyclocross is a well-developed and highly competitive sport, but it has virtually no presence in Africa (and most of the world, actually) and doesn't make any sense here either. A cyclocross bike only makes sense if you race it competitively. What benefits do CX bikes have above short travel HT MTB's?

HOWEVER, if CX bikes are you're thing, go for it. Other people's opinions shouldn't influence your choices. 

This is built as a gravel grinder. I live in the KZN Midlands with numerous district back roads linked with wonderful country roads (tar). When I had my road bike I always wanted to take a turn onto a dirt patch and link two great roads etc... but wouldn't do it on my expensive, carbon Italian steed. So I sold it, built a steel gravel eater and am loving exploring my 'back yard'.  :thumbup:

Edited by Ryanpmb

Agree with Ryan, my cotic x takes me everywhere... I can roll out of the house and ride as much road as I want or turn into the cane and ride down the gravel roads and into the single track.

Who said anything about Cyclocross?...

Besides, riding bikes is meant to be fun. I'm having fun on my bike.

You are actually very clever with the CX bike.  Using the district roads and the few tar bits you can link pmb cascades, cedara, hilton, Howick, Karkloof and St Ives in one ride.  Not to mention the beautiful Currys post road, Dargle and Karkloof roads that when they turn from tar to dirt us on roadbikes have to turn around and you can carry on! :clap:

You are actually very clever with the CX bike.  Using the district roads and the few tar bits you can link pmb cascades, cedara, hilton, Howick, Karkloof and St Ives in one ride.  Not to mention the beautiful Currys post road, Dargle and Karkloof roads that when they turn from tar to dirt us on roadbikes have to turn around and you can carry on! :clap:

There you go... :)

Just suits our riding conditions (and what I want to do on a bike). I never intended it as a CX bike. That said though, given the opportunity I'd take part in a CX Sunday or two.

I also struggle to 'pigeon hole' bikes. Some not.